Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

How Nigerian Musicians Make Their Millions – Jason Njoku - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nigerian Musicians Make Their Millions – Jason Njoku (755 Views)

10 Ordinary People Who Made Their Millions Fron Youtube / How Forex Brokers Make Their Money / How Do Banks Make Their Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerian Musicians Make Their Millions – Jason Njoku by enterprise54: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2014

Last week I was at the residence of the British Deputy High Commission in Ikoyi. Entrepreneur Country held a lovely dinner and round table event to promote the digital economy in Nigeria. To say titans were at the table is an understatement. Although I can’t name the folk who where there, leaders from banking to telecoms to private equity to tech giants were represented. Although I came late (big product push due soon) the small ~20 group didn’t hold it against me (I think). As usual, I was the youngest person in the room. I don’t usually attend these things but I was intrigued. It’s not every day you get to dine with the Deputy High Commissioner.

There was the usual chorus of ‘Nigerians are so entrepreneurial’, ‘our future is technology’, ‘the future is the youth’, ‘the next big tech company can come from Nigeria’ – blah blah blah. I found a few kindred spirits but largely disagreed with ALL their other assertions. Why?

Nigerian technology is starving. And the boys are not happy.

There is no innovation without capital. Yes, you can create some nifty technology at a small scale. But try creating that into a company without capital. In the West, it’s tough. In Nigeria it’s nigh on impossible. It just doesn’t really happen. Yes there are examples. Outliners. But the internet industries we see today globally from Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Netflix, Tencent, Alibaba, Rakuten et al were built up over many years with cold hard cash. Bucket loads of the stuff. Billions of dollars of ventured capital. Same in the US. Same in India. Same in Russia. Same in China. Same story. Different language. I don’t understand why people think it will be any different in Africa. History is a great teacher. Africa – let’s begin to learn.

Click link to continue http://enterprise54.com/how-nigerian-musicians-make-their-millions-jason-njoku/
Re: How Nigerian Musicians Make Their Millions – Jason Njoku by otipoju(m): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2014
How is your topic related to the contents of your post?.... I no know wetin dey worry some of una for this nairaland sef.

After deceiving me to open the thread , you now say i should read the rest on one blog that you author

You lack basic integrity and i would never wish to read whatever nonsense you have written there.

Integrity is core to whatever you want to do in life.Let that sink into your head.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Avoid The 10 Most Common Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make / Uba Africard On U-mobile App Transaction Failed / The Almost Sure Way Of Wining A Bet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.