Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

What Your Shoes Reveal About You - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Your Shoes Reveal About You (957 Views)

Make Your Shoes At Affordable Price / Ways To Give Your Shoes A Makeover / 10 Ways To Lace Your Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Your Shoes Reveal About You by Joshuadon: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
From a young age we're told that our inner qualities matter more than the clothes we wear — but did you know that your shoes can actually speak volumes to strangers?

According to a study by researchers, people could accurately determine a stranger’s age, gender and income just by looking at their shoes.

While that isn't necessarily surprising, what did make researchers take notice was the second level of analysis. Participants in the study could also tell whether another person was clingy and insecure in her close relationships, or more laid-back and relaxed, based on the shoes she wore.

"Shoes serve a practical purpose, and also serve as non-verbal clues with symbolic messages," said Dr Angela Bahns, one of the study's authors. "People tend to pay attention to the shoes they wear."

Shoes that were flashy, bright and colorful belonged to extroverts, while ankle boots fit with more aggressive personalities, and uncomfortable looking shoes were worn by calm personalities.

Shoes that were not always new but kept immaculate and well cared for belong to people with conscientious personalities. Practical and functional shoes that still showed some style belonged to agreeable people.

Interestingly, people who wore boring shoes tended to have a hard time forming relationships because the wearers were found to be emotionally "aloof and repressive." They also didn't care what others thought of them — which is admirable on one hand, but it also meant that they didn't stand out in their general appearance.

Shoes may be the last clothing item you put on, but they're clearly a critical part of a person's wardrobe, reinforcing how you're judged in business and personal relationships.

Wear those shoes ARIGHT !

1 Share

Re: What Your Shoes Reveal About You by ifaoni(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
hmm, owk
Re: What Your Shoes Reveal About You by Lilimax(f): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
If this could be said of shoes, how about the legs that wear it? smiley

1 Like

Re: What Your Shoes Reveal About You by hertz9te(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
I smell frontpage
Re: What Your Shoes Reveal About You by Kingdre(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
undecided cheesy grin my shoe ain't Revealing anything to me
all I know is that seize 45 will never seize my leg lailai
long legs things but 46 is ok not to long tho
Re: What Your Shoes Reveal About You by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2014
idk. I buy a shoe i like and use the life out of it. Split between delicate and rugged.

(1) (Reply)

Sonam Kapoor Turns ‘punk’ Bride For ‘dolly Ki Doli’ / Latest Ankara Jackets Styles Trending For The Season / 4 Fashion Trends That Came Back And Our Ladies Are Rocking Perfectly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.