Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,607 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

How To Evaluate Business Opportunities - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Evaluate Business Opportunities (1461 Views)

Youwin Competition: FREE "Marking Scheme" To Evaluate Your Application / Great Business Opportunities: Abuja Technology Village / 'Hot-Cake' Business Opportunities in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Evaluate Business Opportunities by edikaniu(m): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
As an entrepreneur or businessman/woman we need to evaluate any business opportunity that comes our way in order to achieve optimal results. Overtime, the RAMP model has been tested and proven by successful entrepreneurs as an efficient and reliable method of evaluating potential business. RAMP is an acronym which stands for Return, Advantages, Market and Potential.

RETURN
Return is your reward on investment. It is your ‘Return On Investment’. Issues you have to consider include the following:
• Is the business you want to embark on going to be profitable? Will your revenues be higher than your expenses?
• How long will it take before you have positive cash flow?
• How much money will it take to start-up this business?

ADVANTAGES
Look at the cost structure of the business opportunity. What element of the business will cost you more to source or manufacture? What are the barriers you are bound to encounter in the new venture? Do you have large competitors? Will the policies and regulations in the business environment support the operations of your business? Do you have a proprietary advantage such as patents or exclusive licenses on what you would be selling or producing? How is the distribution channel like?

MARKET
Is there high demand for this product or service? Who are you selling to? You will also need to evaluate the cost of production which will influence your price to a large extent.

POTENTIAL
How risky is the business opportunity? Will there be higher returns for the founders and investor in your business? Is your team right for the business? Does the business concept fit the goals of the team to create a high potential or lifestyle business?

The above questions are what you should ask yourself before venturing into any business.
By using the RAMP model, you will be able to do a thorough job analyzing the business ideas and opportunities available.
Re: How To Evaluate Business Opportunities by 40dogzz(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pls help me on a small hint on yougurt & juice production, is it a good idea coz people ar telling me i will face big competitors & it will not sale. Pls how can i make it big in this biz coz i have passion 4 it & i have worked with yougurt & jucie company befor.
Re: How To Evaluate Business Opportunities by 40dogzz(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pls help me on a small hint on yougurt & juice production, is it a good idea coz people ar telling me i will face big compition & it will not sale. Pls how can i make it big in this biz coz i have passion 4 it & i have worked with yougurt & jucie company before.

1 Like

Re: How To Evaluate Business Opportunities by tomiamida: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: How To Evaluate Business Opportunities by edikaniu(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
@ 40dogzz

How much do you know about yogurt and juice production? That should be the first question that should come to your mind. The business environment, will it be favorable? You have the passion that's nice but also put this into consideration.
It think it will be nice if and only if you have done market survey and you think it is viable. At least for a start your target market should be limit to a particular environment. How far have you gone with that?

(1) (Reply)

Inter State Transport. / Import Restriction Will Increase Capacity Utilisation – MAN / Please Where Do Prince Arthur Eze Live At Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.