Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? (3837 Views)

Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / 5 Things Every Married Man Should Do Around Single Women / Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Sepp360(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Marital Rape is broadly defined as "any unwanted intercourse or penetration (vaginal, anal, oral) obtained by force, or threat of force or when one of the parties has not given his/her consent.

I've heard of countless reported cases, where a woman comes complaining of being raped by her legally married husband, giving reasons of not being in the mood for sex.
And i sit back to wonder the possibility of being called a rapist just because i forcefully had sex with my wife, putting everything into rational consideration.
For me, the word "rape" is too strong to describe a man demanding sexual gratification from his wife by force... It trivializes the grievious offense of a man sexually molesting a woman on whom he has no conjugal rights by the use of force.
A man who breaks down the locks of his property forcefully cannot be accused of a crime, though using the key (read consent) would be more reasonable and edifying.
What's your view?

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
even male animals don't molest female animals.... any man who molest his wife his lower than AN animal.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by SpcAgtOko: 5:44am On Sep 18, 2014
If consent is not given and the man takes it by force then it is ra.pe. doesn't matter if it's his wife or not. Forceful sex is ra.pe.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Johnfavour(m): 5:48am On Sep 18, 2014
What were the terms and conditions you agreed to when tying the knot?
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by nanazeez(f): 6:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Any woman who regularly denies her husband of sexual satisfaction is indirectly telling him to go and find such satifaction else where and dat leads to unfaithfulness coupled with the risk of contacting a disease, as such I think its quite ok if d man choose to force his way. Moreover its his wife, i c no molestation in this.
No matter d road a man uses to enter his farm, u cant acusse him of stlealing from his own farm.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Mynd44: 6:37am On Sep 18, 2014
nanazeez: Any woman who regularly denies her husband of sexual satisfaction is indirectly telling him to go and find such satifaction else where and dat leads to unfaithfulness coupled with the risk of contacting a disease, as such I think its quite ok if d man choose to force his way. Moreover its his wife, i c no molestation in this.
No matter d road a man uses to enter his farm, u cant acusse him of stlealing from his own farm.
You are sick!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Tymax(m): 6:52am On Sep 18, 2014
Why is the article focused on women? Anyway, should a man beg his wife for sex? Why must a woman leverage on it? That's plain evil. angry

3 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Mynd44:
You are sick!!!
Lol! Mynd ooh!! Exactly, really sick!
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by lawrenceunaa: 7:00am On Sep 18, 2014
Not being in the mood isn't a better excuse tho i don't support the man climbing his wife by force. If it were to be me i better oblige to her refusal but the day the thing go hungry her cheesy i will decline half way to the intimacy tongue then what follows will be 'my husband is keeping a mistress' wink
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by djeezy(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2014
In some countries yes whilst in some no. Depends on how you argue it. The essential elements that constitute rape are: “unlawful carnal
knowledge” and “lack of consent.” The institution of marriage
presupposes the presence of consent. A man and woman married
under the appropriate law. (The Marriage Act or the Customary
Law) consent to the rights and benefits enshrined in marriage
which amongst other things, include consummation of marriage
(sexual intercourse in this case). In American jurisdiction, a man can be found guilty of raping his wife.
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2014
Did he marry her just for sex? Somedays we women are not really in the mood for sex, going thru it seems like a toture to many while some endure it.
Sex should be smth a man and his partner enjoys, so guys if she says she is tired let her Be
don't forcefully sleep with your partner even if you are legally married, only an animal does that.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2014
3cycle:

Did he marry her just for sex? Somedays we women are not really in the mood for sex, going thru it seems like a toture to many while some endure it.
Sex should be smth a man and his partner enjoys, so guys if she says she is tired let her Be
don't forcefully sleep with your partner even if you are legally married, only an animal does that.
[s]
3cycle:

[/s]
3cycle:

animals don't do it mam
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by poik(m): 8:20am On Sep 18, 2014
Sex rationally involves consent of both parties. That's the only way it can even be enjoyable mutually in the first place. The Bible says both partners should not defraud each other, so that room will not be created for unfaithfulness. But some women use sex as a trump card of sorts, a threatening tool, even as a means of appreciating their partners. It is meant to foster intimacy between MARRIED people, and anything that negates this is wrong. But when the excuse is related to ill health, prayers, threat to life, or anything related to that, that's the only tenable reason.
I wouldn't use the word rape in a marriage context though. Its too criminal and rattling.

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by bennyrazz: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2014
can a man molest is wife? technically the answer is no but morally the answer yes. If you go into details especially by looking into the Bible it says " The wife does not have authority over her
own body but yields it to her husband. In
the same way, the husband does not have
authority over his own body but yields it
to his wife" if a woman is not feeling too good with herself and she doesn't want to have sex, its good to leave her alone but when she wants to use the sexual starvation as a form of punishment then if the man decides to force her to bed then I don't think its molestation cuz the wife called for it

2 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by kreamidiva(f): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Sepp360: Marital Rape is broadly defined as "any unwanted intercourse or penetration (vaginal, anal, oral) obtained by force, or threat of force or when one of the parties has not given his/her consent.

