Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure (791 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute Ewedu Cure Claimer / “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by chinasaekperem3: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2014
In the midst of the Ebola outbreak, several individuals have claimed to have the panacea for the disease.  Kolanut, salt, Ewedu, and other food items have been rumoured to cure Ebola.

The National  Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has vowed to crack down on people who make such erroneous claims, beginning with the professor who claimed Ewedu can cure Ebola.

Director General of NAFDAC, Paul Orhii made the announcement yesterday, Vanguard reports.
Orhii reportedly stated that NAFDAC would arrest and prosecute a Nigerian Professor of Ophthalmology at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, (LUTH) who made the false claims about Ewedu.

“One consequence of these unsupported and possibly fraudulent claims is that people may be misled into a false sense of invincibility on account of eating Ewedu or bitter kola and drop their guards. This is a national embarrassment and the Agency will not take such uncorroborated claims by supposedly learned people lightly… NAFDAC will immediately arrest and prosecute any Nigerian making such unverified claims as that could mislead the public,” he said.
In its efforts to crack down on individuals exploiting the Ebola situation, NAFDAC has also arrested three Nigerian business men who imported fake Ebola kits and expired hand sanitizers into the country.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by chinasaekperem3: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by YorubaBigot: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2014
bwuahahahaha...ewedu kor, amala dudu ni gringringringrin
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by texazzpete(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Cowardice is when NAFDAC wants to prosecute a Prof for his 'Ewedu' cure but says nothing about prosecuting TB Joshua for his 'Holy Water' cure.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by chinasaekperem3: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2014
I use to hold LUTH in high esteem but I didn't know they harbour quack professors.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2014
A "national disgrace" it is.
Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by Sagamite(m): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2014
What is this Professor Ewedu's real name?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by Sagamite(m): 7:39am On Sep 30, 2014
chinasaekperem3: I use to hold LUTH in high esteem but I didn't know they harbour quack professors.

Now you all would understand when I keep banging on about Nigeria's failed education system.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: NAFDAC To Prosecute LUTH Professor Who Claimed Ewedu Is A Cure by Sagamite(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2014
I have got her name.

The mooron's name is Prof Adebukola Adefule Oshitelu.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Women : 10 Foods To Eat Everyday For Perfect Skin / 5 Diseases You Never Knew Marijuana Could Fight Or Potentially Cure / Save My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.