Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

Using Internet Anonymity To Fight Corruption In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Using Internet Anonymity To Fight Corruption In Nigeria (611 Views)

... / What Is The Best Way To Fight A Witch / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Living In South Africa Promise To Fight Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using Internet Anonymity To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by youngbest(m): 12:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Good day my people, happy independence.
A thread here on NL inspired me to start thinking of a solution to our greatest problem in this country.
That problem is corruption but the worse part is that in Nigeria their is no repercussion for being corrupt, no matter how bad a government official's corrupt actions affects this nation negatively there always seems to be no punishment.
A lot of people want to speak out against this but fear prevents them from doing so, this fear steams from the fact that speaking out can endanger your life but most importantly the lives of our loved ones, this stops people from speaking out for fear of harm not to themselves but to the ones they love .
We know how much the internet and computers have become a part of our life, we also see people doing things they won't do in real life on the internet because they know you cant easily find them out (trolls), this previledge has been used negatively by people.
To summarise what am saying is lets use the internet to troll the government officials and individuals that are using corruption to destroy this country, we can demand for them to do their duties or risk their whole family being trolled mercilessly online.
I believe we don't need to change this polithievecians we just need to shame, punish and stigmatise them, trolling (4chan level of trolling) I believe will put them in line. This needs to make fp, have a wonderful day.

2 Likes

Re: Using Internet Anonymity To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by youngbest(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Anonymous

(1) (Reply)

Some Facts About India / Gorgeous Pics Of Home / Foreign Born Nigerians Whose Parent/s Were Born Abroad Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.