I've heard of countless reported cases, where a woman comes complaining of being raped by her legally married husband, giving reasons of not being in the mood for sex.
And i sit back to wonder the possibility of being called a rapist just because i forcefully had sex with my wife, putting everything into rational consideration.
For me, the word "rape" is too strong to describe a man demanding sexual gratification from his wife by force... It trivializes the grievious offense of a man sexually molesting a woman on whom he has no conjugal rights by the use of force.
A man who breaks down the locks of his property forcefully cannot be accused of a crime, though using the key (read consent) would be more reasonable and edifying.
What's your view?

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Sepp360(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
shoyemiayodeji: even male animals don't molest female animals.... any man who molest his wife his lower than AN animal.....
what then would you say about cocks, ducks and male dolphins... They're male animals u know!
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Sepp360(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
poik: Sex rationally involves consent of both parties. That's the only way it can even be enjoyable mutually in the first place. The Bible says both partners should not defraud each other, so that room will not be created for unfaithfulness. But some women use sex as a trump card of sorts, a threatening tool, even as a means of appreciating their partners. It is meant to foster intimacy between MARRIED people, and anything that negates this is wrong. But when the excuse is related to ill health, prayers, threat to life, or anything related to that, that's the only tenable reason.
I wouldn't use the word rape in a marriage context though. Its too criminal and rattling.
back in those, such things never occured, cos wives were totally submissive to their husbands. But today, wives lack even an iota of submission, rather they enjoy blackmailing, punishing and tormenting their husbands with sex, which is supposed to be naturally, biblically, customarilly and usually his right.
No man dares to have sex with his wife when risk of health is involved.
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Sepp360: back in those, such things never occured, cos wives were totally submissive to their husbands. But today, wives lack even an iota of submission, rather they enjoy blackmailing, punishing and tormenting their husbands with sex, which is supposed to be naturally, biblically, customarilly and usually his right.
No man dares to have sex with his wife when risk of health is involved.
you can never be too sure smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Sepp360(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godmystrength: you can never be too sure smiley
yap!... But even when such a rare case occurs, it shouldn't be termed as "molest". There must be an anomaly in his central nervous system and hormones.
Both parties still have their health at risk.
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by soulglo: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Smh. This is so disturbing. Is there anything that's sacred anymore. Now people are giving reasons why you might not have a choice but simply to rape

2 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
It is interesting that you consider your wife and her body your property.

In your logic, a husband can also cut off one of his wife's fingers without being charged because it is his property.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by tintingz(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
shoyemiayodeji: even male animals don't molest female animals.... any man who molest his wife his lower than AN animal.....
Is like you have never seen coc.k chasing hen to mate.

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Godmystrength: 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
tintingz: Is like you have never seen coc.k chasing hen to mate.

that is not rape, it is their own courtship o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Rilwayne001: 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2014

He he he grin grin

be like say you have never seen a he-goat ruthlessly molesting a she-goat, you see her crying around for help while that molester follow her grin grin, no matter how many times she headbutt him, he will still not give up. grin grin

be like say na GRA u dey stay, where therre is no movement of animals like we have here on daily basis. grin grin.

@OP, Its not possible for a married man to molest his wife...- my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godmystrength: that is not rape, it is their own courtship o grin grin

grin
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
For now, it's a legal impossibility in Southern Nigeria. The law doesnt recognise forceful intercourse as rape when it's between spouses.

In such a situation, the man can only be charged with assault, not rape properly so called.

In the North, it's possible legally if the wife is underage.
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by tintingz(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godmystrength: that is not rape, it is their own courtship o grin grin
Yes, I know but what do we say about many coc.ks untop a hen.

Hen dies after being raped by cocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KKRzKMj5U

anyway animals are polygamous in nature, few are not.

Rap.e happens in animal kingdom.

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/jkywrmQMip9SG6QVYDoe0H/Rape-in-the-animal-kingdom.html

@topic...why should a man molest his wife, not good.

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Godmystrength: 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
tintingz: Yes, I know but what do we say about many coc.ks untop a hen.

@topic...why should a man molest his wife, not good.
That is gang rape. humans do that too
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Olivia111(f): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Sure, why not. Certain men do not take the female's receptiveness to their urge into consideration and feel its a right to have sex since they are legally or traditionally married which is just plain wrong. It baffles me to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by tintingz(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001:

He he he grin grin

be like say you have never seen a he-goat ruthlessly molesting a she-goat, you see her crying around for help while that molester follow her grin grin, no matter how many times she headbutt him, he will still not give up. grin grin

be like say na GRA u dey stay, where therre is no movement of animals like we have here on daily basis. grin grin.

@OP, Its not possible for a married man to molest his wife...- my opinion
Lol grin

na aje butter grin
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by tintingz(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Godmystrength: That is gang rape. humans do that too
But you said animals don't molest.

Before a coc.k want to mate a hen, the coc.k will make a moody sign/move to the hen but some don't , they just chase the hen like hungry beast.
Re: Can A Legally Married Man Rape His Wife? by Rilwayne001: 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
tintingz: Lol grin

na aje butter grin

Indeed sire...indeed grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Came In And Saw Your Neighbor's Child Doing This. What Will You Do? / My Friend Caught His Mother And His Friend On His Father's Bed / Is This Appropriate?? With Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.