Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Help! Crazy Data Consumption - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Crazy Data Consumption (746 Views)

How To Reduce Data Consumption In Windows 8.1 (disable BITS) / Bluestacks App- How Do I Reduce High Browsing Data Consumption. / Wat Is The Present State Of Airtel Data Consumption. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 25, 2014
Hello,

I bought a brand new HP laptop with windows 8 but each time I subscribe, my data does not last 30 days.

The recent one isn't even up to 2 weeks and I got an email that I have just 1 GB left. I use Glo Always MIN.

I have deactivated the windows auto update, I uninstalled the needs feed on desktop yet, it didn't last. I am not so conversant with windows8 and may be there is something that is auto updating that I am not aware of.

please help.
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by digitite: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
There could be underground application/software making you of data automatically.....
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
digitite: There could be underground application/software making you of data automatically.....
how do I find it?
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by linuses: 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
It is a simple problem. locate your windows task manager,click on service tab, by the bottom right of the box, click on service and locate Background intelligent Transfer service (BITS) and right click on it, then click on properties and select disable. then u are good to go. for more info call 08036833821
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by digitite: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
2sExy1: how do I find it?

Follow linuses instruction. Also tweak and twist any software/app services and disable connection function within the program.
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
digitite:

Follow linuses instruction. Also tweak and twist any software/app services and disable connection function within the program.
What's Linuses? I don't know how to do any of those...
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by goldtooth: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
linuses: It is a simple problem. locate your windows task manager,click on service tab, by the bottom right of the box, click on service and locate Background intelligent Transfer service (BITS) and right click on it, then click on properties and select disable. then u are good to go. for more info call 08036833821

2sExy1: What's Linuses? I don't know how to do any of those...

That is linuses' instruction i quoted above. It is not a law or a principle. It is a contribution made to your thread by a nairalander whose moniker is linuses.
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
thanks bro, I didn't see the directive initially because your mention caught my attention and i had to quote you from there without viewing the thread directly.

I have been able to disable it... Let's see how it goes henceforth. But I guess that will be only when I do next subscription though.
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
linuses: It is a simple problem. locate your windows task manager,click on service tab, by the bottom right of the box, click on service and locate Background intelligent Transfer service (BITS) and right click on it, then click on properties and select disable. then u are good to go. for more info call 08036833821
Thanks. I was able to stop it following your description. Let's see how it goes and how effective. Thanks.
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
[quote author=]
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mowyo:

Boss,want to have a little talk with you about a few things.

Email me your number pls

dbmowyo@gmail.com
done...
Re: Help! Crazy Data Consumption by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
2sExy1: done...

thanks,replied.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Second Hand Spectranet 4g Lte Multi-user Wifi / n Cisco And Linux I / I Need A Brand New Acer Or Dell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.