Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal (823 Views)

Arsenal Fan Loses House To Manchester United Fan In Match Bet / Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal by nickxtra(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerian striker, Ike Uche and his team mates have been mentioned in a match-fixing scandal, according to Spanish newspaper El Mundo.
Uche’s club then Real Zaragoza beat Levante 2-1 on the final day of the 2010/11 season to avoid relegation, while Levante and Deportivo La Coruna were demoted as a result.
Atletico Madrid captain Gabi, who scored Zaragoza’s two goals on that fateful day, confessed to a judge Thursday he was aware the match was fixed.
“I just did what the club asked me to do,” the 29-year-old  midfielder  simply said in court, according to  El  Mundo.
It is suspected that Levante players were paid to lose the match.
And the spotlight of this trial has fallen on  Agapito  Iglesias, the then  owner of Zaragoza, Leonardo Ponzio, Leo Franco and Uche, according to El Mundo.
The  prosecutor  wants  to question at least  20 players  in this match-fixing trial. Source: Vanguard

Re: Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal by ukukaegbu(m): 10:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
You won your match and they still question you for match fixing.

Do they expect you to lose your match before?

They should focus their attention on Levante, abeg.
Re: Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal by Segadem(m): 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
I will play Thomas here.
Re: Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal by nickxtra(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
[url][/url]
ukukaegbu: You won your match and they still question you for match fixing.

Do they expect you to lose your match before?

They should focus their attention on Levante, abeg.
But one of the players have confessed to that fact, stating yhat he did what the club asked him to do
Re: Nigerian Footballer, Ike Uche In Match-fixing Scandal by Millate01: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Who Killed Mikel Obi / R9 (el Fenomeno) VS CR7 (cristiano) / Suarez: Gerrard blocked my Arsenal move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.