Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money (28842 Views)

Student Hostel For Sale (WITH PICTURE) @ Unilorin Rd. Ilorin, Kwara State / Property For Sale In Owerri - Good For Fast Food, Student Hostel Or Hotel / Building A Student Hostel : Profitability And Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 02, 2014
g
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by dukeagape(m): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2014
That'S true, an average price of a room in my school (lautech) is 50k and there are hostels like 115k also, each hostel has about 20rooms and there is one with 124 rooms at d price of 70k

4 Likes

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by redcliff: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2014
otokx: Experience differs from theory, go to UNIPORT and see empty private residential blocks for students. The ones that have occupants, its always 1 day 1 trouble. In other news no light as usual.

Explain further..im interested..
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Smiler11(f): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2014
How much does it cost to build 10 rooms apartment
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by ojeffo: 7:21am On Oct 02, 2014
mesoade: Yeah i get you. . .

Bt we too dey giv investors free hand 4 9ja,most of dem no even get visa nd dem go come here dey form micheal scoffield and we sef if we c dem wey dey do one kind as if dem b celeb.
Bottom line-investors should have restrictions in 9ja

anyway,My dad is tryna build one close to one state university like that.
Ur dad....?? Wen will u build your own

2 Likes

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by mesoade(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2014
ojeffo:
Ur dad....?? Wen will u build your own
when the lord provides
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by 100Cents: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2014
Following.

I have land but it is meant for my house first.

Before I start building hostel, I should be making big money daily. No be 5 room hostel I go wan build.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Private hostel development project are sub divided into four categories.

.Micro project: 16rooms with toilets, bathrooms and kitchen on one plot of land.

• Mini project: 50 rooms with toilets, bathrooms, and kitchen
on three plots of land. Shops can be added depending on your preferences.

• Standard project: 100 self contain rooms on four plots of land.

• Large project: 500 self contain rooms on six plots of land with shops, general library and cyber café.

Land,

Buying of land at your choice location.
A lawyer service to be paid for by you, will be necessary, to
carry out preliminary professional investigation on the
status of the land.
If you have a land already that makes things easier

Development.

You will need the service of a professional developer to carry out the project construction.

1 Like

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Income Projection

A self contain room at a good location closer to the campus, is between N40,000 to N50,000 now, let say you build 300 rooms your income will be N12,000,000 - N15,000,000 Yearly

What a safe way to invest your hard earned money in Nigeria

Below are very good universities you can get good returns on your investment

University of Ado Ekiti. Ekiti State
University of Ilorin.Kwara State
Ladoke Akintola University. Ogbomosho.
Federal university of technology. Akure, Ondo State
Ondo state university of tech. okitipua
Ekiti state university of Education, Ikere Ekiti, Ekiti State
ogun state University.
moshood Abiola polytechnics. Ogun State, Nigeria
Tai solarin University
Adekunle Ajashin University . Akungba Akoko, Ondo State
Babcok University

1 Like

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2014
For further assistance you can reach me on

Tel: +2347035596641,+2348178706641
Whatsapp: +2347035596641
Bbm: 7E0BF295
Email: info@saeltd.com.ng, s.ajose@saeltd.com.ng and samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com
Cheers
Samuel
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2014
Smiler11: How much does it cost to build 10 rooms apartment

10rooms apartment should cost you 3.5-5million all depending on the location.
You can shoot me a mail for more information.
email:info@saeltd.com.ng, s.ajose@saeltd.com.ng and samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com

Regards,
Samuel
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Emeca: good way to invest ur money for long-term returns.

And its just getting started. With student population going thru d roof expect demand to be on d steady increase.

yes, true talk.

Regards,
Samuel
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Emeca: 8:25am On Oct 02, 2014
zleemshaddy: I hail of una oo

You ar welcome. Now go and wash d plates.

1 Like

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Bode2: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2014
segzy14: [b]No.3:Ensuite Single Room Student Hostels
This type of student housing design is for students who have something extra to spend. And who are willing to pay a bit more to get some privacy.
As mentioned above, the major drawback of single room (face me I face you) buildings in Nigeria is the fact that everyone shares a common overcrowded insufficient and, often, sub- standard kitchen, bathroom, and toilet.
The ensuite single room student hostel (or student accommodation design) seeks to solve this problem.
With this student housing design, each room has its own
bathroom, kitchen and toilet. This design is obviously more
expensive to build.
For starters, it occupies more land space and it requires installing more amenities.
For example, a regular 10-room building will have maximum of two toilets, two baths, and two small kitchen. But in the case of ensuite 10-room building, there will be . . .
10 toilets
10 baths and
10 kitchen
Nevertheless, the home owner of his kind of student hostel or student accommodation can charge more for it because of the perceived higher value in the eyes of students or other category of tenants.

[/b]
I strongly think this category is the best or ideal for students. How can a male teen be sharing bathroom and toilet with a female teen who are not of the same parents. What's parents opinion on this?

