Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. (1229 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Ur Advise Is Needed Pls / My Dilemma. Need Ur Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by bolasexy(f): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Plz mothers my baby just clocked a year yesterday nd I stopped bossom feeding yesterday buh it was nt easy as av expected.she cud not slip nd av used cyprigold for her just to make her slip buh it nt working.pls if der is any method I can use let me know cos I dnt want to give her feeder.
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by dytbabe: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
She's hungry
Feed her lol
Pet her
Sing her lullaby
Back her
Play with her
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
My sisters have always used spices...you can apply a bit of paprika to your breast and when she comes in contact with it, she wont want to see you boob ever again. Some people use bird poop, the smell puts them off, but i think thats going too far.
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cyprigold?Won't that make her hungrier?Vigil time.You need to pet her more and try not to make her hungry.She will get used to it,gradually.kpele.
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by bolasexy(f): 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Tanks alot
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by greatgod2012(f): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
Give her a warm beverage to drink and back her, after she sleeps off, gently lay her on the bed, meanwhile, ensure disturbances like wet diaper, heat and so on have already been dealt with.
It is well, e no easy, but God is always our strenght.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by delishpot: 12:48am On Oct 02, 2014
Maybe she is hungry? I dont get it o. Is it that you feed her yet she wont sleep or she rejects food and you dont want to breast feed so you let her go hungry cos you dont want to give her cow milk?
Why dont you get a sippy cup with silicon spout and try feed her milk with that? Dont give her thick bournvita biko dont give her meds that are not necesary too abeg save her kidney for her.
Its well. If she eats well and cant sleep try giving her 2.5ml of actifed or phernegan syrup. It will knock her out. Biko it should not be a regular thing o and dont up the dosage. NB if baby doesnt drink it well from spoon, buy a syringe from the pharmacy its sterile so its safe ( needle is not needed) and use to measure the dosage and squirt in the babys mouth little at a time till he swallows all. That way you dont spill half the med and get confused about howmuch of it baby actually swallowed and you also save yourself the stress fighting with baby to take his med by spoon or med cup.
Just dont put dirty or used syring into the medicine bottle. First pour out required dose in the med cup or spoon and suck it up with the syringe. Always wash it with clean water and soap after use.

Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by FINA4804(f): 6:34am On Oct 02, 2014
My dear I just stopped my daughter too, but she didn't disturb make she you feed your baby very well, time her and feed when you know she is full place her on the bed she will sleep off, if she wakes up at night feed her again and she will sleep off though my baby does not eat at night but I know when they are hungry they can't sleep.
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Please mothers should not be giving their babies medicines unless there is a very good reason for this or it has been prescribed by a doctor.

Most especially when we live in a country where fake drugs abound. Every drug, including paracetamol is dangerous and has side effects and your babys liver has to process and break down these chemicals.

Please I am not preaching but a mother giving other mothers advise.

As back to the breasst feeding, yes you are to expect some resistance. You too would resist if suddenly rice is taken off your menu. It will take a few days to adapt so expect her to cry, not sleep or to be whingy.

Make sure that she isnt hungry or wet and pet & cuddle her. There is no quick fix. Some babies get over it real quick and some may take a bit longer.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2014
I thought cyprigold is to increase apetite for food? You just worsened her situation.

You either feed her very well in the night by giving her heavy food so that she doesn't cry of hunger in the middle of the night or you make tea for her and put it in a warmer incase she wakes up.

Please stop giving her cyprigold o! Abeg o!
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2014
berem: I thought cyprigold is to increase apetite for food? You just worsened her situation.

You either feed her very well in the night by giving her heavy food so that she doesn't cry of hunger in the middle of the night or you make tea for her and put it in a warmer incase she wakes up.

Please stop giving her cyprigold o! Abeg o!

You are right, I did a little research & this is what I found

The active ingredient in Cyprigold is 4mg cyproheptadine.

Cyproheptadine is histamine receptor blocker, it also blocks dopamine receptors in sensitive users.
The user feels extremely hungry because the part of the brain known as the 'satiety' centre is blocked.
It also has anti allergy properties.

Cyproheptadine also causes the body to retain water, this also add to the gain in size and weight. Other side effects are drowsiness, excessive sweating, blurred vision, tinnitus, fatigue rigors, headaches etc
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 02, 2014
chaircover:

You are right, I did a little research & this is what I found

The active ingredient in Cyprigold is 4mg cyproheptadine.

Cyproheptadine is histamine receptor blocker, it also blocks dopamine receptors in sensitive users.
The user feels extremely hungry because the part of the brain known as the 'satiety' centre is blocked.
It also has anti allergy properties.

Cyproheptadine also causes the body to retain water, this also add to the gain in size and weight. Other side effects are drowsiness, excessive sweating, blurred vision, tinnitus, fatigue rigors, headaches etc

A drug like this wont be likely to be sold over the counter in a developed country.
I know how cyprigold has knocked me down and made me eat like a hungry lion as an adult not to talk of giving a one year old child the drug.

This is why I hate self medication by mothers to their kids. angry
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2014
berem: I know how cyprigold has knocked me down and made me eat like a hungry lion as an adult not to talk of giving a one year old child the drug.

This is why I hate self medication by mothers to their kids. angry

It is well
NL is a learning tool and I hope that one or two people have learnt a thing or two
My concen also is the rate of fake drugs around.
Even as an adult, I try to minimise the rate of taking drugs cos one never knows what is what
Even good hospitals can find themselves at the mercy of these fakes where fake and original drugs are mixed up in the same delivery.
Re: Mothers Here, Ur Advise Is Needed Urgently. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mondisweets: , she wont want to see you boob ever again. Some people use bird poop

(1) (Reply)

Omg™ What Is Wrong With This Photo. / 10 Choices You Wont Regret In 10 Years. / Video: See How Angry Girl Blast People For Calling Benin Girls Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.