Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,672 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. (561 Views)

The Syndrome Of:' You Must Get Pregnant For Me Before Wedding'! / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / Do You Still Pray Over Your Food Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by Donfamous(m): 12:37am On Sep 28, 2014
Guess this has become a norm in churches, some pastors will even go to the extent of telling the workers specifically not to eat before coming for Sunday service.
Well its not bad, I think they count it as fasting, even though I don't eat before leaving home on Sundays, it as become part of me, and I don't see anything special in it, it doesn't make me behave well, neither does it hinder the flow of the Holy spirit,
But my major concern is many ppl are just starving without knowing the significance, just because the pastor says so,I think there should be more concrete reason, so do u think we really have to forfeit our early Sunday breakfast cos of service?
Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by tpia6: 12:48am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by Donfamous(m): 1:29am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by kendraloops(f): 4:44am On Sep 28, 2014
I don't know about other churches but i find this practice more with the catholics. Guess its something about being in a 'state of grace' before you receive Holy Communion.
Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by ByfireByfire: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2014
Whatever you sacrifice in true humility to make your spirit ready to recieve from God in a church service is aceptable to God.Whether it be a sunday morning meal or entire days meal.

Some families & individuals abstain not because the pastor said so but rather to discipline the body or to avoid lateness arising from time used to prepare,serve,eat meals & clear the table etc.

But such abstinence shouldn't be an issue & shouldn't even be counted as a sacrifice cos most normal sunday services span between 2 to 4 hour & people are back home to eat as normal.So its no big deal as you make it appear.
Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by LordReed(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Well I think it has to do with the time required to prepare breakfast and still be in early for service. I think if you can have breakfast and still be early for church why not? Especially if you have kids. Kids can't persevere in hunger like adults.

1 Like

Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by Donfamous(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2014
kendraloops: I don't know about other churches but i find this practice more with the catholics. Guess its something about being in a 'state of grace' before you receive Holy Communion.
hmmm, that is justifiable
Re: The Syndrome Of No Food Before Service. by Donfamous(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2014
ByfireByfire: Whatever you sacrifice in true humility to make your spirit ready to recieve from God in a church service is aceptable to God.Whether it be a sunday morning meal or entire days meal.

Some families & individuals abstain not because the pastor said so but rather to discipline the body or to avoid lateness arising from time used to prepare,serve,eat meals & clear the table etc.

But such abstinence shouldn't be an issue & shouldn't even be counted as a sacrifice cos most normal sunday services span between 2 to 4 hour & people are back home to eat as normal.So its no big deal as you make it appear.
guess that's d point

(1) (Reply)

Pope Endorses Theories Of Evolution And Big Bang / Turning The Holy Bible Into Word Of Deception / Should We Give Out Gifts At Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.