Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Throwback: Do You Remember This Television - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback: Do You Remember This Television (4059 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) / Who Can Remember This Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
I Went to my grandfathers house and I saw this television still standing "Gidigba" in his living room. I remember how interesting it was watching this television with its door wide opened. So who else remember this television,it was so common in the late 90s , 80s.blah blah..... If you remember this, then you are part of the last sane generation.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Ebubeslym(m): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
watched US94 On this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ebubeslym: watched US94 On this.
U self don old be dat...
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by lonngmann(m): 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
I watched Nigeria gain independence on that tv
undecided

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
lonngmann: I watched Nigeria gain independence on that tv
undecided
Indeed u are a long man...

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by egopersonified(f): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
I refuse to remember this television. Na by force?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Joeself1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
tuning the channel was the funniest part of it

it will sound like kra kra kra
lol

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Iyabetajos(f): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
hmmn dis tv na hot cake nw ohhhhhhh some guys came to persuade my dad in law to sell forty k just last month.dey said it has mercury or someethin lyk dat n dey want to extract bla bla bla

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Big4wig(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
This tv is still d best compared to d fragile nonsense we av nowadays :p

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by olaleks007(m): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chai those days...if light come like dis, our parlor go full like say na market we dey if there is a program to watch. #interestingDays
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Dreyl(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
I love this T.v back then,very strong unlike the rubbish they produce now.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Dolemite(f): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dreyl: I love this T.v back then,very strong unlike the rubbish they produce now.

You can hardly call a flat screen tv nonsense, compared to this ancient artifact. angry

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by dominique(f): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
The tv that opens and shuts, it's still in my parents house and its still working. I watched a lot of Nta 2, clapperboard and DBN, so darn heavy!

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Janeify(f): 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
Stubborn tv ;Dour own don old sote i no dey remember am now

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by tochman(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
I remember when this television was hotcake because of something valuable inside. That's if u guys can remember. Especially that clock grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by acenazt: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
lmao. mehn my grandpa buy dis tv wen him wed my grandma 50 years ago. i watch tales by moon light,glamour girls,no one but you,the burning train,nam angels etc for that big box. choi
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by macklef(m): 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lol. Apoti èri. I was unlucky to watch this TV i heard it got spoilt while i was still a kid, every tecnician in our neigbourhood tried to fix it, but never suceeded.
All i see was its statue in d sitting room
I met the black n white ''president'' tv tho, after then my dad bought ''ITT''(internationall Thief Thief)
Chai, now we use an LG ultraslim curve Tv grin grin
Ps *dont ask me for pictures tho, we dont wanna attract thieves to our house* grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by macklef(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Big4wig: This tv is still d best compared to d fragile nonsense we av nowadays :p
Oga, that TV was very expensive then, so i heard. If you buy an expensive TV today, uld enjoy it too.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Artistree: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ours was NATIONALE, my parents always deprived us of watching programmes excessively by shutting d doors and locking them.
Then programmes commence by 4pm and we would rush to finish our house chores so we can be free by the time TV is open...
I miss the life then sha!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by gentlestone(m): 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Oh!, This one made it shocked shocked, Throw back to millions of naira TV [color=#000099][/color] MERCURY ERA, I traveled to my village for this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by goldwaters(f): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
OduntanGabriel: I Went to my grandfathers house and I saw this television still standing "Gidigba" in his living room. I remember how interesting it was watching this television with his door wide opened. So who else remember this televison,it was so common in the late 90s , 80s.blah blah..... If you remember this, then you are part of the last sane generation.
Hmmm hmmm, this is d exact one we had oooo. Sanyo. Lol. With vhf and UHF tuning. grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Exmay(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Op: did u studied archeology in school or are u working in a Museum?? If the answer to any of the above is Yes, then I can understand how u came about this artifacts... I remember then sey na just 2 stations we get for our house OGTV and LTV. Good Old days. Less time spent in front of screens unlike nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Haywhymido(m): 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nairaland bringing back d good olden days since 2005. Am one of dose people dat watched dat tv,na thunder spoilt am 4 our house. I cant even remember dat year again

