Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! (1309 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / Mzbel: 'I Don't Believe In Jesus Christ Anymore' / Are You A Christian If You Don't Believe Every Bible Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Sirniyeh(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
For 2,000 years Jews have rejected the Christian idea of Jesus as messiah. Why?

"Why don't Jews believe in Jesus?" Let's understand why ― not in order to disparage other religions, but rather to clarify the Jewish position.

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

*Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
*Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
*Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.

But first, some background: What exactly is the Messiah?

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)

1. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

2) Jesus Did Not Embody the Personal Qualifications of Messiah

A. Messiah as Prophet

The Messiah will become the greatest prophet in history, second only to Moses. (Targum - Isaiah 11:2; Maimonides - Yad Teshuva 9:2)

Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry, a situation which has not existed since 300 BCE. During the time of Ezra, when the majority of Jews remained in Babylon, prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets ― Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi.

Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended, and thus could not be a prophet.

B. Descendent of David

Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father ― and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David. (1)

According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

C. Torah Observance

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. For example, John 9:14 records that Jesus made a paste in violation of Shabbat, which caused the Pharisees to say (verse 16), "He does not observe Shabbat!"

3) Mistranslated Verses "Referring" to Jesus

Biblical verses can only be understood by studying the original Hebrew text ― which reveals many discrepancies in the Christian translation.

A. Virgin Birth

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

B. Suffering Servant

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant."

In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel"wink are regarded as one unit. Throughout Jewish scripture, Israel is repeatedly called, in the singular, the "Servant of God" (see Isaiah 43:cool. In fact, Isaiah states no less than 11 times in the chapters prior to 53 that the Servant of God is Israel.

When read correctly, Isaiah 53 clearly [and ironically] refers to the Jewish people being "bruised, crushed and as sheep brought to slaughter" at the hands of the nations of the world. These descriptions are used throughout Jewish scripture to graphically describe the suffering of the Jewish people (see Psalm 44).

Isaiah 53 concludes that when the Jewish people are redeemed, the nations will recognize and accept responsibility for the inordinate suffering and death of the Jews.

1 Like

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by falcon01: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
....Why christains dont believe in Muhammad (SAW)
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Let us not forget the final kicker.....the messiah must be proclaimed by Elijah.

1 Like

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by usermane(m): 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
So many inacuracies in your presentation. You are right, the Jews did not accept Jesus because he didn't meet their standard. The torah was not all the Jews invoked, there was the Talmud too which came with additional signs of the Messiah. Most especially, Jews expected a King to break them off the Roman dominance but were disheartened that Jesus was never concerned with revolt and Kingship.

It may sound impressive that you cited evidences from the present old testament but it really isn't. The present old testament is a mediocre translation of the masoteric texts. The masoteric texts isn't the original hebrew torah. The masoteric text was the Jewish response against the proselytism and polemics of the early Christians. The masoretic text did not even come untill after Muhammad. The Torah that Jesus preached from was the septuagint which is a greek translation of original torah.

1 Like

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Sirniyeh(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
usermane: So many inacuracies in your presentation. You are right, the Jews did not accept Jesus because he didn't meet their standard. The torah was not all the Jews invoked, there was the Talmud too which came with additional signs of the Messiah. Most especially, Jews expected a King to break them off the Roman dominance but were disheartened that Jesus was never concerned with revolt and Kingship.

It may sound impressive that you cited evidences from the present old testament but it really isn't. The present old testament is a mediocre translation of the masoteric texts. The masoteric texts isn't the original hebrew torah. The masoteric text was the Jewish response against the proselytism and polemics of the early Christians. The masoretic text did not even come untill after Muhammad. The Torah that Jesus preached from was the septuagint which is a greek translation of original torah.

Very comprehensive
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by macof(m): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Very educative.

Mods this deserves front page

1 Like

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by malvisguy212: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
@sirniyeh. all what you wrote are the idea of men.

The reason why jews dont accept jesus is..........the prophecy say the messiah will be of the root of david, and the messiah will be king of kings,prince of princes,PROPHET ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE KING, kings fight war but prophet dont fight war,from david goes down, most of them fight war for isreal, so the jew expect the messiah to carry on the tradition of fighting BUT JESUS DID NOT FIGHT WAR, on many occation jesus advice us not to hide our treassure were thives broke in(the world) but to lay it were non can broke in(heaven) so when bible say he is the king of kings it mean RULE IN HEAVEN.

Amoung all the disciples of jesus, only peter know who jesus realy is, the rest of them are just following him because if jesus is made king they will be reward, WHEN THE MOTHER OF JAMES ASK JESUS TO MAKE HER SON AND HIS BROTHER SEAT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF HIM(JESUS) THE REST DISCIPLES BECAME MORMOURING. They know what the want,it was after the death of jesus that there understanding was open.now read acts1:6-8

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the KINGDOM to ISREAL?” 7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in
Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the EARTH”

GOD SCATTER ISREAL TO REACH OUT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD,SO THAT MANKIND WILL HAVE NO EXCUSS OF THE GOSPEL.

