Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

News Reporter Fired For Failing To Pronounce Chinese President's Name. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / News Reporter Fired For Failing To Pronounce Chinese President's Name. (550 Views)

Tee Billz Apologizes To Fan After Failing To Control His Temper / “di’ja, Needs To Learn How To Pronounce Words” – Charles Novia / VIDEO: News Reporter Accidentally Draws P*nis On Screen During News Pre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News Reporter Fired For Failing To Pronounce Chinese President's Name. by tonaydo(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
A top official at India's state TV channel says the station has fired a news anchor who referred to Chinese President Xi Jinping as "Eleven" Jinping — apparently mistaking his name for a Roman numeral.
Xi left for China on Friday after a three-day visit to India, where he signed more than a dozen agreements to push trade and investment between the two Asian giants.
The anchor for the Doordarshan news channel made the gaffe on Wednesday night while she read a news bulletin. She was then "dismissed," the TV station official said Friday.
The anchor was a "casual" employee and not a regular staffer, he said.
He asked that his name not be used because he did not want to comment publicly on the matter.
Re: News Reporter Fired For Failing To Pronounce Chinese President's Name. by tomiobj(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Space reserved

Lol. If it is me I will fight oo. They sack me because I can't pronounce one chinko name. Ewooo
Re: News Reporter Fired For Failing To Pronounce Chinese President's Name. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
grin

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye Say Ayo Oritsejafor No Be Criminal / Khloe Openly Declares Her Love For French Montana / Woman Disappears Wit 4 Kids Within 30mins Of Starting Her Job As An Asst Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.