Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:36 PM

Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? (1128 Views)

... / What's A SIM Card Slot On A Laptop Used For? / Is It Advisable To Buy A Fairly Used Ipad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by asalimpo(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello folks,
i'm considering purchasing a laptop online (from amazon) and shipping it to my nipost address . Is this advisable?
If uve don such share ur xprience.
I'm concerned with warranty how do i protect myself in this aspect?
How long cud it take to process and reach here?
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by asalimpo(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
I expect a reply. If u hav info giv feedback.
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by asalimpo(m): 9:59am On Oct 03, 2014
Nobody with online buyg experience or is it a case of read and pass?
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by opeyemix: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2014
guy,nah 50\50 safe and unsafe.if you use dhl or ups for the shiping,it is 100% safe buh the shipment cost is upto the price of the laptop e.g laptop=$290 shipment=$100-120 convert it to naira + 3 to 4weeks delay and protection charges......

Note!!! do not trust any other shipping company like shippyme.com or any other 3rd party........they are not reliable.i have read alot of cmplain about them in nairaland and facebook

it will be better to go to hp office in computer village and buy hp pavilion g6 or hp 655 for just 50-52k or less

that is where i plan to buy mine also i have just 40 @ hand.......08122395755
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by mikron(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
Why don't u copy the link of d lappy u wish to buy and place it in any of the importers threads on the importation threads in the technology market section of nairaland. But before u do that endeavor to visit the section and choose any importer of ur choice, plus choose importers that buy directly from eBay and Amazon. Tell him d lappy u need b4 copying d link of the lappy u wish to buy on the eBay website and paste it on his thread. He ll tell u to pay the amount to his bank account and by 4 days to one week u will receive ur goods. It's that simple. U only pay for transport. Maybe 2k for commission. They buy, ship to naija and deliver to u. No sweat. That is what I intend doing from henceforth.
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by asalimpo(m): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thanks. I'm in abuja not lagos.
i need something sturdy with good battery life.
I'm thinking of using myus.com for shipping (know anything about them). If i had my way i'd like to deal without 3rd parties.
Amazon to us shipper to my naija address.
I just dont know how safe it is shippg to nipost.
Pls shed more light.
I sent an enquiry to myus.com but all i'm gettg is auto responses.
I wanted them to view my list and give me an estimate. If it's too expensive i'll ditch d attempt.

Dat dhl cost is bloody!

With Nigerian sellers, i was told most lappies sold as new aint really so.
Laptop prices in abuja are high too. Too high.

Thanks for d feedback.
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by asalimpo(m): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
mikron: Why don't u copy the link of d lappy u wish to buy and place it in any of the importers threads on the importation threads in the technology market section of nairaland. But before u do that endeavor to visit the section and choose any importer of ur choice, plus choose importers that buy directly from eBay and Amazon. Tell him d lappy u need b4 copying d link of the lappy u wish to buy on the eBay website and paste it on his thread. He ll tell u to pay the amount to his bank account and by 4 days to one week u will receive ur goods. It's that simple. U only pay for transport. Maybe 2k for commission. They buy, ship to naija and deliver to u. No sweat. That is what I intend doing from henceforth.
ok. I'll try this. It all boils down to time , money costs and integrity. Thankyou.
Re: Is it advisable to Buy A Laptop Online? by euwajeh(m): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2014
shippyme is not that bad as people claims.i have been using them for almost a year, with out no issue
opeyemix:
guy,nah 50\50 safe and unsafe.if you use dhl or ups for the shiping,it is 100% safe buh the shipment cost is upto the price of the laptop e.g laptop=$290 shipment=$100-120 convert it to naira + 3 to 4weeks delay and protection charges......

Note!!! do not trust any other shipping company like shippyme.com or any other 3rd party........they are not reliable.i have read alot of cmplain about them in nairaland and facebook

it will be better to go to hp office in computer village and buy hp pavilion g6 or hp 655 for just 50-52k or less

that is where i plan to buy mine also i have just 40 @ hand.......08122395755

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Solve This!!! / PLEASE Air Your View On This Pc / Learn Our ICT Programs In Six Weeks - See Programs & Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.