Keep on clearin the way for the man of sin, without you, the prophecy wont come to pass.
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by malvisguy212: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
macof: Very educative.

there is somthing common between you and allah, you both hate the jews. Why?
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Sirniyeh(m): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2014
malvisguy212: @sirniyeh. all what you wrote are the idea of men.

The reason why jews dont accept jesus is..........the prophecy say the messiah will be of the root of david, and the messiah will be king of kings,prince of princes,PROPHET ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE KING, kings fight war but prophet dont fight war,from david goes down, most of them fight war for isreal, so the jew expect the messiah to carry on the tradition of fighting BUT JESUS DID NOT FIGHT WAR, on many occation jesus advice us not to hide our treassure were thives broke in(the world) but to lay it were non can broke in(heaven) so when bible say he is the king of kings it mean RULE IN HEAVEN.

Amoung all the disciples of jesus, only peter know who jesus realy is, the rest of them are just following him because if jesus is made king they will be reward, WHEN THE MOTHER OF JAMES ASK JESUS TO MAKE HER SON AND HIS BROTHER SEAT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF HIM(JESUS) THE REST DISCIPLES BECAME MORMOURING. They know what the want,it was after the death of jesus that there understanding was open.now read acts1:6-8

6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the KINGDOM to ISREAL?” 7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in
Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the EARTH”

GOD SCATTER ISREAL TO REACH OUT TO THE REST OF THE WORLD,SO THAT MANKIND WILL HAVE NO EXCUSS OF THE GOSPEL.

Keep on clearin the way for the man of sin, without you, the prophecy wont come to pass.
I dont need to argue with you unnecessarily. Read the article again and again, it clers itself and thats the real fact about the scenerio. Jesus is not Messiah of Isreal, though may be messiah of your own. Think right

1 Like

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by malvisguy212: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2014
Sirniyeh:
I dont need to argue with you unnecessarily. Read the article again and again, it clers itself and thats the real fact about the scenerio. Jesus is not Messiah of Isreal, though may be messiah of your own. Think right
you cant ague with me because you have nothing to say, the way the jews think that is how you think,are you a jew? All what i wrote is in the bible, i did not add or remove anyting.messiah mean savior, ask your self this,save from who?which other prophet merit to be called the messiah? As long as God is concern,the prophethood has ended apart from jesus, anyone that called himself the messiah is a fals prophet.let me tell you this"God said he will scatter isreal, and the reason is to reach out to the rest of the world which he did" for 1900 years there is no nation of isreal, but 1948 the scatter isreal became a nation,the gospel has been preach ro all nation, you have no excuss when you die,all the enemy of isreal in those days has not been preserve but today there is isreal,they have been preserve and they are about to live in they lord sight.

I know were you copy ant cut this aticle,keep on the good work,clear the road for the man of sin.JESUS IS MORE THAN MY MESSIAH, HE IS MY EVERYTHING, EVEN WHEN THE WORLD REJECT HIM, STILL, I SAID STILL I WILL HORNOR AND WORSHIP HIM, I HAVE SEEN HIM TWO TIMES, HE HOLD MY HANDS CALLED ME HIS SON TOLD ME TO HOLD ON TO WHAT I GOT.HE WILL COME VERY SOON.
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Sirniyeh(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2014
malvisguy212: you cant ague with me because you have nothing to say, the way the jews think that is how you think,are you a jew? All what i wrote is in the bible, i did not add or remove anyting.messiah mean savior, ask your self this,save from who?which other prophet merit to be called the messiah? As long as God is concern,the prophethood has ended apart from jesus, anyone that called himself the messiah is a fals prophet.let me tell you this"God said he will scatter isreal, and the reason is to reach out to the rest of the world which he did" for 1900 years there is no nation of isreal, but 1948 the scatter isreal became a nation,the gospel has been preach ro all nation, you have no excuss when you die,all the enemy of isreal in those days has not been preserve but today there is isreal,they have been preserve and they are about to live in they lord sight.

I know were you copy ant cut this aticle,keep on the good work,clear the road for the man of sin.JESUS IS MORE THAN MY MESSIAH, HE IS MY EVERYTHING, EVEN WHEN THE WORLD REJECT HIM, STILL, I SAID STILL I WILL HORNOR AND WORSHIP HIM, I HAVE SEEN HIM TWO TIMES, HE HOLD MY HANDS CALLED ME HIS SON TOLD ME TO HOLD ON TO WHAT I GOT.HE WILL COME VERY SOON.

