Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Fashola Met With Ebola Survivors In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fashola Met With Ebola Survivors In Lagos (414 Views)

Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Met With Ebola Survivors In Lagos by NigeriaJournal: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
The executive Governor of Lagos State, Governor Babatunde Fashola hosted Five Ebola survivors yesterday, September 18, 2014, in State house, Ikeja, Lagos, south-west region in Nigeria.
The survivors narrated their different ordeal from the widespread Ebola Virus Disease. The survivors viewed their liberation from this deadly virus as a miracle.
The survivors who were Dennis Akagha, the fiancé of late Justina Ejelonu, the pregnant 25-year-old nurse who worked at the First Consultant Hospital and died after making contact with Patrick Sawyer, Dr Fadipe Akinniyi, Dr. Ibeawuchi Morris, Dr. Adaora Igonoh and Kelechi Enemuo, wife of late Dr. Iyke Samuel Enemuo, who died in Port Harcourt after contracting the disease from Olu-Ibukun Koye, an ECOWAS official he treated secretly.
One of the Survivors, who identify himself as Dr. Igonoh said:
“It is a day of joy. I want to say that we are here today because of God. It was He that made us to survive. We are privileged to see this day and to be here with everybody, it is an honour. Thank you so much, Governor Fashola, we can’t thank you for everything.
Another survivor, Dennis Akagha said: “I really want to appreciate and commend everything you have done.”
The governor later ordered that a minute of silence to be observed in honour of those who lost their lives in the brawl against the deadly disease.
Fashola said:
“We sympathize with you for the trauma that you went through. Perhaps it was avoidable. But I am sure that hard lessons have been learned. Beyond that, I must congratulate you the survivors of the EVD. I felicitate with you and members of your family and friends. But most importantly, I thank you so much for coming forward because you took a great thing and you showed so much courage. And you have helped us to take the next step forward. And you have helped us to put an end to the spread of the EVD.”
The deadly Ebola virus has been curtailed in Nigeria through the ubiquitous awareness and the establishment of safety measures across the Federal Republic of Nigeria and these have help in abating the cases to 19, with 8 deaths in addition with the index case, Patrick Sawyer.

Source: [url][/url]http://nigeriajournal..com/

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Diet Plan On How To Help Add Weight / US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Liberian Patient With Ebola In Texas Has Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.