Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths (4784 Views)

SEE All The Celebs At Toyin Aimakhu's Wedding + Wedding Cake (photo) / SEE What The Celebs Wore To The Ebony Life TV Launch (photos) / Metamophorsis Of The Celebs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:17am On Sep 21, 2014
Part of the legacy of artists like Tupac Shakur and Big L is how they chillingly and almost accurately predicted their own demise. Death isn’t too far from some of these artists with their inner city beginnings, but when it caught them, the aftermath left fans shocked despite their premonitions. Check out Rappers Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Death.

Tupac Shakur

Lyrics: “I been shot and murdered, can tell you how it happened word for word /
But best believe n—-s gon’ get what they deserve,” raps Tupac on Richie Rich’s ‘N—-s Done Changed.’This song was released two months before Tupac Shakur was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on that Las Vegas strip in 1996. His murder is still unsolved.

By his last album, ‘The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory,’ Shakur went by the name Makaveli, a reference to the famed Italian philosopher who advocated faking one’s own death, which some fans believe Pac did.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 21, 2014
John Lennon
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:19am On Sep 21, 2014
Notorious BIG

Lyrics: “I swear to God I feel like death is f—ing calling me,” raps the Notorious B.I.G. on ‘Suicidal Thoughts.’

Biggie Smalls has always told tales of excess with a distinctive frankness that was sometimes tongue-in-cheek. Death was still at the underbelly of most of his work though.His debut album, ‘Ready to Die,’ featured many songs that touched on death — ‘Big Poppa,’ ‘Juicy,’ the self-titled track and the album-closing ‘Suicidal Thoughts.’ The latter was particularly eerie considering the way his life story happened.

Of course the Brooklyn, N.Y.-bred MC didn’t commit suicide, but death did find him when he was killed during a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles in 1997. His posthumous album title: ‘Life After Death.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:20am On Sep 21, 2014
Proof

Lyrics: “I’m in the club to beef, you gotta murder me there,” raps Proof on ’40 Oz.’

The crazy part about these lyrics from D12‘s ’40 Oz.’ is how they’re an accurate representation of how Proof passed away. There isn’t a definitive account of what exactly happened at that billiards table at the CCC Club on 8 Mile Rd., on April 11, 2006, but what’s known is the situation escalated between the intoxicated rapper (whose blood alcohol content read .32 at the autopsy — three times the legal limit) and Keith Bender.

Bouncer Mario Etheridge, Bender’s cousin, fired a warning shot into the air to stop the fight. Proof apparently fired shots in retaliation, killing Bender. He died from two shots in his back and another one to the back of his head.

The tragedy was also foretold in Eminem’s ‘Like Toy Soldiers’ video — a song that warned against the kind of activity that actually killed Em’s best friend. Proof played the rapper who’s gunned down in the video.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:21am On Sep 21, 2014
Big L

Lyrics: “I watched all of them, run for they share / And all I can do was stare / I got weak and fell on my rear / Now I can hear the sirens, that means here comes the Jakes / But it’s too late, I’m knockin’ on the pearly gates,” raps Big L on ‘Casualties of a Dice Game.’

Big L’s murder was related to conflict, albeit it’s not the type rapped about on this track, ‘Casualties of a Dice Game,’ off his posthumous LP, ‘The Big Picture’ — the lyrics detail a dice game that ends in his death.

The NYPD believed the Harlem rapper was shot to death in response to something one of his two brothers did (they were in prison at the time).

The rapper is considered a legend, but had his life cut short at 24, when he was murdered in a 1999 drive-by shooting.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:22am On Sep 21, 2014
Dolla

Lyrics: “You see the rain on my window pane / Waking up in cold sweats having dreams of going out with a bang / My poppa died by the gun, I’ll die by the gun / And if I ever have a son he’ll probably die by the same,” raps Dolla on ‘Georgia Nights.’

Dolla, born Roderick Anthony Burton II, was a promising act out of Decatur, Ga., who unfortunately never got to live to see his first album released. The lyrics from ’Georgia Nights’ stand out because they were tragically autobiographical.

The story is that Atlanta event promoter Aubrey Berry was assaulted by Dolla and his affiliates — who were part of the Mansfield Crips — in an Atlanta nightclub. Later that month, they taunted Berry at a PF Changs restaurant in Los Angeles before following him to his car. Berry then shot Dolla four times with a 9mm in self-defense, killing him. He was 21 when he died.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Jimi Hendrixx

Two years before he released his groundbreaking debut album ‘Are You Experienced,’ Jimi Hendrix recorded a self-mythologizing song called ‘The Ballad of Jimi’ that not only elevated the subject of the song (some dude named Jimi) to a sort of heroic status, it also predicted his death.

The slow, bluesy cut — which Hendrix recorded with R&B artist Curtis Knight — never showed up on an album, but fans are more than aware of it, especially since the song is “dedicated to the memory of . . .  Jimi.” Lines like ”Many things he would try / For he knew soon he’d die,” ”Now Jimi’s gone, he’s not alone / His memory still lives on” and ”Five years, this he said / He’s not gone, he’s just dead” weirdly predict the legend’s death and legacy five years later.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:24am On Sep 21, 2014
John Lennon

John Lennon famously retired from the shackles of fame and the music business in 1975, walking away from his myth and legend to take care of his baby son. Five years later, he returned to the studio to lay down a whole bunch of songs that would result in the ‘Double Fantasy’ album.

