Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? (3852 Views)

Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) / My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by patlead: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
my mechanic was working on my car and left my car key in his tools box. today he called and said it was missing, the car is currently at a friends house and i dont know what to do. the car is a 2002 ford focus..what can i do?
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
patlead: my mechanic was working on my car and left my car key in his tools box. today he called and said it was missing, the car is currently at a friends house and i dont know what to do. the car is a 2002 ford focus..what can i do?

i think you are being conned

1st off all remove fuel pump use or any fuse that stops the car from starting thats avoid the car being stolen

did you leave the keys by mistake or in his care ?

if you left the keys by mistake then its your own faulty you have to find people who reprogram an new key or get a full set of an ecu with key and door locks
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by patlead: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Left the key for him to change the alternator. he changed the alternator and started searching for the key after installation. i will see what i can do to immobilise the car
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
patlead: my mechanic was working on my car and left my car key in his tools box. today he called and said it was missing, the car is currently at a friends house and i dont know what to do. the car is a 2002 ford focus..what can i do?

U mean u dnt ve a spare key dts a careless way to owner a car. If u find d key make sure u go straight to duplicate it to avoid similar embarrassment in d future

1 Like

Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by JUO(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2014

spare key
when the original is missing, you wan meet empty ground for where you pack?
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by princejones(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Please where can one duplicate his key,mine are different,that is door and ignition and can l program the key for doors and ignition.it is still factory car.
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ivoryhouse(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Buy a new car
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ivoryhouse(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Just kidding.. go to amazon.com and look for the key
Then get it in, cut it and program it
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
princejones: Please where can one duplicate his key,mine are different,that is door and ignition and can l program the key for doors and ignition.it is still factory car.

People dt duplicate any kinda of key can do dt for u in less than 10min. I did mine for #1200 here in abia state. Ask arnd where u reside if in naija.
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by princejones(m): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
ogawisdom:
People dt duplicate any kinda of key can do dt for u in less than 10min. I did mine for #1200 here in abia state. Ask arnd where u reside if in naija.
Please oga wisdom where in Abia state cus l will be in Aba precisely by next week.thanks for the info and God bless you.
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2014
princejones: Please oga wisdom where in Abia state cus l will be in Aba precisely by next week.thanks for the info and God bless you.

Aba owerri rd after ahia nkwo when coming into aba, ask ppl they ll point to d place its on d road.
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by princejones(m): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2014
Am l to reach Mtn office or brass junction
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by mayor2013: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
For the "op" type of car (ford focus 2002) no one would ever duplicate that type of key for #1200 undecided that amount hasn't taken care of the cost of buying an extra key not to talk of programming it.
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by patlead: 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please
ZIMDRILL:
i think you are being conned
1st off all remove fuel pump use or any fuse that stops the car from starting thats avoid the car being stolen
did you leave the keys by mistake or in his care ?
if you left the keys by mistake then its your own faulty you have to find people who reprogram an new key or get a full set of an ecu with key and door locks
2 days and still waiting for a miracle with the keys
Does anyone know an affordable locksmith or an idea of the cost of getting another key?
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
patlead: Please 2 days and still waiting for a miracle with the keys
Does anyone know an affordable locksmith or an idea of the cost of getting another key?

What country did your Ford Focus originally come from?
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by patlead: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Siena:

What country did your Ford Focus originally come from?
america, sir
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
princejones: Am l to reach Mtn office or brass junction

Immediately after ahia nkwo, stop n ask arnd n u ll b shown d place, if u look well u ll see dt boy small signboard. D boy did a nice job in duplicatin my car key. I had to duplicate fast bc d security on my car automatically locks my door once closed n I tot one day d key may b locked inside undecided prevention is beta u kw cool
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by patlead: 6:18am On Sep 23, 2014
Its amazing how people derail your thread
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by prospero15(m): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
ogawisdom:

Immediately after ahia nkwo, stop n ask arnd n u ll b shown d place, if u look well u ll see dt boy small signboard. D boy did a nice job in duplicatin my car key. I had to duplicate fast bc d security on my car automatically locks my door once closed n I tot one day d key may b locked inside undecided prevention is beta u kw cool

abeg is there anyother ahiankwo in aba at factory road?..if not where is the ahiankwo?
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by Bright2(m): 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
Take am easy oga,nothing to worry about.
Call this number 08023977522 he moves from state to state for key replacement & programming,he did mine as we met in PH but he resides in Lagos.

make all enquiry from him & rest your case.
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by ogawisdom(m): 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
prospero15:

abeg is there anyother ahiankwo in aba at factory road?..if not where is the ahiankwo?

B4 mcc junction in aba ie when leaving aba, its arnd absuth main campus
Re: My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? by olliemiller: 4:40am On Jul 29, 2016
If your dealer gives you good service, go there, but any good Locksmith should be able to make keys for your car.Might help if you post up make, model, and year, then you can get some more specific advice.Get 2 sets, it won't cost 2X what one set would cost, put the spare set in a safe place where you won't lose it.

(1) (Reply)

Uber Limits U.K. Driver Hours In Response To Safety Concerns / Toyota Rav4 vs Honda CRV / Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.