Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai (23342 Views)

We Talk About Career. What Influences Your Career Choice? / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by rudyislife: 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
slimup: @ Rudy yes you can,even without experience but you may not get the desired position or job specification until you have gained two years experience working in the UAE, because that is what they value most. as for your other question, just send me a private message.
pm seems not to be going thru,u just inbox me please.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
@ saint and sinners, yes you can
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by magictouch: 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
slimup: @ Rudy yes you can,even without experience but you may not get the desired position or job specification until you have gained two years experience working in the UAE, because that is what they value most. as for your other question, just send me a private message.

What opportunities are there for a lady who is a graduate of Business Administration, is it easy for them there, how about general working conditions, is it favourable to women. pls respond
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2014
How about getting a job as a geologist?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by aadejesu: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2014
what about a banker, entry level with not much experience. can you please pm me your mail address. thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
@ magic touch, yes you can get a job but it may not be related to your course of study. Yes it is favourable to ladies very, very favourable.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
@ kingzyforpep, yes you can, but it means you have to live I'm Abu Dhabi since it is the hub of all oil companies in the UAE but if not, you can make do with other alternative jobs available.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
@aadejesu, your case is not different from the other professionals I have answered already. white collar jobs are not readily available but its possible. The key word is the God factor and luck.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
goatleg: Hello papiforreal.
this is goatleg. Mail me at ediebright@yahoo.com

i have sent you a mail sir. Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
keep them coming
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by Mixty: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
slimup: keep them coming
I studied mechanical engineering with a first class. if I go for my masters in Dubai, what are the chances of getting a well paying oil and gas job? I am considering schooling in one of the arab countries.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ Misty, your chances are very high because they value their certificate s and those of the western world.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by owajio: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
pls. I would like to know how favourable the wheather is over there.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ Owaji, the wheather is as good as it can get. cold and hot. As we speak now the heat is gradually coming down BTW Nov thru Feb, it will be cold again. The most important thing to know is that no matter how hot it is, its only when you are outside, because every where here that is covered by roof, has Ac so u don't really feel the heat when you are indoors
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by queenataba(f): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
For you Dubai visas and direct employment visas, tour packages and ticket advise, PM me.

Visa starts from $300 up wards.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by itunu8(f): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
@slimup I sent u a pm nd am stil awaiting ur reply... av read all thru d thread nd av gotten a better understanding on my travel plans. I relli comment ur efforts in helping others and God bless u. I actually have some specific questions nd would love to reach u via email.. pls do reply ASAP cos I plan comin in ending of this month.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by nibblekenny: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2014
@slimup.,pls how much for a visa to Dubai,ticket, duration of visa and the probability of get a job as soon as one lands
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
@ Nibblekenny, visa depends on your agent its from 300 dollars up like an agent told me, ticket VI's from 110 thousand niara depending on the airline and period of travel. As for job, yes you can get Asap if you are not choosy.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by Shock(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for opening this thread. I am currently speaking with some firm in UAE and if offered the role, i may need to consider relocation from my current job in London to Dubai/Abu dahbi.

I will be glad if you could help with some questions.

1) What is the cost of living like in dubai? How much should you be earning if you plan on saving approximately 6,000 dollars monthly after basic costs?

2) Do you have some idea how much a mid-level employee in Investments/Finance/Banking could earn in dubai?

3) What is the Nigerian community like in Dubai? What are the kind of events/networking opportunities that are available to meet like minded people?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
@ Shock, thanks for the compliment. For people like you, arriving the UAE from UK is a great deal because I know much value is placed on you guys and as such, both salaries and living conditions, are entirely different from people like me. hahahahaha.The cost of living is ok, foods are cheap,transport is ok except accomodation. Expecially in Dubai and Abu Dhabi its so high.

You used dollars, I will use Durham's. For you to be able to save 6k dhs monthly, it means your salary should be between 15 to 25k dhs. This is because @ this level, you source your accommodation, transportation and feeding yourself.

All in all, it depends on your kind of life style. If you are a heavy spender, shopping freak or moderate spender.