Lennon was so prolific during this period that many of the songs were left unfinished. Following his tragic death on Dec. 8, 1980, the leftover material eventually found its way on posthumous albums. ‘Borrowed Time,’ inspired by a harrowing sailing trip, includes the line ”Living on borrowed time without a thought for tomorrow” and was reportedly the first song recorded after Lennon resumed his career. It ended up on 1984′s ‘Milk and Honey‘ LP, where its lyrics seemed eerily, and sadly, prescient.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by OduntanGabriel(m): 2:25am On Sep 21, 2014
Lynrd Skynrd

There are so many bizarre things going on with Lynyrd Skynyrd‘s ‘Street Survivors‘ album that we get all weirded out just thinking about them. First, there’s the cover of the 1977 LP, which features the band engulfed in flames. Knowing what comes next — three days after the album’s release, the band’s plane went down, killing frontman Ronnie Van Zant and others — is enough to freak out even people who aren’t freaked out by these kinds of things.

And then there’s the words to ‘That Smell,’ one of the album’s most popular songs: ”Say you’ll be alright come tomorrow, but tomorrow might not be here for you,” “Angel of darkness upon you,” ”The smell of death surrounds you.” It may have been written as a cautionary drug tune, but following the events of Oct. 20, 1977, ‘That Smell’ takes on a whole new, and creepily prescient, meaning.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Lucario007(m): 2:56am On Sep 21, 2014
interesting... the power of the human tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by dytbabe: 3:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Shotitan ni
Da'grin nko

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by bunmioguns(m): 4:14am On Sep 21, 2014
Jim Reeves

this world is not my own
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by purplesummer(f): 4:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Dagrin
"...if I die, make you no cry for me, ejensimi ..."

1 Like

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by WINDSOW(m): 5:44am On Sep 21, 2014
FELA nko?
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Sepp360(m): 6:04am On Sep 21, 2014
When death calls, as it usually does, you will hear him, but refuse to answer.

They heard death calling, his voice was so loud dat they couldn't ignore his calls... R.i.p all of 'em.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by qadeerkug(m): 6:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Sepp360: When death calls, as it usually does, you will hear him, but refuse to answer.

They heard death calling, his voice was so loud dat they couldn't ignore his calls... R.i.p all of 'em.
bro death comes silently e cnt invited u wen it coming"""dnt let dat u blievs burst u down
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Sepp360(m): 6:16am On Sep 21, 2014
qadeerkug: bro death comes silently e cnt invited u wen it coming"""dnt let dat u blievs burst u down
what i believe in can never delude me, infact i'm still alive quoting ur post because i've heard death calling but i refused to answer.

Though sometyms, his voice doesn't sound so loud.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by qadeerkug(m): 6:38am On Sep 21, 2014
Sepp360: what i believe in can never delude me, infact i'm still alive quoting ur post because i've heard death calling but i refused to answer.

hey go get ursef treated bfor u wide off,i knw u Christians have alot faith on wat can nevr happend,,,bro u better get on d way or dat bliev will lead u to hell
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by joudini(m): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2014
l don't respect niggas who snitch on theyselves.

Sorry Nigga I'm Tryna Come Home.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by joudini(m): 7:13am On Sep 21, 2014
Sepp360: what i believe in can never delude me, infact i'm still alive quoting ur post because i've heard death calling but i refused to answer.

Are you predicting your death too? Seek help dude. We don't want none of that.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Sepp360(m): 7:28am On Sep 21, 2014
joudini:

Are you predicting your death too? Seek help dude. We don't want none of that.
lolz!...
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by marieolae(f): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2014
The tongue can kill

1 Like

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by ayukdaboss(m): 7:34am On Sep 21, 2014
purplesummer: Dagrin
"...if I die, make you no cry for me, ejensimi ..."
I'm surprised he didn't mention that.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by simdam500(m): 8:17am On Sep 21, 2014
ayukdaboss:
I'm surprised he didn't mention that.
oh really? You probably wrote the lyrics...
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2014
Death is the only way everybody must pass through!

I hate to die.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Until you accept death in its entirety as a part of life, you wont live your life to its fullest.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Jinyjagz(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
all of dem Na rappers.....most rappers Ar thug
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by missdebs(f): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2014
simple conincidence....dese artist say anythn to sell
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Janeify(f): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2014
Every sane human thinks about death(hope i'm right)owning to the fact that the air we breath now is not ours.
Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by Igwe2nero(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
der way of life justifies der mode of death.me think dat d day u choose ur way of life is d day u choose d way u die eg soldiers die in combat,commercial drivers die in road mishaps,medical practictioners die of lab accidental infectns,thugs abi rappers too can die in clubs or streets.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Celebs Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Deaths by donwilly3: 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dey saw death lurkin nd dey didnt change.RIP TO DEM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Electrocuted And Dies After She Fell Asleep While Charging Her Phone..sad P / Female Student Expelled From School After Leaking Her Own Bad Photos Online / Maheda Releases New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.