Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice (848 Views)

Nigerian Entertainers Are Going Into Politics Because Of Money-Clarion Chukwura / Charly Boy: “entertainers Are Rushing Into Politics Because They Are Frightened / I'm Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can't Be Singing At 35 -9ice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by Goldrushnigeria(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2014
In a new interview with the Sun, 9ice dished that he’s leaving music for politics, The multiple award winning artist, 9ice is running for Federal House of Representatives, Ogbomosho.

He told the Sun

Yes, I want to leave music for politics. Next year January, I will be 35-years-old and I’m not praying to still be in music at that age. I am serious about politics now. If you listen to my music, you would notice that politics has been part of me; it’s in my blood. When I started initially, I talked about being your brother’s keeper, and that’s why I studied Law at Lagos State University before I dropped out to concentrate on my music career. I hate when things go wrong. When two or three people are having issues, I love to get there to settle their differences. I have passion for politics and it has always been in my blood.

On his fans missing him

I will say they will love me more by the time they see the plans that I have for them. I have so many plans on my mind. Imagine if the late Fela Anikulapo-Kuti was a politician, he will not just criticize the mistakes of our leaders but also correct them. Imagine if Wole Soyinka was to be the president of this nation, people like him are only preaching the truth and criticising the government but they are not ready to get into politics to make corrections. I am tired of preaching, I want to contribute my own quota for the sake of my people. We have graduates riding commercial motorcycles (okada), selling meat etc, their certificates are not being used but they are shouting that the government is not doing well. There can’t be any change if the youths don’t stand-up now to do something to help the country.

Who is Tony Payne to you?
She’s nothing more than we have kid for each other.

READ MORE : http://www.goldrushnews247.com/im-quitting-music-for-politics-because-i-cant-be-singing-at-35-9ice/

Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by samflex(m): 8:23am On Sep 27, 2014
Who is Tony Payne to you? She’s nothing more than we have kid for each other[b]

This part though....lmao! Epic
Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by ayukdaboss(m): 8:30am On Sep 27, 2014
This one is joining politics because he wants to steal money in bulk too...when did becoming 35 mean you're too old to sing? grin
Who is Tony Payne to you?
She’s nothing more than we have kid for
each other.

BTW this got me laughing like a mad man grin grin
Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2014
Who is Tony Payne to you? She’s nothing more than we have kid for each other.
dat was wicked

Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by Anacksunamun: 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
Liar!! Jay-Z is 40+ and still rapping, so you ain't got any excuse. Just admit the truth - your career's over after Gongo Aso album. You wan just partake in the "national cake" shikena.
Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by Canme4u(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
I was here.
Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by Sarimah(f): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
It seems politics is the in thing now
Re: I’m Quitting Music For Politics Because I Can’t Be Singing At 35 -9ice by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sarimah: It seems politics is the in thing now
let us contest for governership in Ph bae

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Dbanj And His New American-based Manager / Lady Gaga Buys A House Worth $24 MILLION / Obafemi Martins And His Cute Son Having A Wonderful Moment Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.