For the mid level I cant say for sure, but for entry level I know its about 4 to 15k dhs depending on who gets the job. By that I mean, if its an Indian,African or Emerati

To be frank, Niaja community is more of a disappointment than blessing because most of us, use our positions to dupe fellow naija and lead them astray. You hardly can find a sincere person willing to help freely, but when and if you do, you will be glad and happy you did. As regards association, the only one I know of is meeting in drinking joints and all. Maybe when you arrive you can begin to look at other perspectives.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by chiboy429(m): 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
Thank you very much slim,

I have a little bit queation here ,and it goes what is the cost of accomodation and its access over there and secondly how can i secure a lecturing job there ? Thanks waiting in anticipation
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
@ chiboy, I must be frank,I have never met a Niaja lecturer here yet but I have met a friend on line who lives and teach @ a University in Oman some years ago. Then, he was telling me he needed to transfer to the UK.

I do not think it is impossible. My advise would be for you to write directly to some of there schools using Google as a guide, to know if they have vacancies for your class of person.

As for accommodation, getting it is not a task at all but you have to be on ground first to know what you really want. But you can visit dubizzle.com accommodation to get a valid and current price range of accommodation across the UAE.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by chiboy429(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
slimup:
@ chiboy, I must be frank,I have never met a Niaja lecturer here yet but I have met a friend on line who lives and teach @ a University in Oman some years ago. Then, he was telling me he needed to transfer to the UK.

I do not think it is impossible. My advise would be for you to write directly to some of there schools using Google as a guide, to know if they have vacancies for your class of person.

As for accommodation, getting it is not a task at all but you have to be on ground first to know what you really want. But you can visit dubizzle.com accommodation to get a valid and current price range of accommodation across the UAE.

thanks bro,how can i secure the accommodation is it when i arrive or before i arrive? Thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by nibblekenny: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good evening please,I need to know the cost for visa and ticket to Dubai and the chances of getting a hospitality job asap when one arrives . Please urgently reply is highly welcomed. Thank you
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by nibblekenny: 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
nibblekenny:
Good evening please,I need to know the cost for visa and ticket to Dubai and the chances of getting a hospitality job asap when one arrives . Please urgently reply is highly welcomed. Thank you
@slim up please can you send me,your mobile number
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
@ chiboy, it is when you arrive
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
http:///uN2EU0, for those of you trying to apply from home try this and see.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by chiboy429(m): 12:05am On Oct 14, 2014
slimup:
http:///uN2EU0, for those of you trying to apply from home try this and see.

Please ,recheck the url
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by chiboy429(m): 12:07am On Oct 14, 2014
slimup:
@ chiboy, it is when you arrive

Okay,that means one would reside in a hotel before geting an apartment ,isnt that going to be much more expensive,.?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by slimup: 11:42am On Oct 14, 2014
http://dubaiofw.com/chalhoub-
group-uae-careers-october-2014/ , sorry I couldn't get the site back, try this also.
For the accommodation. you can get on arrival if you have a contact that can help you get it down. if not, you can spend just one night in a hotel and use the rest of the day to look for accommodation.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by chiboy429(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
slimup:
http://dubaiofw.com/chalhoub-
group-uae-careers-october-2014/ , sorry I couldn't get the site back, try this also.
For the accommodation. you can get on arrival if you have a contact that can help you get it down. if not, you can spend just one night in a hotel and use the rest of the day to look for accommodation.

Ooh thanks very informative
Re: Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai by medictours: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
nibblekenny:

Cost of ticket to Dubai depends on your preferred airline and your travel dates; Rwandair, Ethiopian, Qatar, Etihad, Emirates etc all currently raging from about N119,000+\- to about N157,000+\-. I may not have more info on a work visa if that's what you require here but but if you decide to go to Dubai firSt for a personal job search a tourist visa is perfect for you but you must return before the expiration of your visa. A 2month-duration Dubai Tourist visa will cost $130 / N22,100 only. You can email medictoursindia@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of People Who Never Succeed At Work / What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace / Plantain Trees Planted At NESTOIL Camp Gate In Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.