Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! (880 Views)

My Book Of Wisdom / When Is The Post Jamb Result Of UNIBEN Coming Out? / - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have a professional exam next month but each time I try to read I feel like throwing up, no reading appetite again..
Pls friends what could be wrong? What do you suggest I do?

*if you view this thread without giving me a solution, God is watching you*
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by 1one: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
lomy: I have a professional exam next month but each time I try to read I feel like throwing up, no reading appetite again..

if you view this thread without giving me a solution, God is watching you

LoL..He's watches (over) all of us.. You inclusive grin
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Well,it happens when one has 'over read'. It has happened to me after several months of reading,my books suddenly became repulsive to me. My advice is that you should take a break then size-down your reading into smaller bits. Meaning,if you used to read for two hours,you should read for 30mins till the zeal for reading gets reignited. Above all,don't forget to ask baba God for guidance. Pray as if there is no book and read as if there is no prayer. Works like magic for me and I hope it does same for you. My humble opinion. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
taiwoawoniyi: Well,it happens when one has 'over read'. It has happened to me after several months of reading,my books suddenly became repulsive to me. My advice is that you should take a break then size-down your reading into smaller bits. Meaning,if you used to read for two hours,you should read for 30mins till the zeal for reading gets reignited. Above all,don't forget to ask baba God for guidance. Pray as if there is no book and read as if there is no prayer. Works like magic for me and I hope it does same for you. My humble opinion. Shalom

Thank you so much.. I appreciate
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
it's cuz if over reading, i remember when i was about to write jamb,i started reading 3 months to the exam and when it was about a month to write it,i just suddenly felt repulsed by reading, i couldn't read newspapers, novels.. name it.i just got tired,i gave myself a two weeks break and then i tried reading about 2 weeks to the exam and discovered i had regained my reading spirit.so i think you should give yourself a break for like a week and not do anything related to reading,at least that's what worked for me.
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Shady98: it's cuz if over reading, i remember when i was about to write jamb,i started reading 3 months to the exam and when it was about a month to write it,i just suddenly felt repulsed by reading, i couldn't read newspapers, novels.. name it.i just got tired,i gave myself a two weeks break and then i tried reading about 2 weeks to the exam and discovered i had regained my reading spirit.so i think you should give yourself a break for like a week and not do anything related to reading,at least that's what worked for me.

Ok dear.. I will comply. Thanks so much
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
lomy: I have a professional exam next month but each time I try to read I feel like throwing up, no reading appetite again..

you need a break simple also maybe you have failed some papers before and your psyche is being discouraged !

Take two days off and do other things that'll make you happy and come back strong !!!
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by insidifyguru: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2014

Hi Lomy. There is a technique called the Pomodori Technique. This technique helps you focus on whatever task you need to focus on for a particular period of time while maximising that time spent focusing on the task.

Here's how it works: you need to study yourself and find out the single stretch of time that you can go on reading without your mind wandering or feeling any of the things you mentioned above. If you find that it's after 25mins of 'serious' reading that you begin to get distracted,just schedule your timetable to read only for periods of 25mins at a stretch. After each 25mins (which signifies 1 Pomodori),you MUST take a 5 or 10min break from reading and do things that are not in any way related to reading.

This will help you maximise the time you spend reading and you'll find that you are able to retain and recollect a very high percentage of what you've read. I wish you the very best in your forthcoming exam. #Insidify
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
insidifyguru:

Hi Lomy. There is a technique called the Pomodori Technique. This technique helps you focus on whatever task you need to focus on for a particular period of time while maximising that time spent focusing on the task.

Here's how it works: you need to study yourself and find out the single stretch of time that you can go on reading without your mind wandering or feeling any of the things you mentioned above. If you find that it's after 25mins of 'serious' reading that you begin to get distracted,just schedule your timetable to read only for periods of 25mins at a stretch. After each 25mins (which signifies 1 Pomodori),you MUST take a 5 or 10min break from reading and do things that are not in any way related to reading.

