Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY (1104 Views)

Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Kindly Advise About This Change Of Career.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hi, please am a science student that just left secondary school, i intend to study biochemistry but recently came across a grown up that also studied the same course, due to the way NIGERIA, no job ,he now owns a cafe, please i need your advise if anyone also studied the course if there is hope . . .
Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by Amthol(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
Which ever course that comes your just make sure u excel perfectly in it and I can assure u will not regret it

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by timawoku(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
zleemshaddy: Hi, please am a science student that just left secondary school, i intend to study biochemistry but recently came across a grown up that also studied the same course, due to the way NIGERIA, no job ,he now owns a cafe, please i need your advise if anyone also studied the course if there is hope . . .
do any course that you can excel in, as long as you come out tops (first class) then you will have no problem in the labour market, if u are up to the task, go for it, even if it means you study a less challenging course,just ensure you come out tops ok?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Amthol: Which ever course that comes your just make sure u excel perfectly in it and I can assure u will not regret it
tenkz alot
Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
timawoku: do any course that you can excel in, as long as you come out tops (first class) then you will have no problem in the labour market, if u are up to the task, go for it, even if it means you study a less challenging course,just ensure you come out tops ok?
tenkz bro
Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by Karleb(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Bro I'd advice you to leave that dream except you want to go iinto entrepreneur or you want to work outside this country but if you intend to work with your first degree forgetabout that biochemistry.

My 2cent.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by destante(f): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
From a vicarious experience too, I think you should put in for it if you really love to. The job market isn't really unsaturated for any field anymore in Nigeria, so don't make that so much the basis for your decision. Eventually, you will most likely work in any field that requires a bit of technicality. My advice is go to reputable schools where you can come out with good grades without much stress. For instance, I wouldn't choose Ife or Ilorin for that. Ibadan, Lagos and Benin are okay.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by 234GT(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
I read biochemistry and made a second class upper. I now work with Union Bank. Some of my coursemates work with Nigerian Breweries, GSK and the likes.

Another coursemate of mine joined zenith bank just a month after NYSC. He made a first class, and he now works with PWC.

Moral of the above is that you can work anywhere with a 2.1 or 1st class in biochemistry. Don't forget that you also need God and some luck!

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by edogho(m): 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
234GT: I read biochemistry and made a second class upper. I now work with Union Bank. Some of my coursemates work with Nigerian Breweries, GSK and the likes.

Another coursemate of mine joined zenith bank just a month after NYSC. He made a first class, and he now works with PWC.

Moral of the above is that you can work anywhere with a 2.1 or 1st class in biochemistry. Don't forget that you also need God and some luck!
u guys follow dey kill 9ja progress abi? oya submit ur resignation quick grin grin grin Our Labour Market Is Something Else. op take note. #GodHelpUs

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by damimola(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hi bro,
i will advise you to consider a professional course like pharmacy

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by CrazyMan(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
zleemshaddy: Hi, please am a science student that just left secondary school, i intend to study biochemistry but recently came across a grown up that also studied the same course, due to the way NIGERIA, no job ,he now owns a cafe, please i need your advise if anyone also studied the course if there is hope . . .
Follow your dream bro...pay little or no attention to the cafe guy.

In Nigeria today, provided you're a sound graduate, you can work in any field.

Gone are the days when they tell you that you must read banking and finance if you have any intentions of working in the bank and other stuffs like that.

Bio chemistry (BCH) is a course that requires concentration so if you truly want to go for it, your road to achieving that dream begins now.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
CrazyMan:
Follow your dream bro...pay little or no attention to the cafe guy.

In Nigeria today, provided you're a sound graduate, you can work in any field.

Gone are the days when they tell you that you must read banking and finance if you have any intentions of working in the bank and other stuffs like that.

Bio chemistry (BCH) is a course that requires concentration so if you truly want to go for it, your road to achieving that dream begins now.

Good luck.
tenkz alot bro, i really appreciate. . .i wil surely put diz in mind.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY by 234GT(m): 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
edogho: u guys follow dey kill 9ja progress abi? oya submit ur resignation quick grin grin grin Our Labour Market Is Something Else. op take note. #GodHelpUs

How I dey kill naija progress??

(1) (Reply)

Business Plan Templates & All Official Documents In Nigeria Downloads / CFA Approved Calculators -BA II Plus / Kevron Consulting Limited HSE Services/ Training Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.