Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,912 members, 7,848,683 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Man Jumps Into Lagoon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Jumps Into Lagoon (851 Views)

Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Nigerian Man Jumps To Death While On The Run From Police In Malaysia / Nigerian Man Jumps Into Fire To Save His Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Jumps Into Lagoon by smile4kenn(m): 11:56pm On Nov 07, 2008
A 76-year-old man, identified as Papa Dele Ojo, has jumped into the Lagoon.

The incident occurred yesterday, along the Third Mainland Bridge. Papa Ojo reportedly left his son’s house, at 22, Igbehiandun Street, Makoko, in his son’s Toyota car, with registration number AJ 819 GWA, and drove towards the middle of the Third Mainland Bridge.

He was said to have parked the car on the bridge and jumped into the lagoon. As at the time of filing this report, it was not clear why Pa Ojo decided to end his life by committing suicide. His first son, who simply identified himself as Ojo Jnr., said the old man lacked nothing.

“It’s very annoying to say that we don’t take good care of our father. On Wednesday, we were together in this house. I even bought him some meat pies which he did not finish. I took the rest to my children in Ogun state. Anyway, I want to be mindful of what I say since the matter is being investigated by the police,” he said.

Investigation into the incident is being conducted by detectives from the Adeniji Adele Police Station, Lagos Island, where the matter was reported. He is survived by four children.
http://thepmnews.com/2008/11/07/man-jumps-into-lagoon
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by MrCrackles(m): 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2008
Baba has had enough

Hard knock life
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by smile4kenn(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2008
abi, 76 no be small age
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by Outstrip(f): 12:02am On Nov 08, 2008
Poor guy. Probably had some sort of dementia caused by old age. May his soul rest in peace and may God comfort his family
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by Morenike3(f): 6:17am On Nov 08, 2008
smile4kenn:

Ojo Jnr., said the old man lacked nothing.
Old Cliche: What we see is not always what it seems.
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by chessguru(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2008
@post
what has our police been able to investigate? nigerian police?? left to the immagination.
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by iice(f): 9:25am On Nov 08, 2008
LMAO @ Naija Police

Na wah
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ poster

The son sure say nor be him meat pie make the man commit suicide? In fact he nor even finish am. grin grin
Re: Man Jumps Into Lagoon by Flakybaby(f): 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hmmm, na wa ooo shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Daughters Are Amazing! / A+ / Houseboy Rapes Master’s 12-year-old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.