Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church (752 Views)

Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by charlsecy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
It is clear the authorities usually wield their sword when the common man is involved. Whether or not the leadership of the Synagogue was to blame for the collapsed building and loss of tens of lives, Nigerians and foreigners; if TB Joshua was an average landlord in Lagos [Nigeria], would he not have been detained and interrogated?

My friend staying in Lagos told me he knows many collapsed houses whose landlords have been arrested and the property confiscated by the government.

It looks like the law applies or even over-applies when the defenceless are involved.

Culpability lies in at least one of these categories of people, namely;

i, The leadership of the church.

ii, A government agency in charge of urban planning

iii, Technical team, that is, engineers, contractors, and the likes.

iv, An enemy

Depending on the nature of the circumstances surrounding the collapsed building, at least one of the above-mentioned should be questioned and/or prosecuted.

Lagos Commissioner for Physical Planning said the building had no permit. If that's true, then a part of the blame falls squarely on the leadership of the Synagogue. Penalty for violation of building laws should be pursued and implemented. That way, there is will be confidence on the part of the people that the law is meant not only for the ordinary men and women, but also for the influential. If the church officials believe they have approval, they should present the documents.

Culpability may lie with government agencies in charge of building and urban development in Lagos, if they allowed themselves to be compromised and the building erected without adequate supervision and approval. In this case, the leadership of the church is also culpable for being associated with unwholesome conduct.

The technical team should be prosecuted if it was found that that they used sub-standard or insufficient materials for the construction of the building even though their client had provided enough financial resources. In this case, the leadership of the church is blameless and may even be entitled to compensation.

Or was the disaster orchestrated by an enemy? TB Joshua made mention of an aircraft that that flew low above the building a number of times before the building collapsed. The possibility of that happening should also be ascertained by experts. If that was the case, it is up to the authorities to trace and bring the perpetrators to book, and the bereaved and the church "fully" compensated.

2 Likes

Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by Mention(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
In case
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by charlsecy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mention: In case
Mature response, please!
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by lomprico(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mention: In case
State ur point on d matter n stop being childish.
@op have u not been in Nigeria all along? Don't u know there r sacred cows in this our society? We run a system of George Orwell's Animal farm type of government in this country! Mark my words "nobody will touch him on this matter"

1 Like

Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by Gombs(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by latinojives(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
when your topic reads "view" i was hoping to see a photo atleast... embarassed
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by lomprico(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
latinojives: when your topic reads "view" i was hoping to see a photo atleast... embarassed
DUMB! undecided

1 Like

Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by Mention(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
lomprico:
State ur point on d matter n stop being childish.
@op have u not been in Nigeria all along? Don't u know there r sacred cows in this our society? We run a system of George Orwell's Animal farm type of government in this country! Mark my words "nobody will touch him on this matter"
In ya mind, you just made a point abi??
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by Mention(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
charlsecy:
Mature response, please!
Na force?
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by charlsecy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mention:
Na force?
No.

latinojives: when your topic reads "view" i was hoping to see a photo atleast... embarassed
Changed to viewpoint, but view on shouldn't have confused you, because it's in order.
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by hushmail: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
truly, someone must be held accountable

the engineers, the contractors, the foreman, the owner, the govt agency etc.

as for the plane story, I dont believe it.

even if the plane flew over the building at low altitude 4 times nko?

na only the collapse building dey that area?

why others no follow collapse?

unless na the chemical attack story
dem wan give us

grin grin
Re: A Wholistic Viewpoint On The Collapsed Guest House at the Synagogue Church by lomprico(m): 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mention:
In ya mind, you just made a point abi??
Yes! And that is what is expected of you.

(1) (Reply)

Bird Turns To Old Woman In Lagos / Meet The Church Of England (Anglican Communion's) First Ever Female Bishop! / How Can One Strengthen His Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.