Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] (8689 Views)

Rose Mensah Divorces Husband 4 Days After Wedding (see Why) / Popular Dancer, Kaffy’s Bleaching Is Becoming Quite Obvious [PICS] / So Sad! Popular Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo Dies During Child Birth....see Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by mimikool: 12:19am On Oct 03, 2014
Popular dancer, Kemi Omotoyinbo, who has performed with Pasuma and KWAM 1 among others, reportedly died in a Lagos hospital on October 1 during childbirth

[img]http://1.bp..com/-owqql2z4wjc/VC24wu_SFkI/AAAAAAADofU/r0usbJEUyY8/s640/a1f11__kemipaso.jpg[/img]

Popular dancer and upcoming actress, Kemi Omotoyinbo is dead.
Kemi, who has performed with the likes of Pasuma, KWAM 1 and Shina Peters, reportedly passed away yesterday, October 1, in a Lagos hospital due to complications connected with her pregnancy.
The dancer was reportedly admitted to the clinic after she went into labour but unfortunately she couldn’t have the child naturally and a Caesarean Section was recommended.

However, the hospital demanded a total fee of 450,000 and an initial deposit of 300,000 which Kemi’s husband, Godwin Eloanyi couldn’t raise.
Reports have it that despite several pleas to the doctor in charge, he refused to carry out the procedure.
Kemi eventually passed away that night, 20 days after her September 13 wedding.
A friend of hers reportedly said:
"The hospital killed her with their negligence and wickedness. Kemi would have lived if they had done the operation on time but money was more important than a young woman's life.
"Kemi's husband said he would pay the money the next day but the doctor refused and stated categorically that he would not move an inch else he pays 300,000. It was at that point Kemi decided to forward messages to people she knows so she could get help. She got responses that money would be made available to her the next day.
On hearing that the husband went to beg the doctors again, still they refused. My point is, the doctors knew she had to go through emergency C&S. they could have saved her life and get the money later. Nigeria is a very bad country I must confess."
May her soul rest in peace.
click here for more
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by iamSi(m): 12:59am On Oct 03, 2014
Short of words ... May God never allow the. Door of. Mercy. To shut. On us ... This is just. So so tragic ...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Chynx(m): 1:05am On Oct 03, 2014
This is soooo inhumane!

That doctor should be prosecuted and banned from practice!

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Gboliwe: 1:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Until the name of this hospital/clinic is named and the doctor shamed, this kind of stories will continue to be told.

What a sad story. I have never heard of the deceased until now but I already feel so much pain and anger in my spirit.
That doctor's certificate should be withdrawn.

Again, why go to a hospital that charges that much when there are other good hospitals that charges so much less?

May her soul rest in peace

12 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by yungchop: 1:52am On Oct 03, 2014
The fear of nigerian doctors is the . . . .

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by oge4real(f): 2:07am On Oct 03, 2014
This is the time for the bunch called NMA to investigate and do something fast! If this story is true, someone should be charged with negligent homicide to serve as deterrent to the stethoscope-wielding businessmen.
On the other hand, what happened to taking her to public hospital? I'm so vexed at the way 2 precious lives have just been wasted!!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Lucasbalo(m): 4:16am On Oct 03, 2014
This case is not uncommon in Nigeria. It shows how the country is going to hell in hand basket. Someone losing her life because she couldn't afford to pay for C Section is a shame. The rich flies to Europe or America to have their babies while the majority of nigerians have to deal with pathetic situations like this. Nigeria is dying slowly.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 03, 2014
Most doctors in this country are terrible, it's like they learn wickedness while in training!
He killed her and should be held responsible.
450k is even a large sum to charge for CS, They should make him eat her corpse, if karma starts now, people won't know what atrocity the bastard has committed.
RIP to the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by drnairalov: 6:11am On Oct 03, 2014
cmon dis is negligence, NMA if this is true berra investigate...dead just like dat, sigh!!! wat a wicked world
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 03, 2014
@OP Where's the pinshur now? undecided undecided
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by pheyikemi: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2014
The cost for a C/S is not as expensive as that in a public hospital, dunno why she opted for a private hosp. I guess the govts shd emulate ondo state govt by creating a free mother and child care, where the govt pays for d preg woman and her child, therby reducing mortality rate. To be realistic now, patients who run away w/out paying their bills made most doctors shut their eyes of mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by jnrbayano(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2014
I wonder what that doctor will be saying now.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 03, 2014
The hospital should be named,why hide it again,when they have done their worst.

