Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God (1956 Views)

Difference Between Going To Church And Worshipping God / The Catholic Easter Vigil Mass "Exsultet": Worshipping God or Satan? / Picture Of A Woman Worshipping God Without Hands And Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by finofaya: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
@valmunich

Religion encompasses more than the Christian God so you can try other alternatives to see if they are more appealing.

You attributed your nonchalance to the Christian faith to the way it was taught to you. That may be correct, but since not everybody in your class/school shares your sentiment, it is also possible that it is not the way it was taught to you that is your problem, rather your problem could be that the Christian faith does not sit well with you.

I think it is more likely that the faith is not to your taste since you now know so much about it and you are free to practice it as you wish but you have failed practice it in the conventional way. Do you still use the bible?

The way tithes were demanded for also put you off. However you have to realize that the problem there is not entirely with the person who demands for the tithe, it is also with the person who cannot resist such a demand. Ultimately, it is with the coercive nature of the faith, and it is not unique to the Christian faith, or even to the issue of tithing. You are likely to find it anywhere you turn.

Lastly, you are not required to follow any religion. Not everybody follows one. Most times the choice of religion is not given to the individual, but at times, just like with you, a person finds himself in a position to choose. Try not to limit your choices.
Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by Olong(m): 12:01am On Sep 22, 2014
Jesus the way, the Truth and the life!
Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by BodyKiss(m): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Liveair: Don't worry OP, its just the first step. Religion uses indoctrination and fear to instill adherence - that's all it has.

Next step is to start questioning all the crap you were thought in Sunday School.

After that, you'll get to question the Infallibility of God.

Finally, you'll understand why science doesn't even agree with the existence of any God.
At that point - welcome to ENLIGHTENMENT and AGE of REASON!

I was looking for a way to put it to the op, but oh dear, you nailed it.

Was never into religion that much. Nothing ever made sense to me, at a point, I couldn't take it anymore. With an open mind, It all began with the phrase on google 'does God exist' to self-realisation.

1 Like

Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by Orunto: 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
That Seminary you attended was not too good. You should have known that CHURCHISM IS NOT WORSHIP. You are already a Church in your separate self. Your body is the Temple of the Almighty, so says the Bible. Your body is a LIVING CREATURE. That body houses three other LIVING CREATURES that can automatically come together always to perform the Tasks set for them by God Himself. That coming together is a Temple, a Church of two or three where God is in their midst. The Task predestined for the living creatures is WORSHIP. Worship, my friend, is established by God for His LOVE for human creatures. He sets up the seventh day as a Sabbath for us and Himself to enable Him and us rest, sit and fancy ourselves. God sits and starts appreciating us His handiwork. This is just splendid. We too have full time and opportunity to think about how we come into existence, appreciate the Creator sitting face to face with us and glorify Him. This appreciation is reciprocal from God to His creatures and from His creatures to Him. This is Worship that is more appropriately practised and planned by God Himself for a Sabbathday. Sorry no time to write more.

1 Like

Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by valmunich(m): 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Orunto: That Seminary you attended was not too good. You should have known that CHURCHISM IS NOT WORSHIP. You are already a Church in your separate self. Your body is the Temple of the Almighty, so says the Bible. Your body is a LIVING CREATURE. That body houses three other LIVING CREATURES that can automatically come together always to perform the Tasks set for them by God Himself. That coming together is a Temple, a Church of two or three where God is in their midst. The Task predestined for the living creatures is WORSHIP. Worship, my friend, is established by God for His LOVE for human creatures. He sets up the seventh day as a Sabbath for us and Himself to enable Him and us rest, sit and fancy ourselves. God sits and starts appreciating us His handiwork. This is just splendid. We too have full time and opportunity to think about how we come into existence, appreciate the Creator sitting face to face with us and glorify Him. This appreciation is reciprocal from God to His creatures and from His creatures to Him. This is Worship that is more appropriately practised and planned by God Himself for a Sabbathday. Sorry no time to write more.
Alright, thanks. I really appreciate the little you've written and also for acknowledging the fact that is not all about "churchism"
Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
Until you stop practicing religion and start living Christianity you are going to continually lose interest till you finally become an atheist .
Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 23, 2014
well all i can say is that the devil is happy about it.pray that God will shed abroad the love for his presence in your heart.
Re: Why I Have Little Interest In Worshipping God by valmunich(m): 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Elantracey: Until you stop practicing religion and start living Christianity you are going to continually lose interest till you finally become an atheist .
I love this! Buh how does one 'live' this Christianity wif this my kinda training?
Dux01: well all i can say is that the devil is happy about it.pray that God will shed abroad the love for his presence in your heart.
How is the devil happy about it? sad Don't think I've lost interest already, I still believe in God, buh my kinda training has been serving as a hindrance lately

(1) (2) (Reply)

Street Preaching In The Early Hours Of The Morning; A Nuisance Or A Necessity? / Abiku {born To Die Prematurely} ~ Read To Discover If You Are An Abiku / Asigidi Confraternity Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.