Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot (32582 Views)

Please, I Want To Learn How To Tie The Avant Garde Gele / How To Tie The Aso Ebi Knot Wrapper (PHOTO+ VIDEO TUTORIAL) / How To Tie Gele? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Youngsage: 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
How to Tie The Eldredge Knot

The Eldredge is an unorthodox, complex &eye-catching necktie knot that involves 15 separate steps. It was invented by Jeffrey Eldredge in 2007 and achieved internet fame in 2008.
As opposed to the vast majority of tie knots, the Eldredge knot is produced by using the small end as the
active end. When completed, the remaining small end is hidden behind the shirt collar. The knot is large (larger than the Windsor) and creates a tapered fishtail braid-like effect. Not for the feint of heart, this knot must be worn with caution.

*KNOT SIZE 4/5
*SYMMETRY 2/5
*DIFFICULTY 5/5
*NERD FACTOR 5/5

The Eldredge Knot Tieing Instructions

1. Start with the wide end of the tie on the left and the small end on the right. The tip of the wide end should rest at the top of your belt buckle. Only move the active (small) end.

2. Small end over the wide end to the left.

3. Under the wide end and to the right.

4. Up to the center, towards neck loop.

5. Through the neck loop and to the left.

6. Across the front, to the right. Then up into the neck loop from underneath.

7. Down to the left and around the back of the wide end to the right. Keep this part loose.

8. Bring it across the front towards the left and through the loop made in the previous step.

9. Pull the small end towards the left to tighten.

10. Up to the center, towards neck loop. Down through the neck loop and to the left.

11. Up to the center, towards neck loop. Down through the neck loop and to the right. Keep this part loose.

12. Across the front towards the left and through the loop made in the previous step.

13. Pull the small end towards the left to tighten.

14. Tuck the rest of the small end behind neck loop on the left side.

15. Strut your stuff!

SOURCE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Youngsage: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
More Pictures smiley cheesy

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by dejt4u(m): 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
I dnt like this..too stressful nd nt beautiful..
Nice tips Op

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by sammoe(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Windsor and half Windsor do it for me. All the same, nice job OP dear.

2 Likes

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
15 steps?? Damn undecided sounds like work.

But nice @op.

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Atk1nson(m): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2014
Youngsage: More Pictures smiley cheesy
thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Youngsage: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
dejt4u: I dnt like this..too stressful nd nt beautiful..
Nice tips Op

shockwave91: 15 steps?? Damn undecided sounds like work.
But nice @op.

LoL. Not as stressful as you guys think, its good to try out new styles once in a while. Btw, knotting this shouldn't be an everyday thing, right?

Thanks anyway! cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by priscaoge(f): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
What about this for the lazy guysgringrin?

Op I love those ones,they are beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Youngsage:

LoL. Not as stressful as you guys think, its good to try out new styles once in a while. Btw, knotting this shouldn't be an everyday thing, right?

Thanks anyway! cheesy smiley

kai!....@op 15 steps is long now haba...one time thing or not. Well xcept my wife can knot for me then no probs(i think it's a sexy thang)
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Youngsage: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2014
priscaoge: What about this for the lazy guysgringrin?

Op I love those ones,they are beautiful!
Lol thanks!! cheesy cheesy

but really everyone not only guys should know how to knot that, one of the easiest tie knots. Yea for the lazy guys indeed, they should come and learn oh! hehehe

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Youngsage: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2014
shockwave91:

kai!....@op 15 steps is long now haba...one time thing or not. Well xcept my wife can knot for me then no probs(i think it's a sexy thang)
hahaha don't be lazy jorr, give it a try grin

I agree its kinda complex though...

yep i think it is too, and bold cheesy
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2014
I learnt how to knot ties in secondary school...my secondary school bf taught me...lol.
I actually knot my husbands' tie, he has refused to learn over the years.I had to give up and keep knotting them for him

I knot the conventional style...once I get home. Amma try this...lemme surprise someone tomorrow wink
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Youngsage: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I learnt how to knot ties in secondary school...my secondary school bf taught me...lol.
I actually knot my husbands' tie, he has refused to learn over the years.I had to give up and keep knotting them for him
hahaha I ended up teaching most of my school mates some tricks, they always ran to me for help cos mine was always perfect lol.
Wow thats great. Don't worry one day one day he'll learn it. He just has to.

Yeah! try out the eldredge knot, i'm sure he'll love it. Goodluck with that!
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Donfamous(m): 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
First time of seeing this pattern, will try it soon
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Youngsage:
hahaha don't be lazy jorr, give it a try grin

I agree its kinda complex though...

yep i think it is too, and bold cheesy

confession; i only know how to knot v-neck embarassed. So yeah i'm as lazy as garfield when it comes to tie knotting.

Ur husband will enjoy ur knotting skills o. And my future wife beta b paying attention angry
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by refreshrate: 7:33am On May 22, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I learnt how to knot ties in secondary school...my secondary school bf taught me...lol.

I knot the conventional style...once I get home. Amma try this...lemme surprise someone tomorrow wink

Who is this babe please?
You just made it to my list of really remarkable women! I sincerely hope your husband appreciates you and who you are?

*follows*
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 22, 2015
refreshrate:

Who is this babe please?
You just made it to my list of really remarkable women! I sincerely hope your husband appreciates you and who you are?

*follows*

I am a human being, from space...outer space angry

hahaha
Remarkable? Na only tie I knot ooo...
I didn't change vehicle tyre...lolz

Thanks.
Yes he does. He tries his best to show appreciation.
Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by tizblink: 5:13pm On May 22, 2015
This one's cool!
Please cast your votes for Sandrahnaub for the on going miss Nairaland contest.
This is the thread to vote
Thank you.
Remember yoo vote by typing "I vote for Sandrahnaub Cc:NLJega"

Sorry for derailing bro

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by refreshrate: 11:10pm On May 22, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I am a human being, from space...outer space angry

hahaha
Remarkable? Na only tie I knot ooo...
I didn't change vehicle tyre...lolz

Thanks.
Yes he does. He tries his best to show appreciation.

At bolded you see to you its just knotting a tie to a really appreciative person its the remark in your earlier post of putting it mind to surprise him the next day. Well done babe. May God continue to bless you and may your husband never find cause to not continue to go gaga over you!

1 Like

Re: Men's Fashion Tip Of The Day: How To Tie The Eldredge Knot by DEIFIED(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2015
This looks ugly to me.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Miss Nigeria 2018 Contestants: Top Finalists (Photos) / What Are You Putting On Right Now? / Photo Of Beyonce Without Make-up At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.