Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure (1354 Views)

Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Ruud Van Nistelrooy Retires From Football / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Akolawole(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2006
He is a great Striker.

Honestly i wish he goes to Stamford Bridge.

It is an open secret that he had signed for Real Madrid.

In Spain yesterday, he unveil why he left Old Tratford.

The finger points to Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006340795,00.html

Now, Jackal,BolaOni and other United guys come i defend Baba.

What happen between Father and son?

Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by lordimpaq(m): 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2006
i think jack-huc would be in the best position to answer that, wink
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by IBIPHIL(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2006
The guy is good,compare to all other strikers i mean Ruud is better than some strikers  and that is a plus for me now that i have Ronaldo and Ruud in my camp grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by kitaun(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2006
Ruud looked to be past his prime and there was no way Fergie would stick to him cos at crucial stages during the last campaign he just could not deliver and it was stated severally in several quarters that he was missing the kind of service he used to get when Posh becks was still at OT, WELL now that he is now with his paddie lets see if truely he could get back to scoring ways.

@ akola,
if he should go to stamford bridge it would even be worse off for him except the style of play adapted would favour deep crossings from the wings
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Badman888(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2006
Ruud man, one of the best in the one touch buisness he would greatly be missed, since the depature of Beckham at united he found it difficult to get balls directly to his feet since he is the one touch master. I hope the partnership again would still work and his carear dosent just end like that. Good Luck ruud man.
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by kitaun(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2006
This is from the BBC sports website ;

Ferguson's Ruud dilemma
By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer

Will Ferguson regret Van Nistelrooy's farewell?
Ruud van Nistelrooy is the latest Manchester United star to find a deteriorating relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson always ends at the Old Trafford exit door.

Ferguson has seen off Jaap Stam, David Beckham and even Roy Keane, who were on the one-way route out of Manchester United once they crossed the immovable object that is Sir Alex.

And yet, in this instance, it seems the intransigent attitude of a typically single-minded Dutchman played as big a role in the departure of a striker with the magnificent record of 150 goals in 219 games.

Ferguson insists he is mystified as to why Van Nistelrooy became so unsettled at United that he asked for a move shortly before the 2005 FA Cup final defeat against Arsenal, repeated the request through his representative, then finally put it in writing himself.

It has been a messy end to a union that was once so productive, but it remains to be seen whether United will live to regret allowing Van Nistelrooy to join Real Madrid in a reported £10.2m deal.

The evidence is conflicting.

Van Nistelrooy's appearances were limited last season, especially after Ferguson made it clear he was playing second fiddle to Louis Saha after axing him for the Carling Cup final win against Wigan.

Axed Van Nistelrooy watches the Carling Cup final

And yet he still amassed 21 goals in 35 league games, finishing second top Premiership scorer behind Thierry Henry.

This was over-shadowed by Van Nistelrooy storming away before United's final league game against Charlton - and subsequently being told he was not welcome at Keane's testimonial.

After the Charlton disappearing act, Ferguson explained: "There have been a couple of issues during the week that concerned us in terms of the spirit of the club."

Van Nistelrooy's World Cup was a different story, dropped with some very public and pointed criticism from Holland coach Marco van Basten after scoring one goal and finding himself substituted in all three group games.

Was this merely the result of an unsettled season at Manchester United or has Ferguson pitched it right and the once-great striker is in terminal decline?

If Ferguson has failed to make the right call - or does not have a credible alternative up his sleeve - it could deal a fatal blow to both United's title ambitions and his own managerial longevity.

Wayne Rooney, for all his brilliance, is not a natural marksman and will hover more in 15-20 goals a season territory.

Alan Smith is recovering from a broken leg, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is working his way back from two years of injury - and Saha spends too much time in the sick bay.

Van Nistelrooy's departure does at least remove a brooding presence from United's dressing room, having had public fall-outs with not just Ferguson, but also Cristiano Ronaldo.

Solskjaer has been injured for two years

But for all the baggage attached to Van Nistelrooy in his final months at Old Trafford, he remained one of the most potent marksmen in the Premiership.

