Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,683 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

My Plan Was Foiled - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Plan Was Foiled (1017 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Plan Was Foiled by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 01, 2014
I used to have this oil extracting tool before and I used it religiously on many cars on many oil changes.

I wore out the old one so I ordered a new one.

Unfortunately it makes no sense to use it on the Jetta because I still have to get under the car, unbolt 12 nuts to remove the air dam in order to access the oil filter.

Oh well.

Does anyone else on here use this tool or type of tool to do oil changes?

Re: My Plan Was Foiled by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2014
I've got one of my those, bro. I purchased it initially to service Smart cars, as most don't have an oil pan drain bolt. Suction from the top via the dipstick is the only way to get the old oil out.

I have since used it on vehicles with oil pan drain bolts, if the oil was inardvenly over filled.

1 Like

Re: My Plan Was Foiled by DECOtech(m): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
WOW! ...see equipment. How much does it cost please?
Re: My Plan Was Foiled by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
DECOtech: WOW! ...see equipment. How much does it cost please?

$96 total and you can get it shipped via LSM Global.

I like it because I used it draw oil out of the engine and then pump the oil out into containers.

You can also use it to draw out brake fluid from the master cylinders.

It's a very useful tool in my garage.

http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7201-Fluid-Evacuator-Plus/dp/B0002SR7TC
Re: My Plan Was Foiled by DECOtech(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
I wld like to have one and the scanner as well. We'll discuss payment on bbm.
CityNG:
It's a very useful tool in my garage.
Re: My Plan Was Foiled by oblo(m): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
City Ng Sir...abeg no vex... the engine you showed is that a new car or a car in use? Them no born my jetta engine to clean. like this for naija.. even after washing! grin Nigeria!
Re: My Plan Was Foiled by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
oblo: City Ng Sir...abeg no vex... the engine you showed is that a new car or a car in use? Them no born my jetta engine to clean. like this for naija.. even after washing! grin Nigeria!

My broda na so e be for here o grin

That car has 50,000 miles and is a 1999 and I have never detailed the engine.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! First Made-in-nigeria Motorcycle To Be Produced En Mass (pictured) / Car Maintenance: What To Expect At Each Service Interval / Ignition Coil For A Chevrolet Suburban Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.