RIP Kemi,haven't heard of your name before though.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2014
jnrbayano: I wonder what that doctor will be saying now.

RIP to the dead.

They don't care
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Jennydoris(f): 7:38am On Oct 03, 2014
Nigerian doctors! Their height of wickedness is growing everyday. This is one of the reasons why some celebrities and people that can afford to put to bed outside leaves Nigeria to any country of there choice for child delivery. Not because they want to make it a news but because they want the safety of both the baby and the mother. Some Nigerian Doctors and nurses I don't know if they include 'WICKEDNESS AND NEGLIGENCE' in their studies especially ones working with a private hospital. Something has to be done about it.

May your soul rest in peace Ma.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by jnrbayano(m): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2014
Rawdeal:

They don't care

Unless his heart is a cast from stone.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2014
SUCH SAD NEWSsadMAY HER SOUL R.I.Psad
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by echobee(f): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
Wicked world sad. Dat doctor should be held responsible for her death and d hospital closed angry
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by goolaniyi: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2014
dis is nt about nigeria is about dat wicked doctor[code][/code]

1 Like

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by mysticgal(f): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2014
i want to ask a question.
does the hippocratic rule*hope i spelt it well*tell them to save life when hospital costs are paid? this is pure wickedness
Rest in peace dear
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by sweetBummsy(f): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2014
Eeyah.. May her soul RiP
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by bayonekind(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2014
PROVIDE THE HOSPITAL NAME ...THIS WILL HELP TO FURTHER INVESTIGATION OF YOUR CLAIM .
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by fruityjojo(f): 8:58am On Oct 03, 2014
embarassed
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by fairygeh(f): 9:02am On Oct 03, 2014
So sad.rest in peace pretty lady.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by rattlesnake(m): 9:04am On Oct 03, 2014
Kai

RIP dear

Pls others stop rolling with ritualistic musicians
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by rattlesnake(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2014
Chynx: This is soooo inhumane!

That doctor should be prosecuted and banned from practice!
please not every bullshyte u read is true......btw the husband is trying to cover his tracks.....he fukced woman out of wedlock and no get money to pay bills how can u blame doctor...don't u know that other people will die if hospital bills are not paid
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Larrey(f): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2014
She was a good dancer cry May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by thorpido(m): 9:37am On Oct 03, 2014
The case should be investigated and the truth behind it should be brought out.

Almost everyone above me is blaming doctors and while I'm not trying to hold forth for the hospital/doctors in this case,there are different hospitals you can visit for treatment and the costs of services are not the same.She could have chosen to go to a public hospital where prices are much cheaper and she could even get waivers.
Private hospitals cost money to run.You have to generate your own electricity and pay staff salaries.A gynae earns about N600k a month.It's not cheap to run a private hospital and you have to demand money before service to keep your hospital running.

From experience,people do not like paying money in hospital.Many leave with debts and don't come back.You have to keep chasing them around.The best private hospitals can do is just be strict with money.

I'm sure they gave her the option of moving elsewhere and would even have referred her.I don't know in this case,just speaking generally.
Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by EsanEmmanuel(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2014
rattlesnake: please not every bullshyte u read is true......btw the husband is trying to cover his tracks.....he fukced woman out of wedlock and no get money to pay bills how can u blame doctor...don't u know that other people will die if hospital bills are not paid
are u sure ur brain is intact?? Yhu are a disgrace to human race.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Omotoyinbo : Popular Dancer Dies 20 Days After Wedding [photo] by Lilimax(f): 9:59am On Oct 03, 2014
This may not have happened if she has registered with a General Hospital. There prices are reasonable and affordable. undecided
I usually advice pregnant ladies especially first timers in Lagos to register with a General Hospital
no matter how tedious it may look.
They are still better that most of these Private Hospitals and there fees are reasonable.

Moreso, when the chips are down in these private Hospitals, they'll refer you to the General Hospital and
I bet you, they may not attend to you very well.

RIP young lady.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Actor Walter Anga Loses Girlfriend - Photos / Latest Tricks And Tutorials On Fashion And Styles....new Tricks Everyday!!! / LKT's Manager, Emibrian Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.