2 Likes

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Bode2: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
segzy14: [b]No.3:Ensuite Single Room Student Hostels
This type of student housing design is for students who have something extra to spend. And who are willing to pay a bit more to get some privacy.
As mentioned above, the major drawback of single room (face me I face you) buildings in Nigeria is the fact that everyone shares a common overcrowded insufficient and, often, sub- standard kitchen, bathroom, and toilet.
The ensuite single room student hostel (or student accommodation design) seeks to solve this problem.
With this student housing design, each room has its own
bathroom, kitchen and toilet. This design is obviously more
expensive to build.
For starters, it occupies more land space and it requires installing more amenities.
For example, a regular 10-room building will have maximum of two toilets, two baths, and two small kitchen. But in the case of ensuite 10-room building, there will be . . .
10 toilets
10 baths and
10 kitchen
Nevertheless, the home owner of his kind of student hostel or student accommodation can charge more for it because of the perceived higher value in the eyes of students or other category of tenants.

[/b]
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by oladayo042: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2014
segzy14: For further assistance you can reach me on

Tel: +2347035596641,+2348178706641
Whatsapp: +2347035596641
Bbm: 7E0BF295
Email: info@saeltd.com.ng, s.ajose@saeltd.com.ng and samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com
Cheers
Samuel
You should have done this from the beginning of the thread. I know this is the only reason why someone will say a plot of land close to campus costs between N400k to N1m and dish out fancy ROIs. Are you in Nigeria?

Theory is truly different from practical.

1 Like

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2014
oladayo042: You should have done this from the beginning of the thread. I know this is the only reason why someone will say a plot of land close to campus costs between N400k to N1m and dish out fancy ROIs. Are you in Nigeria?

Theory is truly different from practical.

for your information, i am in nigeria, i just created this topic last night and wanted to finish the writeup before posting my contacts,lo and behold it made frontpage.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by chiboy11(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
U did nt state ow much it wil take to build such
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 02, 2014
chiboy11: U did nt state ow much it wil take to build such

it depends the type u need and the size of your land if u have.

10rooms apartment should cost you 3.5-5million all depending on the location excluding land.
You can shoot me a mail for more information.
email:info@saeltd.com.ng, s.ajose@saeltd.com.ng and samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com
Regards,
Samuel
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by pete3000: 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Nice and educative
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by uglyogre(f): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Wonderful write-up. Once you have a good management system, and a working contractual agreement, then hostel development is a profitable investment!

1 Like

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2014
uglyogre: Wonderful write-up. Once you have a good management system, and a working contractual agreement, then hostel development is a profitable investment!

sure.

1 Like

Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Below are the procedures for starting such;

Phase 0ne
• Project Feasibility study, investment analysis and income projection
• Facilitation of land at good location near the campus.
• Processing of relevant land documents.

Phase two
• Draw building plans and obtaining building approval.
• Building construction.

Phase three
• Project management and maintenance.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by ghettodreamz(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2014
segzy14:
Land,

Buying of land at your choice location. Price of land is between N400,000 - N1,000,000 in a very good location closer to the campuses

The above is not generally true, the last time I checked with a property agent, almost 3 years ago, the least a plot of land could be sold for was 1 milla (Lautech to be precise). If 3 years ago, the least a plot of land could be sold for is as high as 1 milla around underG area of Lautech. How much do you think such land would cost as at now?

Every other information up there, are so on point, and no doubt there is money in real estate as far as Nigeria is concerned, but it could be capital intensive to bring to fruition too. And of course, contracting skilled and honest builders to work on the project is so paramount, likewise having a good supervision during the project as well as good management of the said property after its completion.

Thank you for posting.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2014
ghettodreamz:

The above is not generally true, the last time I checked with a property agent, almost 3 years ago, the least a plot of land could be sold for was 1 milla (Lautech to be precise). If 3 years ago, the least a plot of land could be sold for is as high as 1 milla around underG area of Lautech. How much do you think such land would cost as at now?

Every other information up there, are so on point, and no doubt there is money in real estate as far as Nigeria is concerned, but it could be capital intensive to bring to fruition too. And of course, contracting skilled and honest builders to work on the project is so paramount, likewise having a good supervision during the project as well as good management of the said property after its completion.

Thank you for posting.

You can also buy the land yourself while we build it for you.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by router123(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Pls I hav d 1 room 1 bathroom & toilet 1 kitchen apartment for student that is vacant now in OAU IFE. It's beside d 2nd gate (rd 7 gate) it's cheap u can contact me on 08131360160
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
segzy14: Below are the procedures for starting such;

Phase 0ne
• Project Feasibility study, investment analysis and income projection
• Facilitation of land at good location near the campus.
• Processing of relevant land documents.

Phase two
• Draw building plans and obtaining building approval.
• Building construction.

Phase three
• Project management and maintenance.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by mufutau55(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Glad we made it to the Frontpage, wonder what I did right and differently this time... I am still vexing... not happy with others that did not make it.

Hajji M.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
mufutau55: Glad we made it to the Frontpage, wonder what I did right and differently this time... I am still vexing... not happy with others that did not make it.

Hajji M.

lol,u can still make it happen
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by mufutau55(m): 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
segzy14:

lol,

Right! People did not realized that I follow about 99% give or take of all threads in Properties Forum both new and old... so I see things as they come, both educative and garbage and I act accordingly.... And be rest assured that I am still working on those that did not make it yet... regardless of number of trials.

Hajji M.
Re: Student Hostel Development: A Sure Way Of Making Money by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
onila: yr right

my mother just built a block of flats for students near a federal university in Nigeria

shes making 9 million naira a year just from that house

What kind of flats did she build according to the examples above and how much was the capital?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Secure A Plot Of Land@lashone Estate,agbara; N400,000 Per Plot / Floor/wall Tiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.