Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

We Have Embarrased Him Enough - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Embarrased Him Enough (365 Views)

Will You Be Proud Or Embarrased When You Are Shown What You Did In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Have Embarrased Him Enough by e4emma(m): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
....was in a bus, moving 4rm Sango to Oshodi last Friday, an incident occured, and d driver was almost beaten up by some louts. Then a passenger said somtin dat really striked me! he was trying to calm d driver down , he urged him to b patient and ignore them. His words were " eni ti a ba fo leti ti o ba rerin to tun dupe lowo wa, o ye ki a dobale ki eni na wipe ko ma binu ni"...meaning, when u slap someone, and d person just smiles and thank you, then you should know that its best for you to postrate and beg such a person immediately.
This then brought the words of Christ to mind, praying for those who curse you. Naturally its absurd, but when u really think about it, u realize dat it only takes a man that has mastered his emotion to do such. Being like Christ isn't just about dying on the cross, if u do, u died a wasted death because ur blood ain't gonna save any1. My take is dis, being like Christ is in actions. Christ was spectacular and easy to spot because he wasn't responding to things the way any1 would, he wasn't doing the logical thing, instead he pleaded 4 forgiveness for his persecutors and killers! Dats wat we have to emulate if truely we wanna b like Christ. Guess its high time we truely stand for what we believe, in our response and actions. Men will surely step on our toes, but its up to Us to know how we respond. if u ask me, I feel we have embarrassed Christ enough with our actions and reactions. time to change. b4 u act or respond next time, ask urself...WWJD....what would Jesus do!!!!
#Justmythought

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

"If"an Inspiring Quote / Can A Relationship Exist With Out Immorality / Spiritual Digest For The Day 8th Of October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.