Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,653 members, 7,958,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 (1096 Views)

LG Introduces LG16- The Cheapest Android Ever, Sells For N2000 / Revealed:- See Why Microsoft Left Windows 9 And Jump To Windows 10 / Airtel Introduces WTF Bundle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by vowiski(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2014
http://www.techrez.com/2014/10/windows-10-technical-preview.html
Windows 9 will no longer become a reality and has been replaced with Windows 10. The new OS is expected to be released sometime next year, and it’s designed to run across any kind of device you can think of. From 4-inch display to 80-inch, Microsoft expects users to have a seamless interaction with the OS.

“Windows 10 will be our most comprehensive platform ever,”

Windows chief Terry Myerson said at a briefing with reporters in San Francisco. “It wouldn’t be right to call it Windows 9,” he continued.

The launch of Windows 10 next year would arguably be Microsoft biggest OS launch ever as the OS would be launching simultaneously on PCs, phones and tablets. All of these will complete the unifying process of Microsoft products under a single OS.

Early preview of Windows 10 shows the integration of of Windows 7 and Windows 8 design features, beautifully crafted to give users the best OS experience ever. The most requested Start Menu returns while user interface features of Windows 8 are tucked into it. Classic and new-style apps run efficiently on the OS.

Smartphones would have a different UI from the one available on the featured image; the software giant has been lip-sealed on the development however. But it concludes by saying it would a massive update over Windows Phone 8.1.
Getting Spicy

From today, a technical preview version of Windows 10 would be available to users for testing purpose. If you want to try your hands on the pre-release copy, you can “download the Windows 10 preview part of a new Windows Insider program,” said Myerson.

Like earlier reported, Windows 10 will work efficiently in an array of devices and Joe Belfiore, VP of Windows had some demonstration to keep consumers at the edge. Whether it’s the old-school command prompt, Windows 7-style task bar or modern touch screens, Windows 10 answers all.

Windows 8 suffered a backlash from consumers and analysts globally, and Microsoft has had several update to fix the issues raised. But it has never given what consumers actually wanted. Windows 10 will shake things up, completely bringing to light and even more than what consumers can think off.

Gone are the days when company’s think they know what’s good for users, it is the users that determine the fate of a product and it is evident that Apple saw astronomical results, after listening to users for the first time, where it released the iPhone 6 with a bigger display.
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Mention(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice move
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by vowiski(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2014
Mention: Nice move

Absolutely... Gates and Ballmer should be happy anywhere they are.. cheesy
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Mention(m): 11:42am On Oct 01, 2014
vowiski:

Absolutely... Gates and Ballmer should be happy anywhere they are.. cheesy
Yeah.. Obviously...
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by computerboy: 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Still on my windows 8.1 pro
waiting patiently......

For the pirated copy of course wink

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Kezifils(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Until then, still chilling with windows 7.
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by francis247(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Kezifils: Until then, still chilling with windows 7.
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Joel3(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
and do you think microsoft don't know of the pirated copy? Ofcource he knows but keep allowing poor africa and asia to use them with getting free update. When he want to stop it.. He can
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joel3: and do you think microsoft don't know of the pirated copy? Ofcource he knows but keep allowing poor africa and asia to use them with getting free update. When he want to stop it.. He can
i cry for u so in your mynd microsoft is a person
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by vowiski(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
trishguy: i cry for u so in your mynd microsoft is a person
Hilarious..
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Joel3(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
trishguy: i cry for u so in your mynd microsoft is a person
shut up. When did you start using internet. You think i dont knw what i am saying.
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Joel3: shut up. When did you start using internet. You think i dont knw what i am saying.
u sir are a big f.o.o.l so in your mynd microsoft is a person wow seems u might be mentally deranged so d board of directors ceo group managers programmers who work at redmond are just a person and d 1st tin you can type is shut up i repeat i cry for u
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by GenOrumov: 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
And what's the difference between Windows "9" and Windows "10?" Nothing!! They just changed a figure. Its all publicity stunt.
Re: Microsoft Dumps Windows 9, Introduces Windows 10 by vowiski(m): 3:29am On Oct 02, 2014
GenOrumov: And what's the difference between Windows "9" and Windows "10?" Nothing!! They just changed a figure. Its all publicity stunt.

There is a lot of difference..

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Phones Without Camera. / I Need Infinix Hot Or Infinix Zero.fairly Used Cash And Carry. Abuja / Great Deals From EBAY.COM - MICOSTARMALL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.