Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. (1796 Views)

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' / Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hmmmm,there is this girl I love and who loves me too very much,But there is a problem she is SS But I am AA, all our children would be AS But That's not the problem,the problem now is that am scared.

She told me she is among the lucky few SS that is living a good life. She told me she has never been hospitalized for any pain crises,she has only been hospitalized twice in her life Which was due to malaria,and I know she is not lying. She said her health keeps improving by the years That's she is getting more attentive, and It's only back pain crises she do have 3 times a year of recent and by taking her medications and getting a massage the pains would go after some few hours, no other sickle cellhours disease complications So that makes her lucky.

But my fear now is that will she live long? Does being a lucky SS guarantee long life (up to 70 years) I can't stand losing someone I love after years of being together in marriage, That's my only fear and am facing a serious dilemma, I just want to know,will she live long?
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by tchigofigo(m): 12:01am On Sep 29, 2014
well, she'l definitely get married smday won't she? and her best option is an AA isn't it?? u do luv her plenty dn't u?? ?..and u'd prefer she lives wit sm1 else other than u and supposedly 'not live long' aight? get the answers to these questions n u'l c dt u r nt confused in any way..

4 Likes

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Funjosh(m): 6:47am On Sep 29, 2014
People Die everyday. AA, AS, AC, AD, AP, APC, SC, SS, SD, SE even PDP. So Tell me what make you think if you marry someonelse guarantee long life

2 Likes

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nutase: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2014
I know an ss patient that is in his 60's and waxing stronger.
If u love her please go ahead and wife her.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by floragregs(f): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Dude wake up and smell the coffee!
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
floragregs: Dude wake up and smell the coffee!

Which coffee Abeg translate ur slang.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Royal30: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dapo777: Hmmmm,there is this girl I love and who loves me too very much,But there is a problem she is SS But I am AA, all our children would be AS But That's not the problem,the problem now is that am scared.

She told me she is among the lucky few SS that is living a good life. She told me she has never been hospitalized for any pain crises,she has only been hospitalized twice in her life Which was due to malaria,and I know she is not lying. She said her health keeps improving by the years That's she is getting more attentive, and It's only back pain crises she do have 3 times a month of recent and by taking her medications and getting a massage the pains would go after some few hours, no other sickle cellhours disease complications So that makes her lucky.

But my fear now is that will she live long? Does being a lucky SS guarantee long life (up to 70 years) I can't stand losing someone I love after years of being together in marriage, That's my only fear and am facing a serious dilemma, I just want to know,will she live long?

Are u so sure this is ur only problem with her? If yes....How old r u?
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by floragregs(f): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dapo777:

Which coffee Abeg translate ur slang.
the coffee is to face reality. It's either u wanna marry a girl or u don't wanna! So be realistic and make ur simple choice and move on. That's all.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Royal30:

Are u so sure this is ur only problem with her? If yes....How old r u?

Yes That's the only problem and of What importance is that information to the problem?
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
floragregs: the coffee is to face reality. It's either u wanna marry a girl or u don't wanna! So be realistic and make ur simple choice and move on. That's all.

Ok
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hi there, I'm happy you found true love, it's quite difficult to find. Please don't worry about her genotype since you're AA and the kids won't be affected. We all have one life to live and you should live yours with whom you truly love, life is short.

She seems lovely from the little you've told us about her, quite smart too. Shes been doing fine all her life and I'm sure she'll continue taking good care of herself, she knows what she needs to do to stay as healthy as possible.

Don't worry, people die everyday including AA, she'll be alright, just keep doing the best you can for her and leave the rest to God. Enjoy her and the sweet love she has to offer you while you both still have each other, I wish you both all the best as you move on in life smiley
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
xcelsia: Hi there, I'm happy you found true love, it's quite difficult to find. Please don't worry about her genotype since you're AA and the kids won't be affected. We all have one life to live and you should live yours with whom you truly love, life is short.

She seems lovely from the little you've told us about her, quite smart too. Shes been doing fine all her life and I'm sure she'll continue taking good care of herself, she knows what she needs to do to stay as healthy as possible.