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by nairalife2013(m): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
One thing I "hate" about my parents is dat they never throw anytin away! They stil hav dat thin,and d daan so called mecury clock now sits in my store!! Why? My dad was out of town when news filtered into his ear dat som chaps were going abt stealing or buying old big ben to extract mecury from it. I know why he didn't call any of my siblings who hav better spaces to store old dug-out stuffs but me! Now d clock sits in my house! A few days ago, my wife who frequents d store mistakenly shifted it to anoda position thereby triggering d tik tok machine. D whole neigbourhood was like queen elizabeth had die, and my wife enjoyed it. I had travelled. When I came bak, I stuffed rags and papers inside it to hold d pendulum, wrap it in a blanket and deposit it in my car trunk. Dis thin has a life! U mistakenly shake it it would wake itself up and u would hear its sound come down heavily like a monster tamborine uuwwaanngg!!! I had to stuff and wrap it as a shackle or fetters is put on a prisoner in jail. Itz still there but It wil som day be onward home. I know datz one of d ancient stuffs my father intends to bequeath to me. Itz obvious cos am d name sake of his own father- d name ofwhich our clan and extended family is known is also my name. And in our family, d last thing to throw away is our surname- from generation to generation. D surname stays d same. But am not d first son. It goes on like that. Old stuffs that my grand dad used, some are still wid my dad. And he was a blacksmith he loved iron and stones and fire and wood. My dad told me he often said wid these four, he could device anythin. We have different old things in d house. Like d first safari I wore as a baby, embroided wid beautiful colours and side pockets. It ran from neck to toe when I wore it as a new born.I put it once tentatively on my first child. As I went a scanty distance to take a vantaged view, I thot I felt some tears working up my eyes. I also hav d soap I used as a young bachelour as I started out on life, all alone in a little room far from home. D fragrance, due to long use then, is a strong reminder of those tough days in d north,d begining of d journey of a lifetime...tough days never ends but weak people do, I found out far bak. I stil hav d priceless bracelet my grand mom gav to me to wear to a traditional ceremony before she passd on. It was for women but she told me " beads dont select necks on dis kind of day." I know even as I pretend to despice old things and seemingly tend to abandon them, they still stir fond memories in me.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
Exmay: @Op: did u studied archeology in school or are u working in a Museum?? If the answer to any of the above is Yes, then I can understand how u came about this artifacts... I remember then sey na just 2 stations we get for our house OGTV and LTV. Good Old days. Less time spent in front of screens unlike nowadays.
I studied marketing in university but my grandparent were good @ keeping old stuffs,went to their house and I saw this, it brings back the good old days of waiting for my grandpa to unlock the tv before u can watch it. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by OduntanGabriel(m): 12:02am On Sep 20, 2014
Really enjoying everyone's comment..... Wish the mods could put this in the front page..... For everyone to reminisce.........
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by priscaoge(f): 12:07am On Sep 20, 2014
That's my Grandpa's Plasmaundecidedgrin...The old man won't let any of us touch it unless he's around.undecided. Na only two channels the thing de show,d volume na diecheesycheesy,then it's not always clear so we have to keep turning n rotating the 'pole' to make it stable. When it's not clear,we say that..'Rain is still falling inside d TVgringrin

Op Ur grandpa na watzup guygrin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Exmay(m): 12:10am On Sep 20, 2014
OduntanGabriel: I studied marketing in university but my grandparent were good @ keeping old stuffs,went to their house and I saw this, it brings back the good old days of waiting for my grandpa to unlock the tv before u can watch it. May his soul rest in peace.
RIP to your Grandpa. I was just kidding about what you studied in school. Its nice seeing old stuffs especially if still working perfectly...

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Krasid(m): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2014
The last time we used this tv I was like 7 years old.
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by Waspy(m): 12:12am On Sep 20, 2014
dominique: The tv that opens and shuts, it's still in my parents house and its still working. I watched a lot of Nta 2, clapperboard and DBN, so darn heavy!
What became of DBN sef? Is it out of broadcast?
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by WIZGUY69(m): 12:19am On Sep 20, 2014
So nah throwback wan dey reign now abi? undecided
Re: Throwback: Do You Remember This Television by brixton: 1:10am On Sep 20, 2014
lol, these teles remind me of usa 94 world cup, Atlanta 96 Olympics and entertaining wrestling fights of the 90s

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Mathematics Textbook(s) Is The Best For Engineering Students? / [teachers Day Hindi Speech] Teachers Day 2016 Hindi Speech, Anchoring Script / Economics Or Engineering?? Please Kindly Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.