Now, what is the SIN of those who don't believe in Jesus at all?
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by malvisguy212: 9:13am On Sep 21, 2014
Sirniyeh:

Now, what is the SIN of those who don't believe in Jesus at all?
from the begining, satan descive man, and man fall,God created you in his image and likeness, he breath his breath in you, but satan currupted it, God will not live it unturn,so he give us a way through jesus christ,God spirit is in jesus christ, read isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to
bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the
opening of the prison to them that are bound;

luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,

so you need to believe in jesus christ to purified that breath God breath in you. It is a choice, you believe or you pass by.PEOPLE THAT DONT CONFESS JESUS MEAN THERE SOUL IS STILL CURRUPTED.
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Sirniyeh(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2014
malvisguy212: from the begining, satan descive man, and man fall,God created you in his image and likeness, he breath his breath in you, but satan currupted it, God will not live it unturn,so he give us a way through jesus christ,God spirit is in jesus christ, read isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to
bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the
opening of the prison to them that are bound;

luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,

so you need to believe in jesus christ to purified that breath God breath in you. It is a choice, you believe or you pass by.PEOPLE THAT DONT CONFESS JESUS MEAN THERE SOUL IS STILL CURRUPTED.

trash, a self deception
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by malvisguy212: 9:20am On Sep 21, 2014
Sirniyeh:

trash, a self deception
like i said, it a choice, you believe in jesus or you pass by.

Thank you for your time, my one or two post will keep the elect save from your thread.
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2014
macof: Very educative.

grin grin grin u see davido inside am ni?
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by SEYIKP(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
THINGS OF THE SPIRIT ARE FOOLISH TO THE CARNAL MINDED PEOPLE. AS LONG HAS JESUS HAS SHOWN HIMSELF TO ME ON BILLIONS OCCASIONS HAS MESSIAH. JEWS CAN REMAIN IGNORANT, AND BE WAITING FOR THEIR OWN UNREAL MESSIAH. JEWS ARE THE MOST PRINCIPLE PEOPLE ON EARTH. THANK GOD FOR CLOUDING THEIR REASONING, IF HE HADN'T, THEY WOULD HAD MONOPOLISE EVERYTHING. AND GOSPEL WOULDN'T HAD GOT TO THIS PART OF THE WORLD AND GENTILES WOULD HAVE BEEN HOPELESS.
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Sirniyeh(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
SEYIKP: THINGS OF THE SPIRIT ARE FOOLISH TO THE CARNAL MINDED PEOPLE. AS LONG HAS JESUS HAS SHOWN HIMSELF TO ME ON BILLIONS OCCASIONS HAS MESSIAH.

wow, so jesus has visited you 1million occassion?
What did he visit you for, only you for 1M times?
Can you provide proof or go and hug transformer
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by macof(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
SEYIKP: THINGS OF THE SPIRIT ARE FOOLISH TO THE CARNAL MINDED PEOPLE. AS LONG HAS JESUS HAS SHOWN HIMSELF TO ME ON BILLIONS OCCASIONS HAS MESSIAH. JEWS CAN REMAIN IGNORANT, AND BE WAITING FOR THEIR OWN UNREAL MESSIAH. JEWS ARE THE MOST PRINCIPLE PEOPLE ON EARTH. THANK GOD FOR CLOUDING THEIR REASONING, IF HE HADN'T, THEY WOULD HAD MONOPOLISE EVERYTHING. AND GOSPEL WOULDN'T HAD GOT TO THIS PART OF THE WORLD AND GENTILES WOULD HAVE BEEN HOPELESS.

As a spiritualist I can tell you things of the spirit can only me attained through the mind- which is a product of our consciousness.

my ancestors weren't hopeless, We Africans gave hope to the world at one time, the ancestors of the Greeks, Persians, Arabs etc. relied on us.

Jesus has appeared to you abi? wat does he look like? Describe his appearance, wat height? Long hair or short? Skin complexion

1 Like

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by SEYIKP(m): 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sirniyeh:

wow, so jesus has visited you 1million occassion?
What did he visit you for, only you for 1M times?
Can you provide proof or go and hug transformer
YEA COUNTLESS TIME. THE INNER PEACE THAT I ENJOY EVEN IN TURBULENT TIME CAN ONLY BE GIVEN BY MESSIAH. CURSES AND SPELL DAT HAD BEEN VOID OVER MY LIFE CAN ONLY HAPPENED BY THE POWER OF MESSIAH. D HOPE & ASSURANCE DAT I HAVE TODAY ONLY COME THROUGH D POWER OF JESUS. THANK JEHOVAH FOR SENDING JESUS TO REDEEM ME.
Re: Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! by Eberex(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
ISAIAH 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD

(1) (Reply)

Sermon That Touches The Heart: This Egyptian You See Today / Bible Study: God’s Power In Action / What God Is Saying About Tasha Cobbs Ft Nicki Monaj Collaboration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.