Don't worry, people die everyday including AA, she'll be alright, just keep doing the best you can for her and leave the rest to God. Enjoy her and the sweet love she has to offer you while you both still have each other, I wish you both all the best as you move on in life smiley

I made a mistake,the pain crises is thrice in a year not in a month. She is very strong compared to other SS patient But my dad has adviced me before not to marry SS because he knows of an SS wife that died within a year into marriage,So you get my fear? And the way she loves me is not any I have experienced before.
I just need to know If It's possible for SS to reach age 80 with adequate Care and love.......please let me know the odds.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Dapo777:
I made a mistake,the pain crises is thrice in a year not in a month. She is very strong compared to other SS patient But my dad has adviced me before not to marry SS because he knows of an SS wife that died within a year into marriage,So you get my fear? And the way she loves me is not any I have experienced before.
I just need to know If It's possible for SS to reach age 80 with adequate Care and love.......please let me know the odds.
You mentioned your father's advice, I guess you already know what you want to do in your heart but only need a few suggestions here to justify your intent.

I can see that you are afraid, it's understandable, it means you're a real human with feelings so it's completely okay. The only thing I will say that can actually be a deterrent to you marrying this girl is childbirth as it might end up being very difficult for her and eventually quite frustrating for you if you don't have the right amount of patience.

It's possible for her to go through pregnancy and give birth like others but chances are higher than normal for the risks involved in pregnancy with individuals that have compromised health.

Besides that, the odds are in her favour. People live long lives with HIV, Asthma, SS etc, they even live longer than a lot of us that are healthy because they go the extra length to be cautious and maintain good health.

After reading your concerns about this issue, my candid advice is for you to move on and marry someone else. You love her but your love for her is not enough, if it were enough, you wouldn't be this confused on what to do. She's a nice girl, set her free so that someone can love her unconditionally even if all she has to offer that person is only 15 more years. Be at peace, good luck smiley
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2014
xcelsia: You mentioned your father's advice, I guess you already know what you want to do in your heart but only need a few suggestions here to justify your intent.

I can see that you are afraid, it's understandable, it means you're a real human with feelings so it's completely okay. The only thing I will say that can actually be a deterrent to you marrying this girl is childbirth as it might end up being very difficult for her and eventually quite frustrating for you if you don't have the right amount of patience.

It's possible for her to go through pregnancy and give birth like others but chances are higher than normal for the risks involved in pregnancy with individuals that have compromised health.

Besides that, the odds are in her favour. People live long lives with HIV, Asthma, SS etc, they even live longer than a lot of us that are healthy because they go the extra length to be cautious and maintain good health.

After reading your concerns about this issue, my candid advice is for you to move on and marry someone else. You love her but your love for her is not enough, if it were enough, you wouldn't be this confused on what to do. She's a nice girl, set her free so that someone can love her unconditionally even if all she has to offer that person is only 15 more years. Be at peace, good luck smiley

I can't marry someone else Since you have cleared my doubts that people with SS can live even longer lives than those with AA, well concerning the child delivery stuffs,a woman with 4 children who is also SS told her Mum that pain crises is more terrible than the pains of child delivery,So I would assume she can cope with child delivery Since she has experienced something worse. You can't blame me for the doubt,I thought being SS was a death sentence,now I know better. Even If she has 15 more years to spend on earth let it be with me not another person.

1 Like

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by tchigofigo(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2014
xcelsia: You mentioned your father's advice, I guess you already know what you want to do in your heart but only need a few suggestions here to justify your intent.

did u just say it all?! U sure did. WORD!

1 Like

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dapo777:

I can't marry someone else Since you have cleared my doubts that people with SS can live even longer lives than those with AA, well concerning the child delivery stuffs,a woman with 4 children who is also SS told her Mum that pain crises is more terrible than the pains of child delivery,So I would assume she can cope with child delivery Since she has experienced something worse. You can't blame me for the doubt,I thought being SS was a death sentence,now I know better. Even If she has 15 more years to spend on earth let it be with me not another person.
Yay I'm so proud of you, viva forever!! I love happy endings, congratulations and wish you both a blissful marriage cheesy
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by tchiwinnie: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Its nt in our power to say who will live long and who wont. SS is nt a death sentence.She can save herself d pain of childbirth by opting for elective CS.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
xcelsia: Yay I'm so proud of you, viva forever!! I love happy endings, congratulations and wish you both a blissful marriage cheesy

Yh Anyway am still young to be thinking about marriage for now,she was the one who brought up marriage topic,you know how girls take marriage with the highest esteem,for now I am still working on establishing myself and becoming financially independent cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dapo777:

