Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) (765 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Stephen Keshi Vs Online Fans / Stephen Keshi VS Clemens Westerhof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Lets compare keshi and siasia using facts and figures,lets learn how to be scientific and less sentimental
Re: Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2014
Keshi is number 1 in Africa now but I cant find siasia on the list grin

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) by dabossman(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2014
Siasia coached both the Nigerian U-20 and Olympics teams to Silver medals at global tournaments. However, he failed at his very first Senior team job when he couldn't qualifier Nigeria for either the CHAN 2011 nor the AFCON 2012. He is still a good coach in my opinion.

Keshi on the other hand didn't do well at youth team level (AYC 2001), but has done better at Senior team level, coaching three different African teams (Togo, Mali and Nigeria) and qualifying two of them (Togo and Nigeria) for the senior World Cup. While he didn't get to coach Togo at the mundial, he got to lead Nigeria to the second round of the World Cup.

Keshi also led Nigeria to win AFCON 2013, becoming only the second person to win it as a player and coach. And also succeeded with CHAN where Siasia failed by qualifying Nigeria for the tourney for the first time, winning a bronze medal in the process.

Head-to-head, Keshi has done better than Siasia at Super Eagles level, although I was of the opinion that Siasia should have been given more time. I think Keshi too deserves some respect for his achievements, instead of all this ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Vs Siasia(facts Only) by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2014
dabossman: Siasia coached both the Nigerian U-20 and Olympics teams to Silver medals at global tournaments. However, he failed at his very first Senior team job when he couldn't qualifier Nigeria for either the CHAN 2011 nor the AFCON 2012. He is still a good coach in my opinion.

Keshi on the other hand didn't do well at youth team level (AYC 2001), but has done better at Senior team level, coaching three different African teams (Togo, Mali and Nigeria) and qualifying two of them (Togo and Nigeria) for the senior World Cup. While he didn't get to coach Togo at the mundial, he got to lead Nigeria to the second round of the World Cup.

Keshi also led Nigeria to win AFCON 2013, becoming only the second person to win it as a player and coach. And also succeeded with CHAN where Siasia failed by qualifying Nigeria for the tourney for the first time, winning a bronze medal in the process.

Head-to-head, Keshi has done better than Siasia at Super Eagles level, although I was of the opinion that Siasia should have been given more time. I think Keshi too deserves some respect for his achievements, instead of all this ridicule.
O p I hope dis is exactly what you are looking for.
In terms of coaching av stated dis bfor and I will keep on stating it comparing Siasia to Keshi is an aberration.
Keshi is the first black African coach to coach three different countries.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Midfielder Gives Chelsea Stability - But He's Not In The First Team. / GEORGE EQUIPMENTS Guaranteed Tested Uk Used Phones And Electronics At Discount P / Fawole John Oyeyemi: One Of Nigeria Modern Archetype Of The Game Of Chess In Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.