Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. (28038 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Emir Sanusi Spotted At London Polo Club (photo) / Emir Sanusi And Daughter In England (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2014
texazzpete:

What does visiting the Oba of Lagos instead of the Ooni of Ife have to do with someone being a 'religious bigot'?

The only thing I see being 'desecrated' here is the money your parents spent in educating you. You certainly turned out to be a half-wit.

Hahahaha. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by ooshinibos: 10:42am On Sep 22, 2014
RockMaxi:

Stop deceiving yourself. grin grin grin. Be warned! This is Nigeria.

whats so special about nigeria
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2014
Does sanusi move around with his stool?.
Y is d stool sanusi is seated finer than that of his host.
Its made of gold while that of his host is made from an over sprayed wood. Nawa o.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Inik(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2014
No biggie, the emir of Kano and the Oba of Lagos are both Apc chieftains.
I still have this feeling that Sanusi should have stayed back in the corporate world, he would have contributed greatly to national political discourse as an intellectual opinion leader. Being an emir wouldn't afford him the opportunity to bare his mind on national issues and government policies.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Konquest: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2014
Rawani:

Why is Jonathan looking like a palace boy in that pic? Even Sambo looks more regal. Their royal highness's look absolutely fabulous. This is a continuation of an enduring friendship and alliance.

Long live the Kano Emirate.
Long live the Lagos Empire.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

@Rawani

That part of your comment/post about GEJ looking like a palace boy in the picture was
very hillarious!
grin

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2014
KIRIJI: Dont mind that stup1d f00l

the 1diot is an ibo and you know ibos had no established monarchy before the coming of European missionaries into iboland.

It was the british colonialist that appointed warrant chiefs for the ibos. Ibos had no king and no known empire before the white men came. Iboland was utterly disorganised and 'leaderless'

They are still disorganized and leaderless. The present semblance of leadership(in Obi system) is because of Nigerian state.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by In2systemsTech(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2014
OBA wearing dark shades indoors...

Its none of my business

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2014
snowprince07: grin some people ehn why is he a looser??
dnt mind him jare
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Konquest: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2014
In2systemsTech: OBA wearing dark shades indoors...
Its none of my business

@In2SystemsTech

His Majesty, The Oba of Lagos once said in an interview that I read in
a newspaper that he has an eye challenge - that is why he wears dark glasses
probably to prevent against the glare from light sources...

No no be for posing oo.... wink

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by 2prexios: 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
kristisking: Hausas deceiving yorubas since time immemorial

kukute o mira,
eni mi kukute,
Ara e lo mi.

www.nigeria-wealth..com

You cannot deceive the Yoruba,
But you can only deceive yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by focus7: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Dis emir in d second pix looks like a modernised masquerade.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by ZUBY77(m): 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rawani:

Why is Jonathan looking like a palace boy in that pic? Even Sambo looks more regal. Their royal highness's look absolutely fabulous. This is a continuation of an enduring friendship and alliance.

Who cares what he looks like. He is the boss irrespective of what your demented brain conjure to give you a hatred output.

He has the power to dethrone any of them but they don't.

It's called portfolio not looks.

Cameron looks this way when he goes to see the Queen but guess who invaded Libya or Iraq.

He was elected by us but we don't give a shiiitt about the other two who were imposed on us by a million year old useless tradition.

Who is the king of Paris?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by darne(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sarakuna da sarauta cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by scantee(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Old fashioned men deceiving themselves since 1805 of mongo park reign....abeg no time for this traditional stunts, we are in technology age.

Sanusi amu Oba ikpu.....if you quote me Adam Oshi will quote you.
if you like my post Stella Odua will the needful in ur life.

GEJ till ma dad became the UN SECRETARY.

please don't take it personal oooooo this is just a forum.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by abdulwastecx(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rawani:

some Nigga post... I wonder if these nigga breath with all this rag in the head
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by abdulwastecx(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
2prexios:

kukute o mira,
eni mi kukute,
Ara e lo mi.

www.nigeria-wealth..com

You cannot deceive the Yoruba,
But you can only deceive yourself.

I am a yoruba but hate all this stupid traditions...I just want to live in a country where people think like south Koreans
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by agabusta: 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Stanleyelege: Does sanusi move around with his stool?.
Y is d stool sanusi is seated finer than that of his host.
Its made of gold while that of his host is made from an over sprayed wood. Nawa o.

