Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:12 PM

My Friend Was Duped - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Friend Was Duped (2269 Views)

Hilarious New Year Resolution My Friend Sent Me On Whatsapp / Hilarious Photo: What Will You Do If Your Best Friend Was In This Position? / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Was Duped by uzolexis(f): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Days like this,i'm so sad to be a Nigerian. Don't get me wrong I love 9ja die but there are times i wish things were different.

A very good friend of mine (he's Costa Rican) was duped by a Nigerian. He was looking for an apartment in Germany and came across this Nigerian guy that supposedly has an apartment for rent. Anyway to cut the long story short,this 9ja guy collected the money and dissapeared,doesn't reply his messages anymore etc. I felt really bad when he told me this cause he's a very dear friend,he even has a NL account which i convinced him to open some months ago even though he's not so active,his handle is dimkpaeze and hopefully he'll come and share the story but right now he's sad and so am I.

As if this is not enough one of my Professors told me this:
Some Nigerians were supposed to come for a course in my university and he's the head of the faculty. He was told to write what it would entail to make it happen and the cost too (i think it was a government funded project). He did all these and the final budget was about 20,000 euros. When he had a meeting with the Nigerian who was in charge of the project, the guy told him he was really pleased and all and that everything was in order apart from the cost and was beating around the bush. My professor said he didnt understand what the guy meant and the guy went ahead to tell my Professor to inflate the price to 200,000 euros so they could share the extra money. My Professor was enraged,he said he would not do that and refused to take part in the project.
I was really embarrassed when I heard this,cause this was not even a private but government issue cry cry cry

Please if you are guilty of this,scamming pple,inflating prices stop,honestly it's saddening cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Duped by dkronicle(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Re: My Friend Was Duped by Pronmix(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Really sad, irresponsible fo0ls disrespecting our national pride overseas.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Duped by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Just because they wanna build houses like their mates its so annoying they don't care if that's your last cash, that's how a girl collected 1500 euros from a friend to help her search for an apartment, cos she was having problem with the cops, the girl jst disappeared into thin air. Nd dat was her last cash,
Re: My Friend Was Duped by uzolexis(f): 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
alexdellafonte: Just because they wanna build houses like their mates its so annoying they don't care if that's your last cash, that's how a girl collected 1500 euros from a friend to help her search for an apartment, cos she was having problem with the cops, the girl jst disappeared into thin air. Nd dat was her last cash,
Christ 1500 euros shocked shocked shocked that's wickedness
Re: My Friend Was Duped by dimkpaeze(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Hello guys,

I think it will be very difficult to do anything about the people that deceived me, I write here hoping that you don't get scammed as I was.
The story is quite complicated so I will just tell you the important parts.

I just finished my studies and I am currently in Germany looking for a job. Because of several reasons I have just 1 month left here and that made finding a place very difficult, since everybody asks for a 6-months contract.
Given that I was having problems on finding a place, I accepted to try and rent a room from a guy that claimed to be English and be living in England. Everything made sense until he asked me to prove that I had the money for the rent. He asked me to deposit via WesternUnion the money to a third party: one of my friends. The plan was to cancel the transfer once he was here. I believed that it was acceptable since the proof of my commitment to him will be the commission that I needed to pay to WesternUnion.
At the end this person withdrew the money from WesternUnion. WU assured me that for doing so, he needed to show a valid ID, so I suppose he falsified one and impersonated my friend.
I know I have a lot of responsibility on what happened cause I trusted him but I just couldn't believe he would impersonate my friend. undecided

Anyway, the reason that I believe he is nigerian is because he asked me at some point to deposit some other money to "his lawyer": William Olelakan, Dirección: 2b Ademunmi Estate. Ikeja. Lagos. Nigeria.
The apartment was supposed to be located at Rosenbergstraße 56, 70176, Stuttgart.
The the person that pretended to be the landlord said to be Tobias Hug, e-mail: ijebuomoalare@gmail.com and cellphone +447534391512.
After I discovered him he removed the photo (I guess fake) from WhatsApp and a Facebook account that seemed perfectly normal.

