Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? (575 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Osu Caste System! Such A Terrible Practice!! / Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by DavidJohnDavid(f): 2:07am On Sep 27, 2014
A colleague of mine told me there's a tradition in his family, where a goat is killed, put up on a stick with the blood dripping and everyone had to pass over the animal blood.
Are you familiar with this tradition? If so, what does it mean?
Re: Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by Mention(m): 2:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Nope.... I know nothing about it
Re: Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by uboma(m): 2:18am On Sep 27, 2014
DavidJohnDavid: A colleague of mine told me there's a tradition in his family, where a goat is killed, put up on a stick with the blood dripping and everyone had to pass over the animal blood.

where is your colleague from and what is the essence of passing over the slaughtered goat's blood?
Re: Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by tomiobj(m): 2:18am On Sep 27, 2014
DavidJohnDavid: A colleague of mine told me there's a tradition in his family, where a goat is killed, put up on a stick with the blood dripping and everyone had to pass over the animal blood.
noooo. Nothing like that in yoruba land. Ask where your colleague is from
Re: Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by kelechiMarie(f): 2:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Huh....never heard of that
Re: Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by macof(m): 3:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Even if it exists in some nairalander's family culture
Many Nigerians today know nothing of their history and ancestry, they are lost so don't expect to see people who know or have heard of this in their family not because it doesn't exist but because they are lost

1 Like

Re: Does Your Family Practice This Tradition? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2014
To some extent

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies At Afe Uni / Graphic Photo: A Foreigner's Child Attacked In South Africa (viewer Discretion) / Happy 4th Of July Quotes And Messages 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.