Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Futo Girls – Worth, Honour And Strenght... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Futo Girls – Worth, Honour And Strenght... (2192 Views)

Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour / House Of Reps To Honour Ayodele Daniel Dada / Having Challenges In Your Education Orlife? Get Strenght Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Futo Girls – Worth, Honour And Strenght... by moonfc: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
FUTO GIRLS – WORTH, HONOUR AND STRENGTH...

For as many who were adequately versed in knowledge with the happenings in futo community; such would think that the community is limited to a place where ignorant lads pass through; just to obtain a five year incubated-now-hatched degree, and afterwards zoom off into the larger society to join the other already arrived millions in the unending quest for survival.

The same would think that the community is exclusive for these lads – since there was no or very few lasses, and these few in a mass headcount, abbreviated to less than one twentieth of the whole population. What did I just say? Permit me this time to reiterate to no fault, that the feminine gender was to the males, a 1 : 1000 ratio. Yes! I mean a proportion of one girl is to a thousand guys.

Funny enough in a class of Engineers, Technologists and scientists, it would interest you to ponder why there are just two girls walking in from the hostel and finding their way to the front seat – this didn’t seem to be their birth-right, but then the males were fond of valuing what was rare. So they just let their macho girls be.

Even with their long wailing skirts, the waist-tight jean trousers, the protruding firm butts, the soft tops that thrust out the masculine breasts, even with these ladies in class; it was more of an unnoticeable course. Of course the males barely appreciated they had girls. They weren’t concerned with who made advancements or not, they cared less what an intercepted wink could mean, A caress on the face was like – please can I have your PHY 101 Manual. At this eld, cat-walking only signified laziness… Who knows? I do.

These guys were not gays! They were steadfast in their studies. Acting, faring and living in oblivion of these their ilk. In fact, the continuous existences of these machismos left FUTO a BOYS BRIGADE CAMP, and believe me; the race enroute GP consciousness went smoother without distractions.

Yes! It used to make headlines for comics, but it never ended there.

If you are still engaged in this school of thought, then you are probably shut out to new developments, or you are apparently some twenty five years backwards.

Federal University of Technology Owerri – FUTO is an institute blessed with a favourable number of students and unlike before, the girl – boy ratio has come to normalcy with the introduction of new feminine departments which has helped increase the inflow of ladies; these ladies are not just increased but very beautiful. Their presence on campus has ignited colossal scintillation on the face of the campus – thanks to the school management

It has a large expanse of land for edifice and structural development, and is characterized by a great number of scholars – scholars who are ever ready cum willing to sacrifice their time and standing strength to inculcate immeasurable knowledge to their savants.

Frustration Under Tension Owerri – FUTO is yet another institution. When juxtaposed with the first mentioned institute, it would become obvious that the former is but a picture of the latter, where the supposed transfer of knowledge is to take place. But in real sense the latter is the environment where the students have found themselves, Characterized by frustration, stress, mental pressure, strain, suffering passion, ridiculed desire, competition …and what have you. The large expanse land has helped in sporting activities rather than the initial supposed structural development. Students are trained in skill of walking, jogging and running from one lecture venue to another.

Given these situations, one would wonder how these FUTO girls have been able to survive and will continue to survive.

“Worth, Honour and Strength”

The school originally poses a challenge for an average male, who is merely concerned with managing the process of knowledge acquisition. Every boy walking from lecture hall 2 to hall of mercy, or from school of Health to SAAT building, or running back from 750 Capacity after a funny Igbo 101 class is singing curses on the school for their mismanagement of land. Yet, our ladies walk, jog and run this same distance and no one cares more.

I applaud the girls that reside in the hostel area. The amount of energy they spend only to fetch water from the manual borehole (Man power) is heartbreaking. Sometimes the man power breaks down. Normally this would send an average male packing his loads from the hostel to some friend’s lodge in Eziobodo or Umuchima – yet you see them everywhere; each holding on to her bucket. They move from halls C and D to the males’ side. These ladies show forth strength and relentless passion in the struggle for knowledge, accepting every con associated with the procedure. Even though they are encumbered, they are never dispirited! – WORTH!

They read their way through. FUTO lecturers are not going to give out freebies, so these folks must pay. When payments for materials have ended, these sisters still have to wade off the day’s stress and find their way to CCE building, SEET head, Civil building or STACC for night class. Some still use their discomforting rooms, finding solace on their beds and many others on their tables for night jacking – just to make ends meet. Not willing to give up!
No one says the boys are not better at it; the concern is with the equality. My years in High school made me understand and see reasons why the saying; “what a man can do, a woman can do better” was very wrong. As a young military student in a military school, we were given separate work and punishment as regards your gender. Females got lighter punishments, and we die-hard males enjoyed the fierceness of our koboko – Yet, our then Medical Inspection Room (MIR) had female visitors almost horary. Now in Futo, the management has dished out equal amount of service and warm welcome to both parties of gender and yet, the medicals’ girl to boy ratio of visitors is not one-sided – STRENGTH!

They are leaders. They never abandoned their role in the Students’ Union Government. They engage in politicking and lobbying for votes. They even defy males in the struggle for victory; 2012 Politicking era holds its records as one of them contested for Director of Socials (DOS). Was she a tough opponent? – ALUTA MAYOR would tell better. The many who don’t contest, never allow themselves to be disenfranchised.

Yet they don’t leave out their feminine duties. CHUKWU PURITY, during the 2014 SUG DEBATE mentioned how she would use her femineity to make sure the Union activities does not veer to its ebb, if elected Vice President. They are focused.
They fellowship! Visit our fellowships and see these ladies in their numbers. They want to communicate. They want to intercede for their families, friends and the school. They have sacrificed the love garden for prayers. They never forget the mark!

And in class, one would wonder how these girls, being the weaker sex engage in these activities with the stronger side, and still retain their positions. In secondary school, Mom asked me why I came seventh position (7th) and let Four girls beat me, my answer was simple; “these girls don’t engage in the same tedious activities as us”

Now after my four years in FUTO, I am scared of answering this same simple question.

In their departments, they lead. During Convocation, you see them awarded. Now what men could do was able to be done too by these FUTO GIRLS, and funny enough, this time sometimes better – HONOUR!

Aluta Continua…

Onwa Franklin C.

2 Likes

Re: Futo Girls – Worth, Honour And Strenght... by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
nice write up.... Well said. Futo is really a jungle not only 4 d dudes but 4 d damsels as well... long live onwa franklin ''outgoing Sug exco'' ...
Long live mech engr department...
Long live FUTO

1 Like

Re: Futo Girls – Worth, Honour And Strenght... by moonfc: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
Denizsmart: nice write up.... Well said. Futo is really a jungle not only 4 d dudes but 4 d damsels as well... long live onwa franklin ''outgoing Sug exco'' ...
Long live mech engr department...
Long live FUTO

Bro, long live you too... all this mech. boys.... i don't remember mentioning the out going leader in the post, you be ghost?

(1) (Reply)

Some Jambites Still Waiting For Next Batch This Night.[photos]:-o / An Important Phase Of Education Is Good Composition / Please What Course Can My Bro Study With This Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.