Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,645 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Sheikh Zakzaky Heads To UN Human Rights Commission On Zaria Quds Day Massacre - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sheikh Zakzaky Heads To UN Human Rights Commission On Zaria Quds Day Massacre (607 Views)

Protest/vigil At Nigeria High Commission In London On Quds Day Massacre In Zaria / Son Of Sheikh Zakzaky, Others Martyred In Al-Quds Day Procession In Zaria / "Yaumul-Quds Al-Alami"-International Jerusalem Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sheikh Zakzaky Heads To UN Human Rights Commission On Zaria Quds Day Massacre by LagosShia: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Zaria Quds Day Massacre: Sheikh Zakzaky addresses UN Human Right Commission

Leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, His Eminence Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky has on Thursday (18/09/2014) addressed a session of the United Nations Human Rights Commission over the Zaria Quds Day killings carried out by the Nigerian military on July 25, 2014.

Facilitated by the fact-finding team of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, the presentation was made live on internet via skype through direct link with the UN Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Sheikh Zakzaky and another key eye-witness were denied visa to personally attend the special session.

The panel brought together members of the fact-finding team and key eye-witnesses, among them was Sheikh Zakzaky, who lost three of his sons in the massacre, and Dr. Musa Shuaibu, a doctor in Zaria who treated many of the victims of the army's attacks.

It would be recalled that the fact-finding team of the Islamic Human Rights Commission had visited Nigeria and compiled a report which documented the facts behind last July's killings.

The panel centered the discussion on ‘the Zaria Massacres and the Role of the Military' and heard from the two key witnesses, who backed their presentations with clear empirical evidences.

The Islamic Human Rights Commission was expected to present the documented report of the massacre to the UN fact-finding mission same day after the session.

Last Updated on Friday, 19 September 2014 08:14

http://www.islamicmovement.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:zaria-quds-day-massacre-sheikh-zakzaky-addresses-un-human-right-commission&catid=41:frontpage
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Heads To UN Human Rights Commission On Zaria Quds Day Massacre by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Just because I don't like the the personality and the ideology of El-Zak-zaky doesn't mean that I don't understand the difference between GOOD and EVIL; between the OPPRESOR and the OPPRESSED and between RIGHT and WRONG.
El-Zak-zaky has been WRONGED and OPPRESSED. 3 sons and scores of followers assassinated by the men of Nigerian armed force extrajudicially. No official apology from the state, no report of finding from the investigations (that is, if it was ever investigated), no prosecution for the perpetrators. No justices for the INNOCENT.

Nigerians have chosen to remain silent and nonplussed just out of sheer hatred and bigotry (i.e. Muslim vs Christian and Sunni vs. Shiite). So the man is on his own, nobody care, not the Sultan of Sokoto - the self- appointed leader of the Muslim (Born to rule, I guess), not the Muslim leader, not NSCIA, not the civil right organization, not the Amnesty int'l, not CAN etc.) Everybody is okay with the atrocity since it is against El-Zak-zaky; until it happens to one of their interest tomorrow, then like the hypocrites they are they will scream blue murder to high heaven, as if it has never happen in the land before. Yet these same men and institution kept silent when an antecedent was being set.

By this stance, it is a suspect that what the Govt. intends is to introduce an additional dimension to the Boko Haram terrorist saga.
My respect goes to El Zak-zaky and his organization for threading the path of restrain and keeping a cool head in the face of heart-wrenching grief, loss and certain provocations
If this is your faith and ideological philosophy, I pay reverence to it. and will like to learn about your belief system.
By the force of the universe victory will be obtained by the oppressed (at the ICC), If there's any justice in this world.
I wish fairness and justice to the better man, El Zak-Zaky

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Need To Do Things Only For The Sake Of Allah. / Selling And Buying Of Cats / Why U Need To Get Addicted To ISTIGHFAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.