I totally believe in you guys, because of my good friend uzolexis, I will just be very careful with everyone from now one.

uzolexis: Days like this,i'm so sad to be a Nigerian. Don't get me wrong I love 9ja die but there are times i wish things were different.

A very good friend of mine (he's Costa Rican) was duped by a Nigerian. He was looking for an apartment in Germany and came across this Nigerian guy that supposedly has an apartment for rent. Anyway to cut the long story short,this 9ja guy collected the money and dissapeared,doesn't reply his messages anymore etc. I felt really bad when he told me this cause he's a very dear friend,he even has a NL account which i convinced him to open some months ago even though he's not so active,his handle is dimkpaeze and hopefully he'll come and share the story but right now he's sad and so am I.

Some Nigerians were supposed to come for a course in my university and he's the head of the faculty. He was told to write what it would entail to make it happen and the cost too (i think it was a government funded project). He did all these and the final budget was about 20,000 euros. When he had a meeting with the Nigerian who was in charge of the project, the guy told him he was really pleased and all and that everything was in order apart from the cost and was beating around the bush. My professor said he didnt understand what the guy meant and the guy went ahead to tell my Professor to inflate the price to 200,000 euros so they could share the extra money. My Professor was enraged,he said he would not do that and refused to take part in the project.
I was really embarrassed when I heard this,cause this was not even a private but government issue cry cry cry

Please if you are guilty of this,scamming pple,inflating prices stop,honestly it's saddening cry cry
Re: My Friend Was Duped by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 06, 2014
dimkpaeze:
Hello guys,

I think it will be very difficult to do anything about the people that deceived me, I write here hoping that you don't get scammed as I was.

I just finished my studies and I am currently in Germany looking for a job. Because of several reasons I have just 1 month left here and that made finding a place very difficult, since everybody asks for a 6-months contract.
Given that I was having problems on finding a place, I accepted to try and rent a room from a guy that claimed to be English and be living in England. Everything made sense until he asked me to prove that I had the money for the rent. He asked me to deposit via WesternUnion the money to a third party: one of my friends. The plan was to cancel the transfer once he was here. I believed that it was acceptable since the proof of my commitment to him will be the commission that I needed to pay to WesternUnion.
At the end this person withdrew the money from WesternUnion. WU assured me that for doing so, he needed to show a valid ID, so I suppose he falsified one and impersonated my friend.
I know I have a lot of responsibility on what happened cause I trusted him but I just couldn't believe he would impersonate my friend. undecided

Anyway, the reason that I believe he is nigerian is because he asked me at some point to deposit some other money to "his lawyer": William Olelakan, Dirección: 2b Ademunmi Estate. Ikeja. Lagos. Nigeria.
The apartment was supposed to be located at Rosenbergstraße 56, 70176, Stuttgart.
The the person that pretended to be the landlord said to be Tobias Hug, e-mail: ijebuomoalare@gmail.com and cellphone +447534391512.
After I discovered him he removed the photo (I guess fake) from WhatsApp and a Facebook account that seemed perfectly normal.

I totally believe in you guys, because of my good friend uzolexis, I will just be very careful with everyone from now one.

It was just unfortunate u stumbled across one bad egg nigerian. But then, Nigeria as a country or Nigerians as people cannot be regarded as bad or fraudulent just because some insignificant number of fraudulent nigerians seize opportunities to defraud naïve foreigners. There are reports on Nigerians who discovered huge sums of money in their taxi-operated cars, and took it back to its owners. The way you have bad egg nigerians in fraudulent practices, is the same way you have espionage Americans, Racist Germans, homosexual British, indian women molesters and rapists.
So you see, social and economic vice is found in every country.
Well, I'm so sorry for that ugly experince you had.

