Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,931 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) (974 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / Moving To Norway Soonest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by gfunk1: 3:38am On Sep 23, 2014
As we may all know, lagos is definitely one of the beautiful places in Nigeria anyone should see or relocate to. perhaps you'd love to take your adventure to a new place, please do try Lagos! Sometimes I fondly refer to it as Nigeria's 'new york city'.

Being a young man who lives very close but out of this wonderful city of Lagos, I'd spend many hours trying to figure out how to find my way there, longing for someone to hint me on the conditions of the different classes of life, neighborhoods, the rents and just anything that could be a guide for a young optimistic me to settle in such a city. Well, I just love the city.

So, I thought having a place where people can derive facts about lagos and the places therein and also guides for a successful trip to this city might actually help some people somewhere ( students, young graduates, professionals, families, individuals, businessmen and businesswomen etc.) who are willing to move into lagos on a short term duration or long term period, to gather every necessary information and get guidelines for a successful relocation.

Therefore, I welcome you all as you post your inquiries, and also commend in advance everyone's immense contribution to helping one another.
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by gfunk1: 4:19am On Sep 23, 2014
A friend was sharing with me about his plans on relocating to lagos after he has finished his undergraduate studies in one of the federal universities outside of Lagos. He said he has no relatives nor friends or anyone he could possibly live with over there. so he has decided to spend some few nights in an hotel while he seeks for a vacant apartment he can rent. Then I was wondering what area in lagos would be a perfect port of call for a newbie as my friend. considering certain factors like the costs of rents and the costs of hotel rooms etc. That his arrival solely depends on.

Every response will be very much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by eluquenson(m): 6:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Coming to Lagos is quite awesome but the fact remains
Not all Lagos cities are conducive, some areas are slum while some are like London.
I would advice your friend look out for surulere axis as it's quite OK for a newbie
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by GogetterMD(m): 6:57am On Sep 23, 2014
Surulere axis is expensive for a newbie esp as a fresh graduate. Ikotun, Egbeda, Iyana ipaja axis
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by eluquenson(m): 7:30am On Sep 23, 2014
GogetterMD: Surulere axis is expensive for a newbie esp as a fresh graduate. Ikotun, Egbeda, Iyana ipaja axis
Standard of house matters too, not all surulere houses are expensive, i grew up there.
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by GogetterMD(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2014
eluquenson: Standard of house matters too, not all surulere houses are expensive, i grew up there.
I currently live in lere. The good houses in lere are expensive. Double or even tripple the amount you would get good accommodation in the aforementioned axis
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by cyborg1(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2014
eluquenson: Coming to Lagos is quite awesome but the fact remains
Not all Lagos cities are conducive, some areas are slum while some are like London.
I would advice your friend look out for surulere axis as it's quite OK for a newbie

You should ve stay basic cost of living there. Like average house lent, fare charges to Island or Alaba, and so on?
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by gfunk1: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2014
@eluquenson & @GogetterMD

Thank you so much, I believe these are good places but I think knowing some factors just as @cyborg1 had mentioned would bring about a great relief and helps in making a rich decision. I would appreciate if you can also shed more light on the availability of hotels in these axis, their standards and costs and also share your knowledge on how one can swiftly secure an accommodation in any of these axis and even more.
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by kel4soft: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lagos, no thanks. One full year over there was hell.
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by oseiwe(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gfunk1, your friend has no relative or friend in lagos? Where is he from?
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by gfunk1: 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
@kel4soft
Would you like to share a little bit of what it was like in lagos? You never can't tell, one might learn a thing or two from your experience. Thanks

@oseiwe
Perhaps he has friends in lagos but he never mentioned. His words to me reflects a man who is willing to go and get what life will offer with total responsibilities being his. I can say he wants to do things like a man. I don't know if you understand where I'm coming from?
Re: Moving To Lagos (facts And Guides) by oseiwe(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
gfunk1:

@oseiwe
Perhaps he has friends in lagos but he never mentioned. His words to me reflects a man who is willing to go and get what life will offer with total responsibilities being his. I can say he wants to do things like a man. I don't know if you understand where I'm coming from?

It's good to take a bold step, but to venture into the unknown hoping to get the spoils of the street is not advisable. He should have something / someone pulling him to lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Travel Cuisine: 5 Nigerian Meals You Can Make With $5 Or Less / A Nairaland's Observations And Comparison On A Visit To Owerri. / Tourist Destinations In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.