Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Biggest Lesson I Learned From Jack Ma: Founder Of Alibaba.com - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Biggest Lesson I Learned From Jack Ma: Founder Of Alibaba.com (502 Views)

Photo - Your Biggest Lesson In 2016? / Life Lesson: The Richest Man In The Society Of Then. (photo) / CPAfrica.com's Interview With Seun Osewa, Founder Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Lesson I Learned From Jack Ma: Founder Of Alibaba.com by solutionfort: 3:52am On Sep 29, 2014
"If You’re Poor At 35, You Deserve It"
Before Jack Ma founded Alibaba, he invited 24 of his friends to his house to discuss a business opportunity. After discussing for a full two hours, his friends were still confused — He have to said to himself that "I may not have put myself across in a clear manner manner then". 23 out of the 24 people in the room told me to drop the idea, for a multitude of reasons, such as: ‘you do not know anything about the internet, and more prominently, you do not have the start-up capital for this’ etc etc.

Only one of his friend (who was working in a bank then) who told him, “If you want to do it, just try it. If things don’t work out the way you expected it to, you can always revert back to what you were doing before.” He pondered upon this advice for one night, and by the next morning, he decided he would do it anyway, even if all of the 24 people opposed the idea.

To succeed in life, you just need to try something out. There's never a perfect time under the sun to start something. 2014 is already clock ticks down and many Nigerians will still be gripped in deciding the kind of business they will like to venture into that will turn their financial life around.
Go to www.mobilemarketingforts.com for a helpful information that will really do you good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Quotes From Great Men / Live Nairaland Birthday Party / Dangote Slashes Cemen Price To Ordinary N1,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.