Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Need Improved Cassava Stem - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Improved Cassava Stem (4004 Views)

Vitamin A Cassava Stem / Pomato-growing Potato And Tomato From One Stem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Improved Cassava Stem by ccajolims: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
am in akure I just acquired some piece of land about 2ha and I want to plant cassava pls I need good variety that will mature within six months.

1 Like

Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by fm7070: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2014
go to IITA in your area or in Ibadan
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by ops(m): 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
I bought 419 variety from IITA last year february. If you are interested I can get you some stems from my farm but I'm based in ibadan.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by amarawa: 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
You think you can still plant cassava this year? Cassava needs at least 2 months rain o
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by ccajolims: 9:13am On Oct 04, 2014
ops:
I bought 419 variety from IITA last year february. If you are interested I can get you some stems from my farm but I'm based in ibadan.
so how do I contact you can you call or send your number
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by ops(m): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2014
08099717054. Its best u call from 6pm, anytimé b4 that I'm likely to b on d farm.

@amarawa. Its 50-50. This years rainfall has defied logic. Personally, I think chances are good.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by stagger: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2014
ops:
08099717054. Its best u call from 6pm, anytimé b4 that I'm likely to b on d farm.

@amarawa. Its 50-50. This years rainfall has defied logic. Personally, I think chances are good.

Quite right. It has been raining daily in Nasarawa state. Defies logic at this time of the year.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
amarawa:
You think you can still plant cassava this year? Cassava needs at least 2 months rain o
I planted cassava middle of november last year and it did excellently well, not to talk about this year with high volume of rain.
it is still very possible.

1 Like

Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by amarawa: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
All these Nigeria weather forecast don't work. A staff of IITA told me some months ago that it will be late to plant cassava in September this year because rain will stop early.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by agbeloba2001(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
fm7070:
go to IITA in your area or in Ibadan
i am also based in ibadan...will like to visit ur farm to gain experience....adewaledeji@gmail.com
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by adeniyi65(m): 12:43am On May 13, 2017
ops:
can i still get this from you in ibadan and how long does it take to mature?thanks for the reply in advance.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Teagirl(f): 5:56am On May 13, 2017
amarawa:
All these Nigeria weather forecast don't work. A staff of IITA told me some months ago that it will be late to plant cassava in September this year because rain will stop early.
no sane staff will give you such false information.

1 Like

Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Teagirl(f): 5:57am On May 13, 2017
ccajolims:
am in akure I just acquired some piece of land about 2ha and I want to plant cassava pls I need good variety that will mature within six months.
No variety mature in 6 months.

1 Like

Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by millena223: 4:28pm On May 13, 2017
How long does the latest IIATA variety take to mature? Who has used it?
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Aphrygian(m): 9:28pm On May 13, 2017
Teagirl:
No variety mature in 6 months.
who told u that, there is a variety common amongst ijebu watersiders they call it kenya,it would be ready by sixmonths
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by pat077: 8:06am On May 15, 2017
Aphrygian:
who told u that, there is a variety common amongst ijebu watersiders they call it kenya,it would be ready by sixmonths
and is this type of variety good for making Garri?
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Aphrygian(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2017
pat077:
and is this type of variety good for making Garri?
my brother i told thats what the ijebus use and you still ask me such question. Atleast u should no that has far as Southwest is concerned even if not Nigerian, the ijebus are force to recorn with when it comes to gaari production.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by pat077: 1:44pm On May 15, 2017
Aphrygian:
my brother i told thats what the ijebus use and you still ask me such question. Atleast u should no that has far as Southwest is concerned even if not Nigerian, the ijebus are force to recorn with when it comes to gaari production.
OK. Just that I was told that some variety are good for making starch and not Garri, hence, the question.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Gadgetmobil(m): 2:05pm On May 15, 2017
Aphrygian:

Hello brother, is there any possibility of giving a conversation tact for us to reach whomever may have this stem?
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Aphrygian(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2017
Gadgetmobil:

Hello brother, is there any possibility of giving a conversation tact for us to reach whomever may have this stem?
am no more at waterside i can only give you my contacts there.
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Jimmyo3(m): 1:08am On Jun 17, 2017
Please can someone furnish us with more information about the variety of cassava that matures within 6 months...
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by TokyoBulls(m): 3:02am On Jun 17, 2017
Such variety does not exist
Jimmyo3:
Please can someone furnish us with more information about the variety of cassava that matures within 6 months...
Re: I Need Improved Cassava Stem by Nicogen4us(f): 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
with the level Cassava has reached now.no one will buy Cassava lesser than 10months for any purpose because the more the maturity the better the value from it
For TME 419 stem,You can contact me. it is #800 per bundle of 50sticks which will be used for 100planting stand @25cm cut each.
Trinity farm we supply to anywhere if you're ready for Transport fare charge

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Black Beans Before? / How Do You Manage Farm From Abroad? / Free information on Agribusiness in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.