United can hardly claim to have done a good deal financially either, because they will not find another Van Nistelrooy for the £10m thought to have been handed over by Real.

This season is crucial for United and Ferguson - he cannot get the big decisions wrong or Chelsea will be even further over the horizon, Arsenal will close again and Liverpool may even pass their great rivals.

Ferguson's recent buying record is sketchy at best, and the Van Nistelrooy affair has put this into even sharper focus.

As Van Nistelrooy prepares to be paraded at the Bernabeu, Ferguson must hope he has got the selling and buying right - his and Manchester United's future may depend on it.
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Akolawole(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2006
@Kitaun

I think you mis your comment with Enemity.

Ruud goal ratio is incomparable to any striker in the premiership.

[size=13pt]He is better than one over-hyped striker in North London[/size] grin
I HOPE THEY WONT KILL ME FOR THIS O
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by under18(f): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2006
I saw him in Real madrid jersey
he looks excellent much better than
I wish madrid meets manchester for him to revenge.
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Jackal(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2006
Ruud is the best striker the Premiership has ever seen.
Van the man is one of the greatest strikers in Europe.
He scored so many goals in a short time thus making him greater than igwe of highbury.
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by kitaun(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2006
Akolawole:

@Kitaun

I think you mis your comment with Enemity.

Ruud goal ratio is incomparable to any striker in the premiership.

[size=13pt]He is better than one over-hyped striker in North London[/size] grin
I HOPE THEY WONT KILL ME FOR THIS O

and also this ;

Jackal:

Ruud is the best striker the Premiership has ever seen.
Van the man is one of the greatest strikers in Europe.
He scored so many goals in a short time thus making him greater than igwe of highbury.

THEY HAVE COME AGAIN O !!!
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Oracle(m): 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2006
[size=16pt]ruud is one very great player united had, he was mainly noted for his speed, he's a very fast player and may not cope with a slow game.
well he has left the club of his dreams, i believe he always wanted to be in United, but Ferge has shattered his plans.
letz just hope he makes it in his new club[/size]

Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by LoverBwoy(m): 2:57am On Jul 31, 2006
what the heck Henry over hype ?just say your jealous u dont have a finey more sublime striker plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz kmt spit it out!!!

chelsea is just one bunglin team after the era of great zola gudjohnson chelsea are just "there" spoiling football

Ruudbwoy van nisteroy is a very good striker
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by LoverBwoy(m): 2:58am On Jul 31, 2006
I think ferggie is getting old the man has been doing some funny things nowadays

things hapen and it just happens to be ruudbwoy at the end of the receiving end this time

remember Sir alex waited a whole season or 2 just to sign him
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by diddy4(m): 5:08am On Jul 31, 2006
henry all the way. van is good but my loyalty lies with da mighty henry.
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by nightrider: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2006
RVN goal scoring ability in Manchester united diminshed rapidly with the departure of Becks., Now they joined up, i'm sure he can rise to what he once used to be
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Jackal(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2006
@ Loverbwoy,
Ferguson is getting old but the man is not senile.
This kind of scenario happened some few years back-when Fergie sold Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole(Europe's best strike partnership till date) to land Ruud van Nistelrooy some years back.

United fans were almost driven to a state of lunacy when the gaffer brought in a disabled RUUD for the most potent strike force but we all know what happened afterwards. Ruud didnt disappoint and was by far one the best bargains in the history of the Premiership.
The striker yielded an instant dividends in his debut season with loads of goals
Criticse Ferguson at your own peril because this man will always have a last laugh.

