Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (20861 Views)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Aelusive: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Fenerbahce star, Emmanuel Emenike has told AfricanFootball.com he is prepared to stay
out of the Super Eagles if coach Stephen Keshi believed he is the problem of the team.

Keshi has been quoted as saying he is unhappy with the AFCON 2013 top scorer, who he
sensationally benched in last month’s AFCON qualifier against Congo in Calabar.

However, Emenike says he has utmost respect for Keshi.

“I have always treated Keshi like a father, and he has always lived in my heart to be a good
father. Before now, we have been enjoying a smooth relationship and I see no reason why
he should be holding grudges against me.”

“Keshi is a good coach, a coach with high pedigree. I give him all the respect I can give my
father whenever I come for a national assignment.

“Everything changed after the Nations Cup, everything about him towards me changed and
I decided to stay on my own,” he further revealed.

“But I am very surprised by what he said that he and some players in the Eagles are not
happy with me. Over what?

“I don’t want Nigerians to see me as being proud or arrogant, but if the coach thought
inviting me to his team will not bring result or peace to the team, he can let me be.

“I have maintained a solid relationship to avoid quarreling with him, but if my invitation to
play for Nigeria does not stand for peace, I will like to stay focused with my club,” Emenike
said.

He added: “I have always loved to give my best for Nigeria and I always make it known that
I can always fight to score goals for my country and I will not like coach Keshi to let
Nigerians see me as an indisciplined player who is not ready to give them my best again.

“My Super Eagles career is as important as my club career. Coming to play for Nigeria was
the biggest decision I have ever made in my life. And I appreciate the way the fans have
been striving hard to cheer me up whenever I push for goal.”

He stated that: “I have never seen the Super Eagles camp as my father’s house, it’s a
temporary place for everybody, and why should we be making problems for ourselves? he
asked.

“If Keshi thought inviting me is a problem to his selection or the team, I will prefer to stay
back and maintain my big respect for him”.

Source: Nigerian Tribune

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
thank GOd we have ideye

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by wordychap: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Good. This is between emenike n keshi, let keshi keep antagonizing his players let's see how he'll get results- always looking for someone to blame for his mishaps.

34 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by constance500: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
So.........
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by barbstee(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
abeg quit if u wsh nobody cares!

3 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Begonia(m): 3:00am On Oct 02, 2014
That's what true fans do. They support and constructively criticize. If he can't handle that then maybe he should take a walk!

EDITED: op, why didn't you put the full story before? So it was actually Keshi he was referring to. I'm not surprised. Keshi is so bad at managing his players. He's always having problems with one player or the other. NFF had better do something about this egomaniac. Osaze, IK Uche, now Emenike. The problem is obviously Keshi not the players!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by klem93(m): 5:00am On Oct 02, 2014
I beegi let him go, we have many undiscovered super stars in surulere and agege lagos...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Azazi(m): 5:01am On Oct 02, 2014
abegi quit wetin u dey play before

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by CharlieMaria(m): 5:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Bye....

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Greyworld: 5:03am On Oct 02, 2014
I tink Keshi just want him 2 puit in mur efforts...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by mcdokwe(m): 5:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Let him go
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by harrysterol(m): 5:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Boiz the sleep now,! cheesy c as front page emty

Kechii

4 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by born2boink(m): 5:07am On Oct 02, 2014
Abeg quit ja re! Football don tire me
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by LordMecuzy(m): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Na Messi dey quit?

4 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by rukkyland(m): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2014
wetin concern me..na only u waka come?
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by coded01: 5:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Oh well... grin tongue grin
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Desdola(m): 5:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Hope this doesn't turns out as Ike Uche's case. Waiting to hear from Keshi
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by lastpage: 5:11am On Oct 02, 2014
wordychap: Good. This is between emenike n keshi, let keshi keep antagonizing his players let's see how he'll get results- always looking for someone to blame for his mishaps.

Why is Keshi always bad-mouthing his best players?
From Osaze, to ideye, now Emenike?

Is he trying to use these players as scape-goats for his own failures and ineptitude?

I tire for this Keshi o!

Lastpage!

27 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by kingzjay(m): 5:12am On Oct 02, 2014
Issorite
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Austindark(m): 5:12am On Oct 02, 2014
OK we hear
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 02, 2014
When an oaf gets too big for his breeches, a resounding fall is imminent. This is a warning to both parties cos Emenike, recently, had become swollen-headed. I think this started after his successful campaign and conquest at the AFCON in SA.

Keshi had been acting like an old man who has refused to let kids take the shine off him. He still want to share the limelight(and probably screaming female fans) with the lads. He does not know the difference between a coach and a player.

An old man should never hug the limelight like a lappa in harmattan cos it leaves his bottom bare to the full glare of the public. An old man should never be too vindictive; it will make him lose focus in his last days. It destroyed Obasanjo. It is doing same to Keshi.

Last word: people are quick to forget a thousand good you did, for the one bad you did at the twilight of your existence here.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Emeca: 5:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Keshi keeps shifting d blame to his players, he never questions his own strategies.

He fails to recognize dat it behoves on him to get d best out of his players.

Has he asked himself how d highest goal-scorer at d last AFCON has gone nearly 5 matches without scoring a goal. Maybe his current strategy as d coach isnt working.

Emenike has delivered for us before and his current struggle is down to d setup of d team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Bigcake: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2014
I play pass Emenike na, abeg make i go buy rubber boot first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by DMilanista: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2014
NLers dey sleep. See as first page free.
Back to d topic, Emenike and Keshi shld resolve whatever differences they have.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Ezyp(m): 5:17am On Oct 02, 2014
I bet 90% above me just read the title before commenting

9 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by seunlayi(m): 5:18am On Oct 02, 2014
I m expecting Mikel to say this not you Emmanuel

4 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by dee99: 5:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Easy bro, don't follow the path of Uche brothers. Keshi is da Boss
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Truth234(m): 5:21am On Oct 02, 2014
One thing is clear now, Keshi is a good coach but not a good leader. That is why the players are good but they lack that killer instinct or that extra ounce needed to triumph when the game is even.

Because you don't get it from training, you get it from inspiration, motivation etc. And Keshi just doesn't seem like the person to give that. Too many trouble from the same person like a Boss. Please tell him all of them are working for Nigeria, no one is the boss. We Nigerians are the boss and our interests come first. Make him calm down o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by mesoade(m): 5:23am On Oct 02, 2014
From ideye to uche to osaze and now to emenike to who's next?

Kelechi iheanacho abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Venus1: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2014
baba keshi

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by otokx(m): 5:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Emenike has made some points there; Keshi should have left the team after the world cup. Now he is in danger of being disgraced.

3 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by mercato: 5:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Keshi please put your house in order. We do not need rifts like these in our team

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Eagles Sing And Dance To Celebrate Cameroon Victory / Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats / Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.