Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder (4775 Views)

LWKMD:- Davido Blast Nigerian MTV Base OAP, Ehiz (see What Happened) / Grammatical Error That May Ruin 9ICE Political Ambition / Davido Commits Grammatical Blunder On Instagram. [must See] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by falcon01: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
dapsoneh: I dint claim to be perfect, it's d man who brought david's matter here just to make a mess of him u shld direct ur anger to... By d way, nofn is wrong here, so, park well... grin
ok oga road safety

1 Like

Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol...truetalk
You know we like to copy the wrong things fast. In his mind now, he is a very badt guy...lol
hahaha yeah..that's right. people who often do that are just scatterbrained, but it's okay to cut them some slack if they truly admit it :-)
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by hausadreturn(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Fundamentally wrong?
In the long-run, no one is perfect in this English grammar...I'm only saying, looking at it from the 'AmE' perspective, he is right. It wouldn't come off as a surprise to us, owing to the fact that he has probably mixed up with a lot of them/too much American movies or rap songs...etc
also born there
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by haryomikun(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
A Black american will see this and ask what was wrong with the grammer
Then he'll J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ call on thunder †̥Φ fire the OP
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
looking4job: Hello Nairalanders,

Please save a brother.Save a soul. I'm frustrated and sinking in abject poverty. I need a job urgently and i will sincerely appreciate any form of help rendered to me concerning getting employed. I am open to any job now as i have no choice at the moment. Qualifications are B.Sc Econs (2nd class lower division), Microsoft share point 2010 configuration & Certified Ethical Hacker. If you are in position to help with any information, please don't disregard this. Kindly email me via lookingforjob247@gmail.com. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
You're a Hacker? smiley
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Missmossy(f): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hmmm it is well.
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Lailerh(f): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
3coins: first three posts.. .. EPIC!!! grin grin
exactly grin

1 Like

Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Jinyjagz(m): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I was about saying same...
Pls explain to me, is the problem 'wish we WAS there'?
If yes, I think he is correct by American english...
yeah..agreed
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
falcon01: you made a mistake too what is you yourself..

you are guilty too..where's your question mark?grin
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by luuvee(m): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
English master
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by nwaobitex: 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
looolll
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Rockvicie(m): 12:11am On Sep 21, 2014
dapsoneh: Even u urseff just made a mistake, ther is nothn like bein 'above mistake'.. The right word shld av been 'error free'.. angry
both are correct
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by Rockvicie(m): 12:14am On Sep 21, 2014
And Mr under informed@op he was trying to talk gangsterically... Even lilwayne in the released video of him messing with nicki minaj said "bam u jst done it" u wnt t tell me he doesn't knw hw to speak English? Hood English is diff frm the toosh one...Giit it?
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by dapsoneh: 1:09am On Sep 21, 2014
Rockvicie: both are correct
no, both ar not
Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by falcon01: 6:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Kizmarty:

grin
Kizmarty:

Re: Lwkmd... DAVIDO Drop The Ever Do.pest Grammatical Blunder by BWOH2D: 2:30am On Sep 22, 2014
Technically, what he spoke is correct in Black English. Which is a dialect/language that contains African sentence structure on top of English variant use.

The only people concerned with so called proper English are people who seek validation from Whites. There is no one way to speak English, as it is spoken differently everywhere.

If you haven't studied Black English or AAVE, you'll continue to display your ignorance.

For instance: You'll find that a common replacement amongst all Africans (whether in the diaspora or from the continent) of the *th* sound.

So, you'll have Black Jamaicans, Black Americans, Blacks from Africa etc say *dis* or *dat* or they'll say *fadda* for *father*

Learn more about something before trying to judge a situation you're not familiar with.

A few good books are:
Talkin' that Talk by Dr. Geneva Smitherman
Articulate While Black by Dr. Smitherman
African-American English: Structure, History and Use by Dr. John Rickford
Spoken Soul: The Story of Black English by Dr. Rickford

Lots of books and videos on this

If you can't get these books as of yet, you can start here:

http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/AAVE/worldscollide/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Couple Klled By Carbon Monoxide After Having Sex In Running Car / Top 10 Richest Nigerian Nollywood Actresses In 2015, Number 1 Is A Shocker! / feeling cool in this throw back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.