Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Nneka, The Pretty Serpent - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nneka, The Pretty Serpent (2153 Views)

Meet The Pretty Girl Who Just Became D’prince’s Baby Mama (photo) / Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN / The Pretty Lilian Bach Is Half Polish Half Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nneka, The Pretty Serpent by NaijaPoint: 6:46am On Sep 27, 2014
Nneka, the Pretty Serpent,
Twenty two years after it ruled the silver screen in the 90s, “Nneka the Pretty Serpent,’ one of the most influential home videos in Nigeria, is set to hit the screen again.

Also, hitting the screen is the epic film, “Battle of Musanga”, which has been produced since 20 years ago, but was yet to hit the market for reasons best known to the producer, ‘Beyond Vows” among others.

Notable film maker and businessman, Igwe gabosky Okoye who is embaking on this laudable project said, has commenced the process of reproducing the evergreen Nollywood movies to sustain the legacy.

The films made waves in the 90s, and later went into oblivion when the ovation was still very loud.

While it was in vogue,‘Nneka the Pretty Serpent’served as a career Launchpad for the likes of Ndidi Obi, Eucharia Anunobi, Ngozi Ezeonu and Rita Nzelu, Sam Loco and Kanayo O.KanayIt was directed by veteran director, Zeb Ejiro and featured cameo appearances by actors late James Iroha, Claude Eke and singer Nelly Uchendu. ‘Nneka the Pretty Serpent’ tells the story of a mermaid disguised as human

Accoding to Gabsoky, “Reproducing these films is in line with the ideals of my organisation-G-Media. We will be marketing contemporary Nigerian movies as well as classics; those movies that heralded Nollywood which included; “Battle of Musanga’, Nneka, the Pretty Serpent, Fatal Desire, Living in Bondage, Evil Passion and Circle of Doom. Some of these films, I still have them in my shelve. I will be meeting with the producers with the aim of reproducing them.

That’s why I started by reproducing my own works; Battle of Musanga, Nneka, The Pretty Serpent, Beyond the Vows. I will not limit myself to Gabosky’s Productions. I will go beyond that to create the difference in the industry. I want to tell the story that movies are supposed to sell for eternity, and not for a while”.

Gabosky said, he preserved the films, adding that the films went through audio-visual corrector in order to make them meet the standard of today. ‘It’s same production but they films are clearer now than before. Nneka (played by Ndidi Obi) whose mission on earth was to go after married men. She would use her supernatural powers to hypnotize any man she fancied and eventually destroy them.

Although shot in Igbo language and subtitled in English, the movie still gained a lot of attention in the other parts of the country, especially in the South West. Gabosky recently launched his distribution network, G-Media to check the excesses of piratesand reurn.
- See more at: http://www.naijapoint.com/2014/09/nneka-pretty-serpent.html#sthash.72XorBAG.dpuf

Re: Nneka, The Pretty Serpent by brennyB: 10:09am On Sep 27, 2014
Na only me waka come
Re: Nneka, The Pretty Serpent by elobyobi: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2014
I'm here with you, Brenny grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oshadipe Twins – My Reflection (tribute) To Her Twin Sister / Agbani Darego Rocks Meena At Tw Brunch In Port Harcourt! / D’banj’s Girlfriend Adama Indimi Releases More Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.