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Duped by dimkpaeze(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am sure nigerians are great people, the best proof is my friend uzolexis and that's why I joined here. My idea on sharing my story was just to prevent others from doing the same, that's why I shared all the data I have from them.
Don't doubt that my idea of you being happy people and very friendly is intact wink

Marc9:
It was just unfortunate u stumbled across one bad egg nigerian. But then, Nigeria as a country or Nigerians as people cannot be regarded as bad or fraudulent just because some insignificant number of fraudulent nigerians seize opportunities to defraud naïve foreigners. There are reports on Nigerians who discovered huge sums of money in their taxi-operated cars, and took it back to its owners. The way you have bad egg nigerians in fraudulent practices, is the same way you have espionage Americans, Racist Germans, homosexual British, indian women molesters and rapists.
So you see, social and economic vice is found in every country.
Well, I'm so sorry for that ugly experince you had.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Duped by ennydoc: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
uzolexis:
Days like this,i'm so sad to be a Nigerian. Don't get me wrong I love 9ja die but there are times i wish things were different.

Really sad...kinda makes living abroad more difficult. And things would be different soon, I'm working on it
Re: My Friend Was Duped by uzolexis(f): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
ennydoc:

Really sad...kinda makes living abroad more difficult. And things would be different soon, I'm working on it

Lol...ur working on it?
Shey u want 2 be president ni?
Re: My Friend Was Duped by ennydoc: 3:15am On Oct 17, 2014
uzolexis:

Lol...ur working on it?
Shey u want 2 be president ni?

still making consultations smiley
Re: My Friend Was Duped by CodeHouse: 3:30am On Oct 17, 2014
If it is all true, then I feel your pain
Re: My Friend Was Duped by Deepfreezer(m): 6:18am On Oct 25, 2014
dimkpaeze:
Hello guys,

IM SO SO SORRY BROTHER. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY BIG PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS.
believe me for scamming you he will shoulder all your problem rest of his life. As God will replenish ur pocket a million fold.
I'm so ashamed ritenow.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Duped by born2boink(m): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2014
Do not listen to all these people writing junk stories, there are good people in nigeria but to be honest, we do not trust each other in nigeria. We live in the era of" Egungun be careful" (masquerade watch).

Nigeria is full of different characters while those in foreign land painting our name red, we sit in at home accepting our fate. Soka or Sambissa forest, wealthy Pastor nko are part of nigeria dictionary ? I will remain speechless till Seun osewa send this to frontage. Say no to scam. We have good Nigerians like me and my co. We don't play games, we don't hurt, we believe in negotion and fulfilment of promises. We don't hide under bible to do evil, our heart is pure.

"Say no to fraud"
Re: My Friend Was Duped by uzolexis(f): 10:08am On Oct 25, 2014
born2fuck:
Do not listen to all these people writing junk stories, there are good people in nigeria but to be honest, we do not trust each other in nigeria. We live in the era of" Egungun be careful" (masquerade watch).

Nigeria is full of different characters while those in foreign land painting our name red, we sit in at home accepting our fate. Soka or Sambissa forest, wealthy Pastor nko are part of nigeria dictionary ? I will remain speechless till Seun osewa send this to frontage. Say no to scam. We have good Nigerians like me and my co. We don't play games, we don't hurt, we believe in negotion and fulfilment of promises. We don't hide under bible to do evil, our heart is pure.

"Say no to fraud"

Deepfreezer:
IM SO SO SORRY BROTHER. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY BIG PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS.
believe me for scamming you he will shoulder all your problem rest of his life. As God will replenish ur pocket a million fold.
I'm so ashamed ritenow.

I feel better reading these comments. it's just sad that the bad eggs keep overshadowing the good works of the beautiful pple of Nigeria but anyway we are still a great pple smiley

CodeHouse:
If it is all true, then I feel your pain

I won't fabricate a story like this,it's too sensitive an issue to do such,so yes it is true.
Re: My Friend Was Duped by Deepfreezer(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
uzolexis:

I feel better reading these comments. it's just sad that the bad eggs keep overshadowing the good works of the beautiful pple of Nigeria but anyway we are still a great pple smiley

I won't fabricate a story like this,it's too sensitive an issue to do such,so yes it is true.
its alrite.

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating Nairaland's Legend: ISHILOVE / Amazing And Interesting Facts That You Didn't Know. / Police Is Your Friend,is He Saving The Situation Or Enjoying The Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.