Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! (5292 Views)

Help Withdraw Money From A Merchant In USD And Pay Me In Naira. / N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN / The Ultimate Guide To Selling Your Imported Goods On Konga Marketplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 24, 2014
It has been a real eye opener and will share my experiences as I go along.

This is not to knock Konga, but to give prospective Konga merchants a feel for what to expect as a merchant, the kinds of issues to expect and therefore be armed on how to prevent/work round these issues before/as they arise.

Certainly If I had known about these issues before hand, then I would have done things differently.

Anyway I did a google seach (Lieutenant Columbo thingz) and finally obtained the contact details for a senior manager a few days ago, and wrote to him and I am awaiting his response to all the issues rasied.

I am happy to answer any questions that anyone may have. Like I said this is not to knock Konga, but a thread to help the merchant, the customer and Konga themselves as they may learn a few things from this to better the overall customer experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Subscribed!!!
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 24, 2014
RoyalRoy: Subscribed!!!

LOL . . .
You are welcome, however I thought you sold cars. Do Konga sell cars wink
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 24, 2014
Let's have the issues raised to ponder about or also contribute knowledge while waiting for his response.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2014
chaircover:

LOL . . .
You are welcome, however I thought you sold cars. Do Konga sell cars wink

hahaha

We could sell cars on Konga if they want us to.
Nothing is impossible these days.

Lollz.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 24, 2014
chukux2: Let's have the issues raised to ponder about or also contribute knowledge while waiting for his response.

Thank you for your input

I think that its only fair that we give them time to look into the issues raised.

Their response/or lack of will also help give prospective merchants a truer picture of things; more than I can ever say.

Lets give them a chance.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:

hahaha

We could sell cars on Konga if they want us to.
Nothing is impossible these days.

Lollz.

Thinking about it, I see why not
They can have a car showroom where merchants take the cars to when a buyer shows interest.
The sky is their limit . .if they know what they are doing,.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by jaybee3(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2014
following
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Odunharry(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2014
frontpage mod
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Dygeasy(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Following.

CC, should we start asking any questions?
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nutase: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2014
konga
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dygeasy: Following.

CC, should we start asking any questions?

Yes please free to ask
I am sure that there will be other konga merchants here to help answer too
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
BTW I received a response back from one of the Konga managers.
Been advised that I will receive a comprehensive update by the end of the day
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by lifestyle1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
When ever I call konga to make inquiry about my product on their platform they don't answer my calls and the most annoying thing is that they charge me why they keep me waiting for more than 15 minutes and in most cases i end up running out of airtime. undecided
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
lifestyle1: When ever I call konga to make inquiry about my product on their platform they don't answer my calls and the most annoying thing is that they charge me why they keep me waiting for more than 15 minutes and in most cases i end up running out of airtime. undecided

Are you a buyer or a merchant?
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
chaircover: BTW I received a response back from one of the Konga managers.
Been advised that I will receive a comprehensive update by the end of the day

I didnt receive a response yesterday as promised
I Emailed again this morning, but still waiting
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by lifestyle1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
chaircover:

Are you a buyer or a merchant?

merchant.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 26, 2014
lifestyle1:

merchant.

Instead of wasting money calling them, you may want to try sending them an Email.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by lifestyle1(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2014
chaircover:

Instead of wasting money calling them, you may want to try sending them an Email.

Do you think they will reply on time ? and if I may ask why do they set the phone to charge while the call is yet to connect ? angry
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by aPr: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2014
chaircover:
lifestyle1:
Do you think they will reply on time ? and if I may ask why do they set the phone to charge while the call is yet to connect ? angry

They have never replied my email as a merchant

3 Likes

Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by lifestyle1(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
aPr:

But what could really be the reason or are they short of staff ? or could it it be because the service is free ? undecided
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by flosk: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
thanks for this thread. please what does it take to be a merchant at konga. what is their payment terms like and please do you have an idea on how they calculate their prices i mean do you know the percentage they use to mark up their price?

finally what do u need to do to be a merchant to them

thanks
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
aPr:

You should have been allocated an account manager
If you havent got one then you need to ask for one
Everything Ive got from Konga I have had to ask and insist
When they allocate you an account manager then contact him/her by Email or directly by phone

You can also message Konga on Facebook
They are usually able to direct your request/issue to the correct dept
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
flosk: thanks for this thread. please what does it take to be a merchant at konga. what is their payment terms like and please do you have an idea on how they calculate their prices i mean do you know the percentage they use to mark up their price?

finally what do u need to do to be a merchant to them

thanks

You need to fill in a form on their website and they will get back to you
If they dont get back to you send them reminder emails
Eventually they will
They will check you out and if they are happy with your set up/location/goods etc then they will set you up as a merchant

As a merchant you set your own prices, but obnviously you have to take a number of things into consideration. You cant beeo too expenxive or too cheap.

They pay you a few days after the customer has confirmed receit of the order.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
lifestyle1:

Ask for your account manager, that person will be in charge of your account
You do however have to ask for one
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Krak(m): 6:00am On Oct 16, 2014
How long does it take for Konga to pay Merchants for goods sold and delivered?
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 16, 2014
Krak:
How long does it take for Konga to pay Merchants for goods sold and delivered?

It takes between a week to 2 weeks from delivery to when your account is actually credited.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Krak(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2014
chaircover:

It takes between a week to 2 weeks from delivery to when your account is actually credited.

Ok thank you very much.

I really appreciate this.
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by wb260790: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2014
chaircover:
It has been a real eye opener and will share my experiences as I go along.

This is not to knock Konga, but to give prospective Konga merchants a feel for what to expect as a merchant, the kinds of issues to expect and therefore be armed on how to prevent/work round these issues before/as they arise.

Certainly If I had known about these issues before hand, then I would have done things differently.

Anyway I did a google seach (Lieutenant Columbo thingz) and finally obtained the contact details for a senior manager a few days ago, and wrote to him and I am awaiting his response to all the issues rasied.

I am happy to answer any questions that anyone may have. Like I said this is not to knock Konga, but a thread to help the merchant, the customer and Konga themselves as they may learn a few things from this to better the overall customer experience.

I have some questions which i will really appreciate your sincere answer. Though, someone has raised these questions before...but nobody respond yet to it. So i believe we can get the reply from you.
What is the experience like?
How successful is your business with Konga?
Do they pay for your good on time as agreed on the contract paper?
What is the downside of selling your goods on konga.com platform?
As a prospective Konga merchants, what to expect as a merchant? There seems to be a red line or kind of warning of some sort. Isn't it? What does one expect?
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2014
wb260790:

I have some questions which i will really appreciate your sincere answer. Though, someone has raised these questions before...but nobody respond yet to it. So i believe we can get the reply from you.
What is the experience like?
How successful is your business with Konga?
Do they pay for your good on time as agreed on the contract paper?
What is the downside of selling your goods on konga.com platform?
As a prospective Konga merchants, what to expect as a merchant? There seems to be a red line or kind of warning of some sort. Isn't it? What does one expect?

Please can you gice me to Monday to respond to your questions.
What are you planning on selling?
Re: What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! by franzis(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
The experience has been great but not perfect and room for improvement,m y account managers respond to my issues within the shortest possible time or if you have any issue you can send to mall@konga.com, but one major confusing issue is the payout system, was told payouts are made after the 7 days return policy has expired and it takes about 2-3 days for the money to reflect in bank aCcount, but I find out have even 2 weeks one is still expecting payout

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make As Much As N10,000 Weekly From GIFTALWORLD! / Five Reasons You Should Be Using Whatsapp Marketing / we are looking for marketers and distributors @ jkb Plantain Flour *pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.