This will help you maximise the time you spend reading and you'll find that you are able to retain and recollect a very high percentage of what you've read. I wish you the very best in your forthcoming exam. #Insidify

Ok, I will do that. Thanks
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
donroxy: you need a break simple also maybe you have failed some papers before and your psyche is being discouraged !

Take two days off and do other things that'll make you happy and come back strong !!!

You are so right. I failed some papers the last time, now I can't concentrate.
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by kilimanjaro(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
May be you should start reading the texts onlinesmiley
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
lomy:
I know you failed some papers and thazit ....

But you have to get yourself together so as not to repeat same zhit .... Is it ICAN ?
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
donroxy: I know you failed some papers and thazit ....

But you have to get yourself together so as not to repeat same zhit .... Is it ICAN ?

Not ican, it's CIIN exam for insurance brokers
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by CrazyMan(m): 12:04am On Sep 24, 2014

Here are my solutions...

1. Avoid reading immediately after a meal, if you must eat before reading, I would suggest you take fruits.

2. It could be as a result of you being nervous; your exam is next month and you're not sure if you're fully prepared for the exam or not. (In this case I would suggest you relax your mind so as to get rid of any form of distraction and gain concentration)

3. Try to understand when its most convenient for you to read...could be late at nights, afternoons etc.

4. Time yourself...Reading should be done in bits for better understanding (eg. Read Chapters 1&2, then you take a break, ponder on those chapters and ask yourself possible questions; and be back to finish your task).

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 2:53am On Sep 24, 2014
CrazyMan:
Here are my solutions...

1. Avoid reading immediately after a meal, if you must eat before reading, I would suggest you take fruits.

2. It could be as a result of you being nervous; your exam is next month and you're not sure if you're fully prepared for the exam or not. (In this case I would suggest you relax your mind so as to get rid of any form of distraction and gain concentration)

3. Try to understand when its most convenient for you to read...could be late at nights, afternoons etc.

4. Time yourself...Reading should be done in bits for better understanding (eg. Read Chapters 1&2, then you take a break, ponder on those chapters and ask yourself possible questions; and be back to finish your task).

Good luck.

Highly appreciated.. God bless

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomy:
Not ican, it's CIIN exam for insurance brokers
when are you gonna sit and how many papers are you writing ?
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
donroxy: when are you gonna sit and how many papers are you writing ?

Oct 13 and 17.. just two papers
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomy:

Oct 13 and 17.. just two papers
How much have you achieved and do you have any calculations there .... I guess yes ?
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
donroxy: How much have you achieved and do you have any calculations there .... I guess yes ?

Just one chapter... sure there are calculations
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomy:

Since it's a certificate you crave for, the thought of failing the exam again should even motivate you and not the other way round. ..
My dear, you gat to struggle and make it this time, you wouldn't want to fail an exam twice...Goodluck

Also, crazyman gave some good advice, never knew a crazy man could think like this undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
MarvellousGod: Since it's a certificate you crave for, the thought of failing the exam again should even motivate you and not the other way round. ..
My dear, you gat to struggle and make it this time, you wouldn't want to fail an exam twice...Goodluck

Also, crazyman gave some good advice, never knew a crazy man could think like this undecided undecided

Thanks..
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
lomy:

Just one chapter... sure there are calculations
One chapter and you have 3weeks to go .... The book must really be neusating !

Do you read some parts while leaving the rest or you read them all ..... Line by line ?
Re: Help!!! My Book Nauseates Me!! by lomy(f): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
donroxy: One chapter and you have 3weeks to go .... The book must really be neusating !

Do you read some parts while leaving the rest or you read them all ..... Line by line ?

Reading it line by line.

(1) (Reply)

Career Advice Needed Please!!!!! / . / Will Bankers Loose Jobs for Treasury Single Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.