Can Ferguson replace Ruud's quality in front of goal? I don't know but i see a very great potential in young Guiseppe Rossi and maybe Fernando Torres.
I can't wait for the Amsterdam tournament to start on friday so i can critically evaluate Utd's team this season without the Ruud boy.
With United swooping on Marcos Senna(Villareal) and renewed interests on Torres, United's title challenge is looking more real than imaginary.
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by lordimpaq(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2006
@akola

obviously u are referring to henry

i won't say he's overhyped, he's hyped alright but overhyped by arsenal fans,

thats all,

its the truth look at it, some arsenal fans see henry as a god!! i don't see him as that, i see him as a player who just passed his peak, lets see wat happens this season if he still remains top scorer,

let me prophesy wat will happen this season,

henry would not be as wonderful as he was last season, why old age, the guy is 29 for christ sake, almost thirty,

the injuries would start to come ceaselessly,

sorry about this but its bound to happen,
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by sage(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2006
guy, who told u Cole and Yorke are the best patnership Europe has ever seen?
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by lordimpaq(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2006
who said that?

when there was rebrov and shevchenko

when there was ronaldo and zamorano

when there was poyet and flo

when there was quin and phillips

there are couple of others better than the cole and yorke,

the remaining partnership mentioned after rebrov and shevchenko were not particularly exceptional but rebrov shevchenko was very notable, if they had met manutd in that UCL final of 99, dynamo kiev would have won,

everyone knows that, bear in mind that it was in the same season 98/99 that both partnership became well known, in case u don't know rebrov-shevchenko partnership produced more goals in that champions league than cole and dwight yorke,
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Jackal(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2006
@Lordimpaq,

Don't hate. Please appreciate.
The best strike partnership till date at club level in Europe is Yorke and Cole.
They were consistent and very deadly.
They wore down defences after defences and they were the most feared dynamic duo of European football.
Prove me wrong that Sheva and Rebrov are the best.

Someone even mentioned Poyet and Flo?
Kevin Phillips and Quinn?
Why not mention Muri Ogunbiyi and Frimpong of Enyimba as well.
Buncha hypocrites. grin
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Fimmy(m): 7:34am On Aug 01, 2006
I CHERISH ONLY TWO STIKERS

RVD AND MY BOY TREZEQUET
I PITY MAN UNITED THIS SEASON
PRAY YOU DONT RELEGATE LOL
WE SHALL ALL SEE
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by Jackal(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2006
@ Fimmy,
U are just a prophet of doom.
Man United relegating is like OBJ becoming an American President. shocked
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by otolorin(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2006
i think its ok to call a spade a spade - and not a garden tool
ruud is one good guy - he had that goal for man utd eith an assist from rooney, that ranked in the top ten of last season!

if i'm to laud a quality in ruud's footballing - i cherish his ball controlling sense!

if there was an award for ball control - i giv it to nistelrooy.
i watched highlights about d guy and i discovered that whatever angle he faces, whether he's backin the post o, or can't even see where d pass is coming from - he just does sum kind of magic n he gets to do his tin - scores!
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by IBIPHIL(m): 11:14am On Aug 02, 2006
ALL MAN UTD FANS ARE CALLING FOR MY HEAD NOW THAT RUUD MY A REAL MADRID PLAYER, THE DEPARTURE IS A PLUS FOR ME AM HAPPY
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by lordimpaq(m): 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2006
@jackal

that someone is me, hope u know that,

and obviously u are calling me a hypocrite,

nice goin jacky
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by sage(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2006
Best strike patner ships in the world included

1 Shev and Inzaghi ( Shev and Rebrov)

2 Nando and Raul

3 Romario and Histro

4 Ronaldo and Vieri (albeit hampared by injuries and lack of trophies)

5 Romario and Bebeto

6 Vialli and Ravellini

7 Totti and Batistuta (not a strict patnership though)

8 Bregkamp and Kluivert

9 Ronaldo and Rivaldo

Yorke and Cole are among the best though But

The best 4 me was Van Basten and Gullit
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by kitaun(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2006
@ otolorin,

I beg to disagree with you on the ball-controlling sense of Ruud, its not as fantastic as u make it sound, plllllllllllllllllllz shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, its the goal-sense that makes him awesome!
Re: Another Look At Rud Van's Departuure by otolorin(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2006
just imagine he had the goal sense without the controls. shocked shocked

it might not be as good as i make it - but in my books, - i cherish his ball controlling sense!

(1) (Reply)

: / What Is Happening To Penaldo?...the Flop.... / Nigerian Man Utd Fan Kills 4 Bacra Fans Over Loss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.