Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship (1006 Views)

FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust / LASU Students Get Excess Fee Refund / Two UNILORIN Students Get Merrill Lynch Appointments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
A new set of 10 female medical students of the University of Ilorin have joined the list of beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme instituted by Media Trust Limited, publishers of the Daily Trust, Weekly Trust, Sunday Trust and Aminiya.
The new beneficiaries were presented with their cheques at a ceremony held at the College of Health Sciences last Wednesday (September 24, 2014).
Under the medical scholarship scheme instituted by the company seven years ago, 10 female students from three benefitting universities in the three geo-political zones of Northern Nigeria are selected annually and awarded scholarship to the tune of N100, 000 until the completion of their medical training.

Other benefitting universities are the University of Maiduguri (North-East Zone), Usman Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto (North-West Zone). The University of Ilorin is selected from the North-Central Zone.
The Provost, College of Health Sciences, University of Ilorin, Prof. Wahab Johnson, described the initiative of Media Trust as a laudable one, which would go a long way in encouraging the female students and elevating them to be at par with their male counterparts.

Prof. Johnson said, “It was a pleasant information to note that you have aptly selected the so-called weaker sex, they are no longer weak anyway. I think your philosophy of wanting to encourage or elevate the other gender to get to class with the male gender is a laudable one. I want to pray that this association with us will not be something that would fritter away in the shortest possible time. I also want to pray that whatever you are doing in terms of community service, I understand it is not only this state you are extending this to, God in his infinite mercy will replace wherever it is coming from.”
The Provost noted that “it is not easy for a profit-making company to do this kind of thing. Media Trust is not the only media organisation but it is noteworthy that you are probably the only one that has identified this area of community service”.
Prof. Johnson called for more areas of support from the company in terms of building hostels and improving the infrastructures of the college.
More details at http://acadablog.com/10-female-unilorin-medical-students-get-daily-trust-scholarship/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwaiffymi(f): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
unilorin students getting scholarships since 1975.

i love my alma mata.
i love better by far
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by SIRKLEM(m): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
It was a pleasant information
to note that you have aptly selected the so-called
weaker sex, they are no longer weak anyway......VERY TRUE

1 Like

Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
SIRKLEM: It was a pleasant information
to note that you have aptly selected the so-called
weaker sex, they are no longer weak anyway......VERY TRUE

true talk bro.
some of them can beat me up big time

1 Like

Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by princealbashir: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Unilorin students, always getting scholarships while haters keep hating. Love the school. really Better by Far..
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
[quote
author=princealbashir]Unilorin students, always getting scholarships
while haters keep hating. Love the school. really Better by
Far..[/quote]
though some say its better by stress.
btw which dept do you rep?
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
oluwaiffymi: unilorin students getting scholarships since 1975.

very true
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by princealbashir: 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
oluwadanie1:
though some say its better by stress.
btw which dept do you rep?

PLB 300L. You?
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
princealbashir:

PLB 300L. You?

MCB 100L.
we're actually brothers.
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by princealbashir: 9:27am On Sep 30, 2014
oluwadanie1:

MCB 100L.
we're actually brothers.

Yea sure. You're in school already??
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
princealbashir:

Yea sure. You're in school already??

nop, till 10th oct
its 200L MCB not 100L
i made a mistake
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by princealbashir: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
oluwadanie1:

nop, till 10th oct
its 200L MCB not 100L
i made a mistake

Aiit. Let me know when you're around.
Re: 10 Female Unilorin Medical Students Get Daily Trust Scholarship by oluwadanie1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
princealbashir:

Aiit. Let me know when you're around.

ok, no p

(1) (Reply)

Should we be more concerned about our academic results? / It's A Pity We Don't Have Active Statistians On Nairaland / Invitation For NITDA Msc Selection Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.