Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder (1466 Views)

Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA / CV Of Africa's youngest PH.D holder Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Screen Shot ) / Olaoluwa Hallowed-Oluwadara Is Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/168828-ekiti-to-honour-africas-youngest-ph-d-holder-as-buhari-commissions-parapo-square.html

Africa’s youngest Ph.D holder, Hallowed
Oluwadara Olaoluwa, is among 29 Ekiti
indigenes who would be honoured with
the state’s merit award in the 2014 edition
of the annual event billed for Ado-Ekiti on
Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
The Ekiti State-born Dr. Olaoluwa
stormed the academic world earlier in the
year when he bagged his Ph.D in
Mathematics from the University of Lagos
at the age of 24.
He is considered the youngest ever in the
continent. He will be receiving the award
in the academic and research category.
According to a statement by the Chief
Press Secretary to the Governor, Olayinka
Oyebode, this year’s merit award would
hold at the Ekiti Parapo Square which will
be commissioned same day.
The 12,000-seater square, described as
one of the legacy projects of the Fayemi
administration, would be commissioned
by former Head of State, General
Muhammadu Buhari, supported by other
eminent Nigerians.
Other distinguished Ekitis to be honoured
include the first Nigerian Professor of
Mathematics, the late Prof Adegoke
Olubunmo and foremost historian, the
late Emeritus Professor Jacob Ade-Ajayi,
who would be awarded post humously.
Elemure Ogunyemi, a chief, who recently
passed on would also receive a post
humous award.
Also on the list are Elizabeth Adegbite, a
former President of the Institute of
Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN);
ace musician, Yinka Ayefele; Emily
Olaboye , a respected mat weaver and
Jude Michael Osagwu, who won the Best
Teacher in Nigeria Award in 2013.
The State Commissioner for Special
Duties, Apalara Wole-Adewunmi, who is
chairman of the planning committee, said
the award is to recognise excellence
among citizens and residents of the state
who have distinguished themselves in
different ways.
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by lirusehn(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2014
PHD? 29?

#Inspired smiley
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Gbolask24(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Whose business is this for christ sake?. abeg did anybody help me see my Blackberry charger ?
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by gede7744(f): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
good one. but why buari and not Jonathan?

by d way bros, why dis u reject d national honour
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Olaskybab: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
lirusehn: PHD? 29?

#Inspired smiley
bros,I guess u no read dz tin wella...........go bak nd read nw nd tell me his age kiakia

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2014

#Inspired smiley
It's 24 not 29
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
gede7744: good one. but why buari and not Jonathan?

by d way bros, why dis u reject d national honour
He didnt say he rejected national honour. He just had something more pressing to do that day.
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by gede7744(f): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
Aamoo: He didnt say he rejected national honour. He just had something more pressing to do that day.

pls are u in his cabinet
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by davidflipcy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
Cool
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Exjoker(m): 12:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Way forward. He deserve to be honoured...who ever sponsor him shul be inclusive in the award also
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Iceman296: 3:34am On Oct 01, 2014
What's up with the Name "Hallowed"? Congrats to him. Achiveing that feat at such age was Unimaginable.
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by clitlicker: 4:21am On Oct 01, 2014
One day i will add to the Ekiti professors. Im sure by then I'll probably be the world best clit licker
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by mperoakeem(m): 8:00am On Oct 01, 2014
seriously, i envy u., my tym is cumin
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 01, 2014
This time next year, it will be agbero thug awards
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2014
#Repping
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by SlyIg(f): 8:30am On Oct 01, 2014

#Inspired smiley

29 people to be honoured.
While the youngest Phd guy is 24years old.
I think that's what i saw.
Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by Abbey2sam(m): 8:50am On Oct 01, 2014

#Inspired smiley

You would be more inspired when you go back and read the post and find out that the young chap is actually 24

1 Like

Re: Ekiti To Honour Africa’s Youngest Ph.d Holder by tolu4you: 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
ekiti.....? yes. fountain of knowledge

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Unaccredited Course / Program In Nigeria / 10 Secrets Of Farting / Taraba State Univesity's Strike Called Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.