Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Is Jesus A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus A Christian? (968 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
I was sitting out with a pastor friend at maitama and he asked me this question;is Jesus a christian? I simply told him that I believe God is the God of Heaven and earth. Jesus was sent to save mankind, so whether you are a christian, muslim, buddist, hindu, etc...righteousness and salvation is a personal thing as God searches the heart. I concluded by telling him that Jesus is not a christian, but God of everyone who believe in Him and does what is right in the sight of God...Please am I right?
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
How can Christ be like Christ ?

that's the most rhetorical question I've heard all day.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by paul288yahoo(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
no

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by biafran1stson(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
U are very wrong. Doing good alone will not save, until u accept Jesus christ as ur lord and personal saviour , u are not saved. He said " I am d way, the truth and light, no one comes to my father except through me. On the other hand, Jesus is a christain. Bible made us to undstand dt christ is the head of the church. Will jesus be d head of the church witout been a christain? No. He is d founder of christainity and therefore he is a christain. But the salvation he brought is only for christains. Its for all
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by olaeffect(m): 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Elantracey: How can Christ be like Christ ?

God bless you.

help me ask him ooo, is human being a man? grin
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
olaeffect:

God bless you.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by Sanchez01: 3:40am On Sep 28, 2014
OP, your Pastor friend does not know jack! The word 'Christian' was first used in Acts when the people of Antioch saw the disciples of Christ and described them as 'Christ-like', that is CHRISTians. Your topic is dead on arrival. Sorry.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by chibwike(m): 4:12am On Sep 28, 2014
He is the son of God
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by Dassyslim: 5:22am On Sep 28, 2014
I wonder d planet he came from
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by RockMaxi: 6:27am On Sep 28, 2014
Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Christianity means "Christ like", the disciples were called Christ like in Antioch because of the resemblance in actions to Jesus Christ. So read the above scriptures and get the understanding.
The quotes from Revelation is to tell you who Jesus is.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by Truthist: 6:46am On Sep 28, 2014
Who is a Christian in the first place? A Christian is the world's term for a follower, a disciple of Jesus Christ. It is important to know that the term Christian is not inspired by the Holy Spirit. It originated from Antioch, a town given people to idol worship. The people of Jesus's day had all kinds of notions about Jesus. Some said He was Elijah; others said He was Jeremiah. They weren't wrong according to their observations. After all, He was equally and more as powerful as Elijah and emotional as Jeremiah. But Jesus was whom the Father said He was. When he was baptized in water, a voice came from heaven saying,' This is my beloved Son; in I am well pleased.' This was repeated on the Mount of Transfiguration. So who is Jesus? He is the beloved Son of God. On the other hand, let's explain things from the world's eye. A disciple is like an apprentice. He learns from his master. So in the process of time, the master and the disciple acquire the same set of knowledge and beliefs. To say Jesus is not a Christian is to say he is not the teacher of the Christian faith and life, for he taught us what we believe and live by. A mathematics teacher and his student are all mathematicians; whether the teacher is teaching something he has learnt or discovered. But Jesus is much much way more than a discoverer of truth. He himself is Truth and He teaches what he is. If His disciples are called Christians because they learn and live by His teachings, how much the teacher who is what he teaches. He is a Christian, for He is the reason we are who we are. We are because He is. Without Him, there is no us. If the world then calls us christians, how much more He who is the reason for our being. For those who say He is not a Christian and that He is for everybody, sure He is for everybody but they shouldn't forget that it is the God of everybody who taught the teachings of the so-called Christianity. If so, then he is a Christian and all other teachings are not from him. It also means that the God of everybody intended to teach everybody and therefore make everybody his disciples whom the world called Christians But man devises his own philosophies leading to all kinds of false religions.Christianity is God's way of life for man.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
am not talking about being like Him...is He only for the christians
Elantracey: How can Christ be like Christ ?

Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
so you are saying that He is not for the world but for christians alone...what about our muslim, hindu, buddist etc brothers who live "better" lives.Did God send Him for christians alone
biafran1stson: U are very wrong. Doing good alone will not save, until u accept Jesus christ as ur lord and personal saviour , u are not saved. He said " I am d way, the truth and light, no one comes to my father except through me. On the other hand, Jesus is a christain. Bible made us to undstand dt christ is the head of the church. Will jesus be d head of the church witout been a christain? No. He is d founder of christainity and therefore he is a christain. But the salvation he brought is only for christains. Its for all
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
you misunderstood my argument...am not asking if He is the Son of God...
olaeffect:

God bless you.

Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
I try to study my bible constructively...I dont interpret based on what people say or the perception of others. try to do the same and pray for guidance of the Holy Spirit
Sanchez01: OP, your Pastor friend does not know jack! The word 'Christian' was first used in Acts when the people of Antioch saw the disciples of Christ and described them as 'Christ-like', that is CHRISTians. Your topic is dead on arrival. Sorry.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
so He came for only the christians...notwithstanding the fact that the bible is the oldest authority on religion per se, you know that majority of those who brought us christianity do not believe in God. But that is aside, my concern is the interpretation of whom Jesus came for; just christians or the enrire world.
RockMaxi:

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Christianity means "Christ like", the disciples were called Christ like in Antioch because of the resemblance in actions to Jesus Christ. So read the above scriptures and get the understanding.
The quotes from Revelation is to tell you who Jesus is.

Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by RockMaxi: 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
clem305D: so He came for only the christians...notwithstanding the fact that the bible is the oldest authority on religion per se, you know that majority of those who brought us christianity do not believe in God. But that is aside, my concern is the interpretation of whom Jesus came for; just christians or the enrire world.

Twisted.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by MightySparrow: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
Muslims are referred to ad Mohammedans is Mohammed a Mohammedan?
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by MightySparrow: 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
Muslims are referred to ad Mohammedans is Mohammed a Mohammedan?

I see hypocrisy here, agabagebe.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by biafran1stson(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
clem305D: so you are saying that He is not for the world but for christians alone...what about our muslim, hindu, buddist etc brothers who live "better" lives.Did God send Him for christians alone
read the last line of my comment.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
you dont seem to get my point...am not doubting whom they are; the bible made us understand that Jesus was sent to save the whole world. We christians believe that, so do you believe that He came just for the christians; what about other religions that preach good living amongst other good virtues. They still believe in a supreme being which I believe is God. so where do they belong or end up after having lived a virtuous life...see this from an academic perspective not a religious one please
MightySparrow: Muslims are referred to ad Mohammedans is Mohammed a Mohammedan?

I see hypocrisy here, agabagebe.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
there was a typo so i misunderstood...you could be right but from the academic point of view; where do other religions which believe in the supreme being and preach good virtues just like christianity fall...I thing that from the academic perspective that Jesus came for all like I now understand you to mean...His preaching of christainity coming under the new testament does not quash the old testament as He said" I have come not to abolish the law 'old testament' but to fulfill it. The law as moses and other prophets established 'form of worship, sacrifice etc' you would agree with me seem more like idol worshiping from the new testament form. so were those prophets in the old testament non-christians from your personal view point
biafran1stson: read the last line of my comment.
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by biafran1stson(m): 12:21am On Sep 29, 2014
clem305D: there was a typo so i misunderstood...you could be right but from the academic point of view; where do other religions which believe in the supreme being and preach good virtues just like christianity fall...I thing that from the academic perspective that Jesus came for all like I now understand you to mean...His preaching of christainity coming under the new testament does not quash the old testament as He said" I have come not to abolish the law 'old testament' but to fulfill it. The law as moses and other prophets established 'form of worship, sacrifice etc' you would agree with me seem more like idol worshiping from the new testament form. so were those prophets in the old testament non-christians from your personal view point
. Believing in the supreme being and preaching and practising good virtue is not enough to save. Jesus said I am the way , the truth and life, no one comes to my father except through me. That means u must accept him as ur lord And personal saviour before u are saved. Romans 10:9-13. As for the men of the old testament,Abraham, Moses, Elijah,elisha,Samuel, e t c , all of them lived in d days of old testament and yet they live a life of obedient to God, so God knows his people. Faith in Christ Jesus doesn't apply to people of the old testament, they were justified by the laws. So at the time of ignorance God overlooks .
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2014
Academically you wrong; you know why...God is a God of yesterday, today and forever, He never changes so whether they lived in the days of the old testament matters little. If God commanded them to serve Him the way they did back then, it would still be applicable now. Notwithstanding the fact the christians believe Jesus is a christian, I have the feeling that those who live according to His precepts have a chance as well; muslims, Hindu, Buddists, etc
biafran1stson: . Believing in the supreme being and preaching and practising good virtue is not enough to save. Jesus said I am the way , the truth and life, no one comes to my father except through me. That means u must accept him as ur lord And personal saviour before u are saved. Romans 10:9-13. As for the men of the old testament,Abraham, Moses, Elijah,elisha,Samuel, e t c , all of them lived in d days of old testament and yet they live a life of obedient to God, so God knows his people. Faith in Christ Jesus doesn't apply to people of the old testament, they were justified by the laws. So at the time of ignorance God overlooks .
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by biafran1stson(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2014
clem305D: Academically you wrong; you know why...God is a God of yesterday, today and forever, He never changes so whether they lived in the days of the old testament matters little. If God commanded them to serve Him the way they did back then, it would still be applicable now. Notwithstanding the fact the christians believe Jesus is a christian, I have the feeling that those who live according to His precepts have a chance as well; muslims, Hindu, Buddists, etc
Any bible passage to support ur claims?
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
biafran1stson: . Believing in the supreme being and preaching and practising good virtue is not enough to save. Jesus said I am the way , the truth and life, no one comes to my father except through me. That means u must accept him as ur lord And personal saviour before u are saved. Romans 10:9-13. As for the men of the old testament,Abraham, Moses, Elijah,elisha,Samuel, e t c , all of them lived in d days of old testament and yet they live a life of obedient to God, so God knows his people. Faith in Christ Jesus doesn't apply to people of the old testament, they were justified by the laws. So at the time of ignorance God overlooks .
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by clem305D(m): 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hebrew 13:7...Jesus Christ is is the same yesterday, today and forever..
biafran1stson: Any bible passage to support ur claims?
Re: Is Jesus A Christian? by biafran1stson(m): 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
clem305D:
Hebrew 13:7...Jesus Christ is is the same yesterday, today and forever..
. And Wht is his general precept?. Is it Wht d Muslims , Hindu and others and doing? It is only faith in Christ Jesus that can save . Christ did not bring any other religion to us other than Christianity, galatian2:15-16 , we are not justified by the works of the law bt by faith in Christ Jesus. Any religion that is not base on d finihsed work of Christ on d cross of calvary is wrong and impure .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It a Sin For our spiritual leaders to be Keeping Hair Styles? / Hello.... / Will Animals Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.