Yh Anyway am still young to be thinking about marriage for now,she was the one who brought up marriage topic,you know how girls take marriage with the highest esteem,for now I am still working on establishing myself and becoming financially independent cheesy
Lol you ehn, one simply can't win with you. Ok that's good and responsible, make that money wink
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Royal30: 12:21am On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:

This is exactly the reason I was asking how old you are......you still have enough time to check tins out
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Royal30:

This is exactly the reason I was asking how old you are......you still have enough time to check tins out

Tins like?
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2014
xcelsia: Lol you ehn, one simply can't win with you. Ok that's good and responsible, make that money wink
She says that too cheesy ,and u chat like her "you ehnnn" lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:
She says that too cheesy ,and u chat like her "you ehnnn" lipsrsealed
Lol tell her she has a guardian angel on naira land wink
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
xcelsia: Lol tell her she has a guardian angel on naira land wink
As in ehnnn,no other word fits u wink

1 Like

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:
As in ehnnn,no other word fits u wink
Hahahahaha if I'm in Nigeria at the time of your wedding I'd love to attend and meet you guys, save an invitation card for me o smiley
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
xcelsia: Hahahahaha if I'm in Nigeria at the time of your wedding I'd love to attend and meet you guys, save an invitation card for me o smiley
Really? shocked
Ok then follow back,I just followed you now,there is something I have to tell u.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:
Really? shocked
Ok then follow back,I just followed you now,there is something I have to tell u.
Lol oh really like a secret? Hahaha you're too funny lol. I apologize but I decided not to follow anyone so I can stay focused on answering health questions and helping people but you can send me a PM when you guys are ready for the wedding and I'll check if it coincides with one of my visits to Nigeria.

My parents are back there, they don't like visiting the United States as often as I would like them to so I visit Nigeria a lot, sometimes 3 but usually 4 times a year.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
xcelsia: Lol oh really like a secret? Hahaha you're too funny lol. I apologize but I decided not to follow anyone so I can stay focused on answering health questions and helping people but you can send me a PM when you guys are ready for the wedding and I'll check if it coincides with one of my visits to Nigeria.

My parents are back there, they don't like visiting the United States as often as I would like them to so I visit Nigeria a lot, sometimes 3 but usually 4 times a year.
Ok But why are you red-mailing me into marriage? cheesy
Nairaland is like twitter, If you don't follow me I can't pm you.
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:
Ok But why are you red-mailing me into marriage? cheesy
Nairaland is like twitter, If you don't follow me I can't pm you.
Hahahaha @red-mailing, no more black-mailing? Oh goodness you're too funny lmao!! Wait o, but you created a thread for your girl, you had marriage on your mind so that's why I said I would love to attend. Ok sorry no more red-mail lol.

Oh is that how the PM thing here works? I got a bunch of emails from different people on Nairaland and it said something about me not being connected to them so I have to reply the email and bla bla bla, I didn't bother replying any lol.

So you want to be the first person I'll follow? I have to see if you're intelligent because another reason I don't follow anyone is to avoid losing brain cells from following rubbish. I'll give you a probationary period after which I'll decide to, so far so good though, you're funny smiley
Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
xcelsia: Hahahaha @red-mailing, no more black-mailing? Oh goodness you're too funny lmao!! Wait o, but you created a thread for your girl, you had marriage on your mind so that's why I said I would love to attend. Ok sorry no more red-mail lol.

Oh is that how the PM thing here works? I got a bunch of emails from different people on Nairaland and it said something about me not being connected to them so I have to reply the email and bla bla bla, I didn't bother replying any lol.

So you want to be the first person I'll follow? I have to see if you're intelligent because another reason I don't follow anyone is to avoid losing brain cells from following rubbish. I'll give you a probationary period after which I'll decide to, so far so good though, you're funny smiley

Haaaaaa, am I preparing for an exam? Maybe I should keep the lil secret to myself.

1 Like

Re: Am Scared Of Marrying An SS Patient,advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dapo777:

Haaaaaa, am I preparing for an exam? Maybe I should keep the lil secret to myself.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Disadvantage Of Science / What Is Gaurapad Mens Health Or Prostate Plaster? Lagos Lekki VI Marina Akute Ma / What Is The Hole On A _Penis Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.