The stool was provided by the host. If you look at the stool properly, you'll see that it bears encomiums of a Yoruba Oba written in Yoruba language.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I am a yoruba but hate all this stupid traditions...I just want to live in a country where people think like south Koreans

What's it about the South Koreans?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by LADIbaba(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Just wondering... why is the Oba of Lagos is always wearing the darkest shade of glasses (I mean darker than Abacha's) ...abi is.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by texazzpete(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
kuntash:

Bros what sort of kingdom is that please?...... royalty embedded with politicking ? .......

Genuine kingship shouldn't be associated with any form of politics even if the royal person due for the throne is a baby or slowpoke, they would wait and make sure his offspring is due for that position..

please think about it, from my records I studied 19 states in Nigeria while in school, and our social studies thought as that too

Lol what do you know of 'genuine kingship'?
When medieval European leaders were forming allegiances with the Popes or by marriage, what do you call that?
The Kano Governor has a major say in who becomes Emir of Kano. If you intend to occupy that position, you need to be in accord with the Governor. Nobody said it was illegal.

Since Sanusi took the throne, I've been hearing loads of inane comments on him pursuing partisan politics. Yet since he became Emir, he is yet to say anything overtly political or throw his lot in with any party. I wish you people would leave him alone and focus on others more deserving of your ire.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by texazzpete(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
ZUBY77:

Who cares what he looks like. He is the boss irrespective of what your demented brain conjure to give you a hatred output.

Cameron looks this way when he goes to see the Queen but guess who invaders Libya or Iraq.

He was elected by us but we don't give a shiiitt about the other two who were imposed on us by a million year old useless tradition.

You do realize you can defend your master without trying to put down the traditional rulers?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by manck2: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by Consultville(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
APC Arrangement noni
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by musiwa95: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/460096_segun12_jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d
[size=18pt]His Royal Highness

D Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

Why would you call it Empire of lagos.. There is nothing call Empire of lagos. Oba or Obale ,they are representative of Emperor

The hierarchy of Ranking is

1. Emperor
2. Oba
3. bale

The word Oba or Obale, means the representative of the emperor.

That is just a some list of Oba in lagos.. Lagos was under Western Nigeria. Lagos state is different from Lagos island. There is also lagos mainland. Lagos Island is divided into 2. Lagos colony was just 1sq km.. the other part were part of Western Nigeria. And the 1 sq km call lagos colony was return back to Western Nigeria in 1937. Even while it was return back to Western Nigeria. Britain still control it. that why you see video. but the land its self was own by Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria. it is just 1sq km, the 1sq km was were the federal court is, that why you see it in the video. because Nigeria and lagos colony 1sqkm. a small piece of land were two different thing. Western Nigeria was not part of it. But the land of the 1sq km was call lagos colony. Just abit bigger than 3 football pitch was call lagos colony.
Western Nigeria house and Western house are not part of lagos colony.

Tiny square was lagos colony, which was return back to Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria in 1937 under agreement, please see document later, but britian still control it . This is why I want them to remove the name tafawa balewa square and replace it back to the Old name King George V. I dont hate tafawa balewa, but I do not want that history to be erase because It has something very very very important to my family and My own life. Of the history of lagos and Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria .

Without changing the name of the tafawa balewa square back to Old name King George V, History of the Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria will be lost. I cant tell you online why.

why they move the capital of Nigeria to abuja. because 1sqkm can not be a capital because the Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria wanted to separate itself from the country of Nigeria. because people have become confuse.

So Jonathan Goodluck have no business visiting Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria under international law or visiting lagos. only as a guest, not for rally. because Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria has an Emperor. because it is a lagos that have been return back to Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria in 1937.

for many year nigeria have tried to mislead people by showing picture of visit of delegeta to the north or visit of Northern leaders to our place. It is like Obama coming to visit Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria .

The greedy of Northern leaders of the past. made them claim or try to intergrate the two country claiming it was one country. because of oil revenue because some ethnic group in the Nigeria have issue with fulani/hausa people. so when this ethnic group came to power they started twitting the story to make it look like one country , instead of two countries.

list of Obas in lagos state.

