Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now (2060 Views)

Russia Gang Hacks 1.2 Billion Usernames And Passwords / Over 400,000 Yahoo Accounts Hacked And Passwords Leaked. / 55000 Twitter Accounts Hacked And Passwords Exposed On Pastebin (2) (3) (4)

5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by Sarahn: 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Gmail credentials leaked online? Oh my God! Again I have to change my password…!! Yes, you heard right. Millions of Gmail account credentials (email address and password) have been stolen and made publicly available through an online forum, causing a large number of users worldwide to change their Gmail password again.
The website that published the email addresses with matching passwords is Russian. The credentials seem to be old and likely sourced from multiple data breaches. It is believed that the leaked passwords are not necessarily those used to access Gmail accounts, but seem to have been gathered from other websites where users used their Gmail addresses to register.
WHERE TO FIND IT
The news broke when a user posted a link to the log-in credentials on Reddit frequented by hackers, professional and aspiring. But the archive file containing nearly 5 million Gmail addresses and plain text passwords was posted on Russian Bitcoin security forum https://forum.btcsec.com/index.php?/topic/9426-gmail-meniai-parol/ known as btcsec.com on Tuesday night by a user with the online alias “tvskit”, according to C News, a Russian news outlet.

The user who exposed Gmail users’ credentials said that almost 4.93 million accounts allegedly affected belong to English, Russian and Spanish users and claimed that over 60 percent of accounts are active.
This means, there is a silver lining in this leak, i.e., 40 percent of the passwords are invalid or out of date, which could be a good news for those Gmail users who have recently changed their passwords and are concerned about their account’s security – there’s a chance that they’re not at risk at all.
"We can't confirm that it is indeed as much as 60 percent, but a great amount of the leaked data is legitimate," said Peter Kruse, the chief technology officer of CSIS Security Group.

CHECK IF YOU ARE AFFECTED
A website called isleaked.com allows users to check if their email address is among those leaked. People who are concerned about the security of their account are advised to go ahead and change their password.

GOOGLE SAYS NO SECURITY BREACH
Google, on its part, believes that the usernames and passwords didn’t come from a security breach of its system. That means, the credentials had been stolen by phishing campaigns and unauthorized access to user accounts.

Source http://thehackernews.com/2014/09/5-million-gmail-username-password.html
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by joywendy(f): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
mr. Seun, mynd44. This is important. Home page asap! Thanks
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by sunnedee: 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sarahn:
The user who exposed Gmail users’ credentials said that almost 4.93 million accounts allegedly affected belong to [b]English, Russian and Spanish users [/b]and claimed that over 60 percent of accounts are active.

Them no go wan go for naija na... This one wey na job recruitment notice and Facebook notifications full people email for here.
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by OsoDupe(f): 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunnedee:

Them no go wan go for naija na... This one wey na job recruitment notice and Facebook notifications full people email for here.
abi o.
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by sunnedee: 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
OsoDupe: abi o.
Is that you on your profile? shocked
(Licks lips)
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
the ultimate phishing will happen when curious people use any of those links or visit the websites to verify....methinks
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by yungEX(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
chaii my own dey o
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by OsoDupe(f): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunnedee:
Is that you on your profile? shocked
(Licks lips)
yap
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by joywendy(f): 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunnedee:

did you read it well? English, russian and spanish users. What language is your email in? Is it not English??
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by sunnedee: 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
OsoDupe:
yap
Hmmm.. Care for a PM?
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by sunnedee: 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
joywendy: did you read it well? English, russian and spanish users. What language is your email in? Is it not English??

I think you should be the one to read it well... The keyword is "users".. tongue

Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hmmmmmmm
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by joywendy(f): 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunnedee:

I think you should be the one to read it well... The keyword is "users".. tongue
I don't get you. What difference does it make? English users. Nigeria falls under this category of english users.
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by sunnedee: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
joywendy: I don't get you. What difference does it make? English users. Nigeria falls under this category of english users.

If you no wan gree me.. I go gree you... (Gives joy wendy handsake).

Happy now?
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by chucky234(m): 8:35am On Sep 20, 2014
Just checked mine is safe.
Re: 5 Million Gmail Usernames And Passwords Leaked Online, Check Yours Now by chaloner(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2014
All is fake never u try to check anything , this is a way to get ur password.

Online Jersey Maker Wapka Code Shared Here For Wapka Codes / Futo Merit List Is Out For 2017/2018 / Canva Tutorials For Small Business Owners (graphic Design Course)