Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st (1747 Views)

Unbelievable! Facebook To Startcharging $2.99 Monthly Fee Startingnovember 1 / Facebook To Charge $2.99 (almost NGN500) Monthly, Starting From 1st November / Now Facebook Will Be Charging $2.99(500) Monthly Starting On Nov1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2014
At a press conference this morning, Facebook rolled out their new monthly service plan which begins November 1st of this year. The social media giant says they will start charging members $2.99/mo to use the services that the site has to offer.

“After thinking long and hard about this decision, at the end of the day, we were forced to add this monthly fee,” Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg told reporters. “If we don’t do something about our rising costs now, Facebook could cease to exist in the near future.”

“This is excellent news for Facebook stock holders,” says Wall Street analyst Dale Sackrider. “As of August this year, Facebook had a total of 1.317 billion users. If just 75% of those members pay the new monthly service fee of $3, that will mean an annual influx of cash totaling roughly $3 billion. That’s not just an increase in profits of a few dollars, that’s a game changer right there.”

In an interview with CNN, Facebook spokesman Paul Horner explained the reason for the new monthly fee.

“Economic times are tight, the ads on Facebook are not as profitable as we had planned. Our costs are going up as hundreds of thousands of individuals continue to join the site every day,” Horner said. “There’s so many pictures of cats, and all of those costs add up, we just can’t foot the bill any longer.”

Jack Phillips from Dequincy, Louisiana told reporters that he is not happy with the new monthly fee that will be implemented by Facebook.

“I can barely pay for all my online girly subscriptions right now as it is, and now this Zuckerberg character wants another $3 a month out of me? Well I don’t think so bud,” Phillips said. “There’s free news out there that I get all my learning from, like The Epoch Times. Those guys don’t spell that good and their grammar is real bad, but I like em’. They keep my brain smart and up to date with all the latest satire stories out there.” Phillips continued, “As for this monthly fee though, I do like using Facebook. That Farmville game on there cracks me up. Hey, look at me, I’m planting some carrots in a field around my kick *ss barn. My friends just love it when I contact them about planting my crops. They’re like, ‘Dangit Jack, you and your gosh darn crops’, I’ll tell you what.”

Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin, a mascot for a Christian anti-masturbation group, says their business could not survive without Facebook.

“Charging people to use Facebook means there won’t be as many heathens on the site to help stay off the Devil’s playground. Personally, I like Facebook because it helps me promote my side business of making personalized video greetings. Those videos are good, clean fun for the whole family, and they also help pay for my anger management and sex offender classes. Praise Fappy!”

Horner told reporters of an option for those who can’t afford the new monthly fee. “Here at Facebook we value each and every one of our members. We do not want to see anyone delete their account just because they cannot afford the monthly fee,” Horner said. “For those who can’t manage the cost, we’ve made it real simple.

In a new status update, copy and paste the words, ‘I AM POOR FACEBOOK PLEASE WAVE MY MONTHLY FEE’. Make sure you include the hashtag #FacebookMonthlyFee. This will inform the Facebook billing department to wave any fees associated with your account. Unfortunately for free users, access to all Facebook games will no longer be available.” Horner continued, “There’s also a free option which will allow you access to your Facebook account for up to one hour a week, exceeding that will cost $0.49/minute. I think you can agree that it is extremely important to find the right Facebook plan for you!”

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2014
Move to FP
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by am0s(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2014
socisl website wey i no dey use b4...
i go com dey pay 1kb...lailai
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Kirinwa: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2014
They will lose not less than 70% of their members then which is bad for advertisers.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2014
Time for me to leave Facebook lol
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Kirinwa: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2014
bayode1979: Move to FP

No source.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by dhardline(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2014
They are on there own.....an excuse to leave facebook for good.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by iceberylin(m): 8:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Hope they'll be as silly as Whatsapp wink
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2014
Who cares?

We go vamoose facebook be that, niyen. undecided
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by majamajic(m): 8:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Op If 75% of 1.3 billion users pay $3 monthly, how will they end up with $3billion annually?
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2014
FrancisTony: Who cares?

gringringrin
fb go be like my 2go wen i nor know the location for my mobile sef..

besides..why did u change your sex to(f).you be transgender ni?
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2014
FrancisTony: Who cares?

see as fb wan kill their market
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Jarchi(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2014
It won't have much effect on africa, u knw the watsapp shit tuh
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Hmmm
Deactivating mode .. ... 40%
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by marieolae(f): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2014
Move on to twitter. Simple. Facebook died a long time to be honest.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by valmunich(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2014
Na fp material be this, make I shapaly book space grin
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Kunleskey(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2014
who cares,i just dey enter fb with no reason @times, 4k dem
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Mrrespect(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2014
This tym, children wil leave Facebook nd face their book for gud.
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by 100Cents: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2014
l laugh at them.

They would lose 80% of the 3rd world market.

Of, course I dont have business with Facebook except their constant notifications that disturb my phone...

$3 is greedy, they couldn't start with $1..
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by vikkyboboski(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2014
this plot is not for sale! stay off!
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Kizmarty:

gringringrin
fb go be like my 2go wen i nor know the location for my mobile sef..

besides..why did u change your sex to(f).you be transgender ni?

Lol. I left 2go not long ago.

I had always been female. Just changed to (M) because I was getting incessant PM's from thirsty guys. angryangry
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by tayoxx(m): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2014
Wetin consine me with Facebook
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol. I left 2go not long ago.

I had always been female. Just changed to (M) because I was getting incessant PM's from thirsty guys. angryangry

come...charlie no vex me oo

you've always been whaaaat?!
biko nu stop kidding be serious...

em missterious biko confirm this lie

those pics can't fool me seftongue
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by lawrenceunaa: 9:39am On Sep 22, 2014
ladies would be like boo , i need to pay for facebook monthly fee undecided
Facebook de mad ni tongue na girls go pay as for me whatsapp does it better & faster
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by scribble: 9:42am On Sep 22, 2014
Satire
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by missterious(f): 9:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Kizmarty:

Lol. lipsrsealed
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2014
missterious:

Lol. lipsrsealed

why??

say something plz
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2014
People go run go 2go...
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Exjoker(m): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2014
Provide link my brother if not...adonblivit
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 22, 2014
Kizmarty:

I am 'she'.

Ermm, I am married woman with a kid. angry
Re: Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/monthly, Starting November 1st by agangadiman(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2014
I have the activation code that will allow you to bypass this New Charging scheme,

it will be a one time charge of $10.

PM me

(1) (2) (Reply)

PES 2015 Free Download Full Game / Hidden And Shocking Facts About Africa That You Never Thought Off / LGBT Celebration In Brazil Depicts A Gay Jesus Christ [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.