Oba of Ikorodu
Oba of Lagos (lagos colony)
Olu of Ikeja
Oba S. A. A. Oyefusi
Ayangburen of Ikorodu
Oba A. O. Adesanya
oba of Ilara
Elegushi of Ikateland
Ojomu of Ajiranland
Oba Abiodun Idowu Oniru
Oniru of Iruland
Oloto of Otto and Mainland
Onikoyi of Lagos
Olorogun-Adodo of Lagos
Olumegbon of Lagos
Aromire Onile of Lagos
Eletu-Odibo of Lagos.
Olu Agege of Agege
Onigando of Igando
Ojon of Ejigbo
Olu of Mushin
Oba of Somolu
Oba of Egbeda
Oba of Isheri-Olofin
Oba of Oworonshoki
Oba of Odi-Olowo
Oloja of Epe
Aladegunshebi of Odoragunshen
Elejinrin of Ejinrin
Onibeju of Ibeju
Onise of Ise
Orijeru of Igbooye
Olu of Epe
Onigbanko of Igbankoland
Olojo of Ojo
Alabirun of Ikaare
Onilado of Ilado and Inagbe Island
Onijanikin of Ijanikin
Ofori of Ibeshe [Vacant]
Oba of Ibereko
Osolu of Irewe
Adeboruwa of Igbogbo
Alajede of Ijede
Ranodu of Imota
Oba of Ipakodo [Vacant]
Oba of Egbin
Olubeshe of Ibeshe

Why is Emperor Ademusiwa the Emperor of Western Nigeria. every Oba in Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria is only a representative of the Emperor. Occupation of Independent country of kingdom of Western Nigeria is why we change our name from Ademusiwa to musiwa for security reason. because occupation is illegal. And for 50 years we could not fight the issue because the north will not let go of power..

even the oba of lagos does not know his history.

Many nigeria dont get it. It is two separate country.

I know it is hard for you to believe why, would I who look younger than all of them be the Emperor, It is just the culture of the people. It has nothing to do with my age. My family install the oba of lagos, oolu of Ibadan , alafin of oyo, ooni of ile ife, oba of benin etc for century.

that why you see me answer question online..

You can look at my name...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by OlaoChi: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Seems "Hausa" are actually more intelligent than the "yorubas"...in politics

True, the northern politicians practically control Nigeria
The Yorubas come second but act as subordinates
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by OlaoChi: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
teekay12:
He was in Lagos for the celebration of King's College 105th anniversary. He's an old boy and also very involved with the old boys' association.

Kings college might be the school which has produced the most prominent Nigerians

Oba Akenzua, and one previous deji akure from Adesida family also attended the college, truly a college for Kings grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by OlaoChi: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Inik: No biggie, the emir of Kano and the Oba of Lagos are both Apc chieftains.
I still have this feeling that Sanusi should have stayed back in the corporate world, he would have contributed greatly to national political discourse as an intellectual opinion leader. Being an emir wouldn't afford him the opportunity to bare his mind on national issues and government policies.

He would have all the authority to national issues and government policies in Arewa nation
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by OlaoChi: 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
ZUBY77:

Cameron looks this way when he goes to see the Queen but guess who invaded Libya or Iraq.

you should tell this to England, they should dispose of their million year old useless tradition. Disgrace Queen Elizabeth out of power to please you

When UK does that Nigeria would follow
Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by OlaoChi: 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
abdulwastecx:

South Koreans you mentioned are highly traditional and cultural, all east Asian countries are very proud of their traditions and have never let go

So be proud of your traditions, if we had more pride in our identity as Africans we would have gone far in world relevance

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by ZUBY77(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
OlaoChi:

you should tell this to England, they should dispose of their million year old useless tradition. Disgrace Queen Elizabeth out of power to please you

When UK does that Nigeria would follow

I also hope you should learn other things from Britain such as good roads, working economy, etc. Not just a bunch of old men eating government funds in the name of monarch

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. by ayinba1(f): 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
OlaoChi:

True, the northern politicians practically control Nigeria
The Yorubas come second but act as subordinates

In spite of you and your type, it is still very okay for some Nigerian groups to be tolerant and respectful of each other. It is a beautiful thing to see the courtesy between Kano Royalty and Lagos Royalty. Peace is in deed possible and desirable.
Why do you keep agitating for the opposite? We are in this country together and can choose to make the best of it. Try to see some good in peaceful friendly news.

I am Yoruba and your statement does not hold true for me and my people. We are Nigerians and you can be one too if you choose. smiley And no insult received from your statement too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yusuf Lawal: Katsina Emirate Sacks Kankara District Head For Sponsoring Bandits / Kneel Down And Feed Your Husband? / Re: Ndi Igbo, "Good Morning" Is Not "Ututu Oma"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.